Airbana Airsoft Map 4.7 Live

Airbana

The latest version of Airbana's Airsoft Map has been released.

Adding sites no longer requires you to know the GPS co-ordinates as it now has Geo-coding abilities.

It integrates with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.

It allows you to find and add Airsoft event dates that will also appear on Twitter and an Airsoft Calendar featuring the National Airsoft Girls.

You can add the Airbana Airsoft map to your own website so people visiting your site can find all that info too with the Embeddable Airsoft Map

Each map entry can generate live weather reports, driving directions and can pull live pricing information from the website

Airbana also allows you to text a retailer / skirmish site name or a postcode to 83010 (e.g text airbana redwolf to 83010) to get all this info sent back to your mobile (costs 25p + one standard network rate text) UK ONLY

Clicking the "Send this info as SMS" link in the map is still free to use as always and if you don't like SMS there is always http://mobile.Airbana.net

If you don't want to pan and zoom around the globe then there is also a handy list view with all the same info available

Airbana covers the whole world but can be filtered to just the UK, Europe, the US and Asia.

Airbana is run by an independent Skirmisher so any site (including *all* Retailer locations) can be added without restrictions of any kind and Airbana will never have ad's that ruin your browsing experience.

If a site is missing please feel free to add it.

If a site is no longer running click the "Flag as inactive" link (with enough unique clicks the site is flagged for archival)

Each site has it's own unique URL both for a Map view and a normal text view.

This website is driven by dedicated members of the community like yourselves so if you notice any information that is out of date please help everyone by ensuring Airbana is the most up to date and most accurate Airsoft map available!

I have one app in the Android Marketplace with another on the way but unfortunately not being a Mac or an IPhone owner makes IPhone dev virtually impossible :(

The next release of the API (full restful JSON / XML / serialised PHP output) may well co-incide with a competition for any fellow Airsoft / developers to win some cash or gear and help pad out Airbana's app presence!

Interesting. I'm working on something similar, but with integrates the sites, events and bookings. It also allows advanced event creation tool, attendance and side management, centralized black and white list, and event filtering. I stick to coordinates because post codes are not that accurate on a global scale. The coordinates can show the entry point of the field, not just the general area and create personal drive directions.

Currently I'm in the process of adding a nice portal for easier access and various briefing templates for visual appeal.

I didn't find facebook integration very usefull. Just made sure it can be integrated into any forum engine with only a few lines. Also added paypal integration, Excel export, ecrypted data field, etc.

By the way, you may want to lock the event editing, because it seems I managed to create a new event and edit an existing without any validity or authority check.

Pendra

During the site addition process and at any time after the site has been added the details can be changed to more accurate GPS co-ordinates if required.

There is no auth on the Event Edit process because the community quickly find and rectify any errors, an event is not locked to be only editable by the person who created it. Airbana is all about being open to everyone.

There is another Airbana project specifically designed for Events management / player booking and as with all Airbana projects will be free to use for everyone. This is due for release by the end of Q1 2010.

ErikBobbo

If there is a specific physical location that people goto for skirmishing then by all means please add it.

There will be an additional side project that will soon be released that is specifically for Airsoft teams including an Airbana Map view, a blog / Gallery platform and more.

Being open is nice and all but problematic. What if I start to insert game events just for fun. Since noone knows who inserted the event noone knows what to expect. I may be a high caliber organizer with experience to handle events. I may be a wannabe organizer who would like to create a game but have little idea about the actuall knowhow. Or I may be a 10 years old, who like to prank and have a big laugh when people show up and realize they were set up. 1-2 events like that and the players will say, "Hey there is a 50-50 chance that the given game is a prank or some *suitcasey* backyard shooting." That player will not rely or trust the site anymore thus stop using it.

That is the reason you have to add quality control and that starts with trustworthy people giving their names to the game events. Not some anonym guy from the "community". We tried to be 100% open plenty of times during the years we used that booking system and always fell back to strict regulation after rapid game quality degradation.

A registration is free, takes like 3 minutes and you have a name behind a claim.

Being open is nice and all but problematic. What if I start to insert game events just for fun. Since noone knows who inserted the event noone knows what to expect. I may be a high caliber organizer with experience to handle events. I may be a wannabe organizer who would like to create a game but have little idea about the actuall knowhow. Or I may be a 10 years old, who like to prank and have a big laugh when people show up and realize they were set up. 1-2 events like that and the players will say, "Hey there is a 50-50 chance that the given game is a prank or some *suitcasey* backyard shooting." That player will not rely or trust the site anymore thus stop using it.

That is the reason you have to add quality control and that starts with trustworthy people giving their names to the game events. Not some anonym guy from the "community". We tried to be 100% open plenty of times during the years we used that booking system and always fell back to strict regulation after rapid game quality degradation.

A registration is free, takes like 3 minutes and you have a name behind a claim.

Logically, what you're saying makes sense, but in practice, it's not really a problem. There's a certain respect that goes around in the open source community that stops that kind of behavior. Of course, it doesn't stop some punk from showing up and adding an event, but let's be honest, who would look at a list of events, and then just show up to one? What actually happens is people look at a list of events, pick one they want to go to, then go to the website where it's being organized. If there weren't a website organizing a game I wanted to go to, then I know not to expect anything from the staff.

Also, Pendra, I'm unfamiliar with your map software. This isn't really the place for it, but could you PM me a link to it? I would like to check it out for comparison, but this is Airbana's thread, and I don't want to derail it by starting a discussion about yours.

EDIT: It's in your signature, never mind. More than likely, the reason I haven't seen it is because it doesn't cover the US.

Archived