WE GBBR reliability on CO2

kojak

WE GBBR reliability  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Has your WE GBBR failed to function due to parts breaking or wearing out during normal use?

• No, and I usually use "green gas" magazines.
    • No, and I usually use CO2 magazines.
    • Yes, and I usually use "green gas" magazines.
    • Yes, and I usually use CO2 magazines.

With all the anecdotal reports of breakdowns--even the brand new WE 416--some poll figures could really benefit the community.

It would be especially helpful if owners could post a brief description of your gun(s) and what's happened to it (if anything).

Here's mine for an example:

WE M4 (early model with CO2 conversion kit), CO2 mags only

Charging handle broke after about 500rds, replaced with reinforced version

Part #59 shattered after about 500 rounds, replaced with stock part

Replaced #66, 50, 54, 57, and #61 with CNC steel parts

Nozzle snapped after about 2000rds, replaced with NPAS

NPAS nozzle snapped after about 500 rounds

I'm mostly talking about issues resulting in full failure, not leaky mags, temperamental hopups, or unreliable bolt stops. I'd also like to exclude problems resulting from abuse.

Thanks!

WE SCAR

Buttstock hinge plate broke after a 2-300 shots on co2, not reached 1000 rounds yet and now it doesnt cycle properly anymore.. seem like the hammer light strikes..

I noticed that TSC made a stronger hammer spring but I didn't know that was a problem. Maybe it could help?

If your gun is running fine, post what model you have and approximately how many BBs you've put through it.

Ok here are mine:

WE M4 V1 ( CO2 conversion kit )

Charging Handle Broken @ about 3k rounds

TSC CNC Trigger Group

RA-Tech NPAS ( with original nozzle )

RA-Tech Firing Pin and Valve Locker

Stinger/RA-Tech Hop Up

Custom Made Alu Part#62

10k Rounds of Mileage ( between 1 to 2k on CO2 )

1 Breakage up until now

WE ( AFC Version ) M16 V3

PRI Charging Handle

Custom Made Alu Part#62

DIY Modified/Reinforced Trigger Group

RA-Tech Firing Pin and Valve Locker

Stinger/RA-Tech Hop Up

1k Rounds of Mileage ( all on CO2 )

No Breakage up until now

WE SCAR CO2 with NPAS.

Stock hinge plate after one skirmish and testing before said skirmish. Unsure when exactly it broke as it wasn't noticed till after the game use about 40 co2 capsules unsure how many rounds in excess of 1200 though.

Trigger has also reset or something fires full auto when semi is selected unsure of the fault at the moment.

Lost semi auto function after 1 month of light use, running on Green gas only (Co2 magazine has failed). Full auto works and when set on semi, will burst fire or go full auto if trigger is held.

All Co2 does is speed up the failure process and destroys other internal parts as well. Either way, the gun will fail or break. Best advise, don't fire it. Ever. WE's are best used as props, paper weights, or a great way to donate money.

-edit-

WE AWSS M4 V3.

Lost semi auto function after 1 month of light use, running on Green gas only (Co2 magazine has failed). Full auto works and when set on semi, will burst fire or go full auto if trigger is held.

All Co2 does is speed up the failure process and destroys other internal parts as well. Either way, the gun will fail or break. Best advise, don't fire it. Ever. WE's are best used as props, paper weights, or a great way to donate money.

-edit-

WE AWSS M4 V3.

Way to ruin a thread and just rant, if you want to rant and don't add anything usefull just post it on the WE M4 review thread ( or any other WE thread you post the same post repeatedly ). Point in case is, kojac created this thread to give out actual usage information don't destroy it :)

I'm sorry, but did you read the first part of my post? I run Green gas and encountered the same problems, does that tell you anything about using Co2? Co2 is nasty on internals despite giving off hard recoil and a decent RoF.

I just said the rant/bitching part was completely off topic ( and thats most than half of your post ) and thus not helpful at all, i wasn't speaking of the "first" part of your post. The usefullness of this thread i just that, just give info without all the babbling of manufacturer X , retailer X ou whatever X sucks/blows/whatever insult that plagues the original thread :rolleyes:

I just said the rant/bitching part was completely off topic ( and thats most than half of your post ) and thus not helpful at all, i wasn't speaking of the "first" part of your post. The usefullness of this thread i just that, just give info without all the babbling of manufacturer X , retailer X ou whatever X sucks/blows/whatever insult that plagues the original thread :rolleyes:

You win, I lose. ;)GO WETTI!

You win, I lose. ;)GO WETTI!

WETTI sucks dude ! Anyway don't take it the wrong way, too bad you encountered those problems with your sample ( i had my share of little problems ) it's just that the WE thread is already choke full of off topic conversations, doing the same here would just defeat the porpuse of the thread and be an one way ticket to be closed or something ...

