uktactical.com not responding?

Cosmitz

Hey,

I've sent an email regarding an order i wanted to place with them on the 26th last month and I've resent another mail four days ago and still no answer. I know they are slow with emails, as i've exchanged a few before, but nothing like 'ignoring' them. The only reason i'm a bit fussy about it is because i really don't want an item to go out of stock, and then wait another month for it.

Does the UK have an extended holidays policy or something? >.>

Yeak, much as I love the stuff UK Tac stock and their prices, they're rather understaffed for the level of 'stock flow' they go through if that makes sense. They've always come through in the end for me, but they can be quite bad for keeping the stock levels on the site updated and replying to stuff, definitely a requirement to phone when you need an issue resolved.

A lot of businesses shut down Christmas Eve up until 4th Jan

IIRC uktactical are in Middelsborough so

Delays in getting back to you might have something to do with the weather

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside...84229-25538013/

As well as all this, they were closed for stock taking on Monday 4th.

Much as I prefer email, phoning is definitely the way forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Called them a few days ago, the girls there were quite happy to assist me and even though i sat 7 minutes on the phone internationally which will prolly get back to me in the 10-15 euro cost-range, i got it all sorted out. My order should be arriving sometime next week or the week after that, since an item went out of stock from the time i ordered it to the time i called them about the order.

Can't say i'm entirely happy about the experience.. if they'd only check their email more often then once every two weeks, i would be more then happy to order from them on a frequent basis, and have a much lower phone bill.

Uk tactical are terrible, ordered from them before twice - never again!

The first was to get a warrior RICAS, at the time they were the only ones who stocked them, so i was preprepared to wait and ignored the lack of communication.

The second time though was for a Pentagon flash-light that was supposed to be in stock, it took two months to deliver! the excuse was that they had to import one from America -- Balls! i could have imported one myself in days!

To rub salt into the wound they replied to one of my emails 6 months later after I had received it!

Special forces kit has some, but not much at all; only other place I know of to stock warrior and I've looked quite extensively.

Not sure exactly what's happened with uktac, they used to get nothing but high praise from everyone not all that long ago. I know I've been ordering from them for quite some time, and as an online retailer they couldn't have been any better back then; the negative reviews seem to be increasing all the time though and my personal experience is backing them up recently. I'm going to carry on using them for now and fingers crossed they'll hire some more staff in, I think I'll be making all my orders over the phone where possible in future however.

just what i was going to say, ive reccomended them to some buddies in the TA and on Active service and they tell me they get their orders super fast.

then again only problem ive had with them is that they forgot about an out of stock item i ordered and seems i forgot aswell untill i checked the invoice i asked them if it was in stock and it wasnt so they sent me out a similar product which i approved of asap.

so for me they have been brilliant. but this order i got coming through will determine if im still lucky.

When I ordered a WAS rucksack I needed in a hurry (an airsoft hurry, not a "going to afghan" hurry), I phoned them up as it hadn't shown, there'd been something overlooked , and so they sent me a free t-shirt in the pack the next day after saying "ooh, sorry love, are you deploying?" which of course I wasn't, and said so. They're good people with a lot of work on.

I've been quite aware of their primary customer base for some time, I had a chat about it with one of the blokes who owns the place a while ago and have posted about it on this very forum in the past. However, it's not them taking a while to ship out my orders that I've taken issue with recently, it's their sudden poor attitude towards updating stock status's on the website. Saying something is in stock, taking my money for it (specially when the item in question cost £100) and then telling me I'm not going to get it for another month because it wasn't in stock after all, well, not acceptable frankly. I even notified them of the fact said item was still showing as in stock when I spoke to one of their staff over the phone, got reassurances this would be rectified, continued to check on it just out of interest during the next couple of weeks.... lo-and-behold it was still listed as being available a fortnight later; and it was that specifically which annoyed me.

When I go to Afghanistan yes it'd be nice to get a speedier service above the internet orders going to airsofters and the like, but also when I am buying 'as a civvie' as it were it'd be good to know, that when I pay for an order, I'm actually going to get all the items that I've handed over my hard earned cash for. I've been a big advocate of UKTac for a very long time now and stuck up for them in the past, but sometimes I feel like it's all just being spat back in my face.

i used them about 8 times last year and they were great every time , in fact one time they did a special on the vest after i had placed the order the day before and sent the extra stuff even thou it was done after i placed my order :) thou i only have my stuff for airsoft i just hope the folks who need it for real get it fast as i always have. only problem i find is its mainly tan stuff carried and have to time it right for od :)

They can be a little slower than id like with emails but i understand they are good over the phone resolving issues. Though the problems ive had have always been my own fault not paying enough attention ordering the wrong colour of pouch or whatever! Postage is good though really quick and the service they use visits my area around 5-6pm so theres normally someone at home to accept it which is a big plus!

Archived