Pro-Win WA M4 Magazine Issue

jesTer

Just got my hands on 2 of these. They are nicely made but I have an issue with releasing the mags from my WOC with the VLTOR receiver. I tried the following:

1. Lower receiver only - the mags insert and release fine

2. Lower + Upper receiver without standard BCG - the mags insert and release fine

3. Standard BCG + uncocked - mags won't insert

4. Standard BCG + cocked - mags won't insert

5. Standard BCG + bolt locked back - mags insert and release fine

6. Bolt locked > insert mag > bolt carried forward - mag can't be released

It's the same situation with my G&P negative pressure BCG.

All the videos I have seen on the pro-win mags seem to work perfectly fine on the WOC. I checked the pro-win website and they suggested to sand down the magazine catch (http://www.prowin-technical.com/), but the mag catch works fine on the mags without the BCG.

Now I'm confused what I should try to solve the problem. :unsure:

It's a slight issue with the WOCS, tip the gun upwards 45 degrees and that should solve your problem.

The valve knocker can sit forward when the gun is horizontal and prevent the mags from being inserted.

I don't think it's the valve knocker blocking the mag since he can insert it just fine when there's no BCG (situation n°1 & 2). The mag-catch is indeed playing tricks on you. The Prowin's are designed for a tight fit between the gas lips and the bolt seal, I guess it's a bit too tight in your case since you can't even click the mag into place. Try sanding your magazine catch on your mag (sand gently, try inserting, sand some more, try inserting, etc.). If you sand too much at once, you're going to compromise your seal interface between mag and BCG.

My buddies and I picked up 4 of these mags and we're kinda running into a related issue with the tight fitment where our bolts won't return to battery completely when we cycle it manually, it'll be stuck back maybe half a centimeter or so. On top of that, between the three of our WOCs, on semi the mag will either just vent the gas or cause the woc to fire as if in full auto or will release a burst. That's just when the mags are in their better working condition. Half the time it wont release any gas at all..seating problems too maybe? Well hear the hammer click but nothing will happen. I'm less inclined to sand down the mag catch as I have other brand mags that may be adversely affected if I sand it down. One of my friends is going to try and sand down the section of the mag where the mag catch locks into it to see if that'll solve anything but who knows...I'm really shocked at how much work these mags need just to fire properly...

My buddies and I picked up 4 of these mags and we're kinda running into a related issue with the tight fitment where our bolts won't return to battery completely when we cycle it manually, it'll be stuck back maybe half a centimeter or so. On top of that, between the three of our WOCs, on semi the mag will either just vent the gas or cause the woc to fire as if in full auto or will release a burst. That's just when the mags are in their better working condition. Half the time it wont release any gas at all..seating problems too maybe? Well hear the hammer click but nothing will happen. I'm less inclined to sand down the mag catch as I have other brand mags that may be adversely affected if I sand it down. One of my friends is going to try and sand down the section of the mag where the mag catch locks into it to see if that'll solve anything but who knows...I'm really shocked at how much work these mags need just to fire properly...

Im having this exact same issue on my AGM M4 GBB.

I sanded down the Mag Catch so the Mag will insert but now it vents every shot :( if you find a soloution please post

It's a slight issue with the WOCS, tip the gun upwards 45 degrees and that should solve your problem.

The valve knocker can sit forward when the gun is horizontal and prevent the mags from being inserted.

Is this an issue that an AGM for example could also have ? Because I have the exact same problem with my AGM and AGM mags...

Seems like it's a problem with the G&P BCG + nozzle combo. Racingmaniac (a member) doesn't have the problem with his RA-Tech BCG + Aluminium nozzle. The Pro-Win mags fit tight, but at least they cycle perfectly fine.

Well thats not the case with Blackweell!'s woc, he has the standard G&P BCG + Nozzle and it works great!! even sounds better than mine and i got a RA-Tech BCG + Aluminium nozzle in my woc!!

So thats not the issue methinks

Archived