Here is a Timeline of issues for my M4

WE M4 V1 , Unmarked version, propane 95% of the time, 5% on CO2.

Out of the box:

Hop up was too high -> modified hop rubber

Accuracy was ###### -> modified part 117 (rubber sleeve)

Rapid firing causes no feeding -> Modified part 117

Trigger reset not regular -> Modified part 61

Installed guide rod centraliser.

500 rounds later...

Bolt stop breakage -> Replaced with steel bolt stop.

2K rounds later

Firing pin housing part 59? break -> New part 59 + modifications

3K rounds later...

1 Floating valve breakage

CO2 kit installed

Cocking handle breakage.

1K round later...

Trigger Breakage (semi-auto sear wear and fracture) - > Installed 1st Gen TSC steel semi-auto sear.

Cool down issue slowing ROF and not feeding -> modified nozzle head (thinning it down), remove one oversized O-ring from nozzle

Buffer spring changed to AGM, Steel Bolt is lightened.

500 rounds later

Hammer wear (from steel TSC semi-auto sear) -> Installed 1st Gen TSC steel hammer

Irregular semi-auto cycling -> modified TSC steel semi-auto sear

300 rounds later

Trigger wear (trigger wear from TSC hammer), Installed 1st Gen TSC steel trigger.

500 rounds later

Cool down causes cycling to slow, O-ring on part 121 and nozzle determined as cause -> O-rings were filed down to fit.

2K rounds

After that, Hop irregularities on one of the days of use -> Barrel cleaned

400 rounds later

Has had zero failures till current.

-------------------------

Others have had more problems:

- Broken steel CO2 nozzles, Common and regular

- Broken floating valve, Common and regular

- Broken upper receivers

- Munched hammer (SCAR only)

- Worn trigger/hammer/sears

- Inaccurate, 100% of all WEs here

- Not cycling after rapid fire, 100% of WEs here

- Not feeding after rapid fire, 100% of WEs here

- BBs jamming in Part 117

But as I have shown, Most of the issues are perfectly fixable, just the fact that we have to fix them is ridiculous.

Socom Gear Noveske N4 purchased February 2009, green gas used

Things that have broken:

-bolt stop after 500 rounds

-charging handle after 1000 rounds

-part #59 after 2000 rounds

-floating nozzle (500fps, thin armed brass version)

-magazine leakage and torn gaskets between 200 to 6000 rounds

-trigger and hammer after 6000 rounds

Things replaced/fixed:

-own design hop rubber (just for performance)

-new bolt stop

-steel charging handle

-stainless part #59

-steel 400fps nozzle

-magazine gasket with silicon sealant

-filed down trigger and hammer profile, did not need replacing

Works great now.

M4 v3 GG operated only since day 1

co2 kit modified

TSC steel trigger + hammer + disconnector(sear) - needs a lot of re-work to function properly

TSC CO2 loading nozzle TS-19 with rocket valve - very stable muzzle velocity

Chrom'ish barrel - not much of an improvement

Black hop rubber

Modified real steel CH

Failures:

Stock trigger group wore out at about 3k rounds.

Stock Floating valve (#42) broke at about 2k.

CO2 kit Floating Valve (#42) broke at less than 2k.

Stock loading nozzle valve cover (#41) threads were stripped at about 2 - 3k rounds.

CO2 kit loading nozzle valve cover (#41) threads were stripped at about 2 - 3k rounds.

Leaking mags from day 1 after fixing by replacing the gasket with an oring will still leak after at least 5 re-loads/gas re-fill.

Stock Steel Bolt stop wore out at about 2k rounds.

Replacement Steel Bolt Stop wore out at about 2k rounds, filed straight to make it work again.

BCG wore out at about 1k preventing open bolt at last round, removed worn out portion and welded a piece from a Cobalt Steel Drillbit - open bolt now working.

Upper reciever barrel nut thread sheared off after about 3k due to very tight fitting MK18 RIS II barrel nut.

My mags were a pain initially, but then I bought a few new mags and they have been ok.

But yeah I have seen a friend's new mags all leak over 2K. Mine though has been sweet with zero issues.

A friend one mine who uses his WE every weekend, said that his CO2 nozzles break after a month of use, particularly in hot weather. He has been chewing through his CO2 nozzles quite frequently. Does anyone have the same issue?

A friend one mine who uses his WE every weekend, said that his CO2 nozzles break after a month of use, particularly in hot weather. He has been chewing through his CO2 nozzles quite frequently. Does anyone have the same issue?

Absolutely, and it's even worse when you smash an expensive NPAS. I wonder if the people who don't have issues live in colder climates?

the question is a bit borked tbh. all of our guns will eventually break during normal usage due to the fact that we all have bought a gun for like $400 ($300) where the forces are quite massive in comparison to what materials that are actually used in the different parts.

