Maruzen Skorpion

Up for sale this time around is my Maruzen vz.61 Skorpion GBB. This is something I never thought I'd want to sell, but I just don't use it and would prefer either some cash or something else for plinking.

The gun itself is in near new working condition, with everything functioning more or less how it did when I first bought it. The magazine however is not in such good shape as it leaks from the gas release valve which has a tendency to stick and bind. I've only tried a few tricks to fix it but without success; it may need to be replaced. The only conceivable reason for the mag's leaking is that it was dropped onto a hard floor. Don't ever let people play with your stuff...

Cosmetically the Skorp is in decent shape. The rear sight early on had fallen off and despite several attempts to repair it I've never been able to come up with a lasting fix. As a result, there is a bit of glue residue on both the detached rear sight and the part of the receiver it would attach to, however if repaired the sight would cover the residue. The other noticeable "defect" is a small grub screw that I have screwed in between the upper and lower receivers to prevent them from separating when using propane. The fix works wonderfully however it does not look all that great upon close inspection. The screw can be removed but the is a bit of marring underneath.

Besides the above the gun looks nearly new, with the only paint/finish wear being on the outer barrel. This only makes it look a little bit too glossy and black compared to the rest of the gun, but from what I can tell it's pretty usual for this to happen.

I was primarily a collector and plinker, so this gun didn't see any skirmishes. I still have the original box, most of the original paperwork, and even some of the original BBs. I am the original owner, and have only fired around 750 rounds total. In addition to the stock grip, I'll throw in a wooden grip I made a while back for free.

March132008021.jpg

I'm asking $110 shipped OBO to the lower 48. I'm willing to ship any place else, but shipping will need to be calculated. I might be willing to trade for a 1911 GBB or real AR15 gear (especially an RIS). Otherwise I'm probably not interested, but you can offer. Thanks for looking!

Surely:

picture006.jpg

picture005.jpg

It looks a little worse in the photos than it does in person (much like the dog hair and dust), but it's still not all that pretty. Nonetheless it has nearly eliminated the receiver separating issue most people seem to have, and is far less ugly than the weird door hinge clip suggested a while back in an Arnies review.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived