Tanaka M700 rifle with cartridges

snowman

I just spotted this on Sanken...

Tanaka Works (A New Work) Gas gun M700 Police Cartridge type

http://www.mojji.com/jp/fax/fax4061.htm

I thought Cassipoya was dead, so I'm not quite sure what this is, but it looks like they've not given up on shells after all...

Cheers.

So the shells will only hold the bbs and the mag/gun holds the gas? Only two ways they can do this other than the recalled Cassiopeia: have the shells smaller spec and the extra space in the mag will hold the gas, or the gas is stored in the gun like in a stock or grip.

Maybe a removable gas tank, a la the maruzen shotguns? Could go in the stock or somewhere similar... Looks nice though!

it was marushin that did a shell fed K98, not tanaka

yep.

guys, is it hard to think that they may have just appealed the design to whatever government corner? maybe they got the system approved this time instead of just putting it out there like the casyopea system.

it would be sweet to have an SWS with a self contained shell system.

or, maybe they are just making another mistake.

EDIT: looking at the prices of the shells, they are similar to the price of the shells for the revolvers, so its a good chance to be similar, if not a reincarnation, to the casyopea system.

well, we'll find out in a couple days what exactly this thing is.

but the final question is if we actually want to buy one. the only way i can see it being extremely useful is if you fill the shells with some sort of regulated HPA rig attached to one of those madbull CO2 fill systems.

but, as i said before, the thought of an SWS with a self contained gas shell is very intriguing.

unfortunately, i think if tanaka didn't make sure the japanese government is ok with it, then these could disappear just as fast as the revolvers and i wont have the 600 bucks to buy one before they go. which sucks.

so yeah, we'll see in a few days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

little bit of a necro, but redwolf just got them in. cant tell if the gas is stored in the stock or bolt or if the gas is in the shells.

however, redwolf will probably make a video in a little bit.

also, its a little cheaper than the price on the pricing sheet in the OP. but not much.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...ell_Ejector.htm

Archived