Yes, my gun broke after like 4 mags, but that was to to me not checking one single item before I started shooting, even if it's general knowledge that certain parts should be aligned/whatched/loctited etc etc. So for me answering yes to this poll just makes it scewed ... imho.

(yes, did not vote ;])

M4 V3 CO2

Problematic out of the box.

First it wouldn't cycle properly and/or it would vent all gas. Some adjustment I made fixed this (probably fixing the white spacer which travelled forward).

Second it constantly double feeds and breaks the BBs. I locktighted every wobbly part, tried 2 nozzles (Wetti and NPAS) and disassembled and checked the hopup with no result (good quality .20 and .30 BBs).

Current use: a very expensive show platform for my expensive after market addons.

M4 V1 CO2 converted used since april / may 2009 after few thousands rounds.

Problems:

1. Charging handle broke after some 1k bb's - on previous set gg

2. Few ocassions shattered bb's with original set for gg and after conversion to CO2. (bb's Madbull 0.3 & 0.4)

3. Like many other guns #59 broke after some time of use. Months probably, it was spoted by during servicing of the gun.

I use around 50/50 gg & co2 mags.

M4A1 Gen3(built from spare parts), used on GG exclusively

Uses real steel, unmodified CH

Steel Nozzle marked after 150 rounds(Bioval 0.27g), replaced by Gen1 nozzle(Brass)

Hop up rubber replaced by the black ones

Uses Stock Buffer

Brass 6.02 barrel installed

Part 59 broken twice, replaced by Renegade Cow's

Has now 4k rounds, besides the brocken parts listed, works perfectly since 3500 rounds

Very accurate at 20 meters, with iron sights: hits 8/10 times on the Begadi 14/14cm targets

M4A1 Gen1, used on GG only(converted as Gen2, then has been sold and still works fine)

CH broken after 200 rounds, replaced by real steel one, without mods

stock hop up way too powerfull, replaced with green one when the Brass 6.02 inner came out

Forward Assist jumped out, replaced by real steel one, without mods

Was pretty accurate, and is still as told to me by its new user

M16A3 GBB, used on GG only

Steel nozzle marked after 100 rounds(Bioval 0.27g), replaced by Brass nozzle

stock inner replaced by chromed 6.03 with black hop up rubber, accuracy not tested yet

CH replaced by real steel one, without mods(stock one is not brocken)

FA replaced by real steel one, without mods

Many external parts have been replaced in order to convert it into a SPR MK12 Mod1. Has now 1k rounds, works still fine

the question is a bit borked tbh. all of our guns will eventually break during normal usage due to the fact that we all have bought a gun for like $400 ($300) where the forces are quite massive in comparison to what materials that are actually used in the different parts....

You think it's too much to ask for the gun to last a bag of BBs without self-destructing? As kids we had all kinds of CO2 BB guns, mostly made of plastic, and none of them ever broke just from being fired.

Apart from the $400 WE, I've got another $400 in leaky CO2 mags and $300 in replacement parts, "upgrades" from WE, and aftermarket internals invested. I think the question is more than valid.

You think it's too much to ask for the gun to last a bag of BBs without self-destructing? As kids we had all kinds of CO2 BB guns, mostly made of plastic, and none of them ever broke just from being fired.

Apart from the $400 WE, I've got another $400 in leaky CO2 mags and $300 in replacement parts, "upgrades" from WE, and aftermarket internals invested. I think the question is more than valid.

You can't go by that alone. You can find similar reports for pretty much any product. Only "upgrade" i had to do was pay 40€ to upgrade my v1 for CO2 usage, sure i paid more for the TSC trigger group ( total waste of money ) and other parts, but i did it because i wanted not because i needed it, since noone of those aftermarket parts i got was bought to replace broken parts.

Although i did have leakages from basically all my GG mags i spent a whooping total of 5€ to fix them all ( i bought spare valves but all leakages where in the back bone of the gas reservoir ), and was lucky enough to get leak free CO2 mags.

Different persons, different experiences and different opinions. For what i understood what Bamsee was trying to say is that WE is an inexpensive platform considering all the alternatives and you should expect some breakages considering the forces being applied ( co2 wink wink ) to the parts, should WE upgrade a few parts to a better material ? Don't think he or anyone else disagrees to that imho

Thing is, even with some problems i encountered along the way, the time and money i spent with my WE is still much much lower than many of my current and past GBB's, and some of them of cost much more than double!

• 2 months later...

Out of the box:

HK 416 boltstop just don´t work.

Co2 Magazines leak.

After silicone most of the magazines stopped leaking, one had damaged... magazine valve-cylinder (the tube with green o-ring).

Bought TSC Bolt Catch Plates with no effect for the bolt stop.

Archived