LOL! Ebairsoft selling Pakols!

Jungle_Spectre

Actually, Pakols are going for around $25.00 on eBay.

-Vic

Yeah but at least those are probably real, not some Chinese knockoff :S

I'd be like buying a blackhawk shemagh. You can get a real one from Pakistan for about half the price.

I'd be like buying a blackhawk shemagh. You can get a real one from Pakistan for about half the price.

Yeah, that's true, and if I wanted one, I would go the eBay route.

I was just sayin'...

:P

-Vic

Maybe they will have man-dresses soon.

Thats quite offending to those who are pakistani or from a islamic county, its called a Shalwar Kameez or Jubba :angry:

In east london they were about 50p right then it became a fashon accessory in the uk everyone wears them, now their about £20 in oxford street, you get a real one for £4 quid here in east london

Pakol's real ones are around £2 - £3 here

Thats quite offending to those who are pakistani or from a islamic county, its called a Shalwar Kameez or Jubba :angry: ...

There are a few other names for them in various languages, but in American slang it's a man-dress. Offensive perhaps, but when something is shaped like a dress and worn by a man....

There are a few other names for them in various languages, but in American slang it's a man-dress. Offensive perhaps, but when something is shaped like a dress and worn by a man....

Thank you for showing everyone why the rest of the world hates America <_<

Thank you for showing everyone why the rest of the world hates America <_<

So, my politically correct fellow American, if you want to refer to a dress-shaped garment worn by men, I presume that you cross-reference the person in question's ethnicity with the exact style of garment and call it a thobe, thaub, thawb, kandura, shalwar kameez, dishdasha, suriyah, gandora, achkan, khaleeji, jellabiya, kurta, sherwani, kandura, or jubba? Thank you for your sensitivity to other cultures, you definitely have my vote for ambassador.

The term "man-dress" gets the point across in the classic Yank style: artless, dismissive, but unmistakably direct. History agrees with me--what do you call one of these:

ch1[ekm]502x300[ekm].jpg

(I'll bet you Western folks didn't think dǒu lì, sugegasa, satgat , Nón lá, or salakot.)

Back on topic, BoomArms has Pakols too: "Afghanis Pancake Hats" :P

Um you could just call it what they call it. How would you like it if all of our European friends on the boards refered to American's exclusively as cow co** sucking rednecks? I'd bet you'd be singing a different tune. You call things what their people call it, not some lazy shorthand you decide to call it because your either too lazy to find the real name or too stupid to care.

I have a pakol, and a salwar kameez, and yeah, it looks like a dress...

Dude, get a fake beard and you're set!

I stand by the simple fact that the English word for a long blouse is "dress"; and this will be true forever no matter who is offended by it. Now I'm off to order my pancake hat.

Archived