Airsoft Vehicles

mattyw

]Airsoft Vehicles

I know that there are many threads on about helicopters and other things in airsoft but this is slightly different.

The reason I am doing this is because at my local site we are holding an event (Carnage In The Woods) and there are plans for using some type of land rover/ pic up truck.

So does anyone have any ideas of having a Vehicle in a game and does anyone have any videos or any pictures. As it seems may airsofters on here love the idea of getting dropped in by helicopter so why not a land rover or something. And there is a space or a top gunner of some short with an m60/m249.

So has anyone done it before?

Matt

Edit: Something looking like this would be great - wmik.bmp

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and five mates ran with a Land Rover Defender for a weekender last august, worked pretty well despite not having mounted weapons (I was generally on top with a handheld MG either way).

The guys who had CIRAS rigs or similar had a bit of a hard time getting out of the car rapidly though...doors, and all that jazz...

normal_Pinky6-1.jpgnormal_Pinky6-4.jpg

We were generally set up as a recon/border patrol element, and didn't have an assault role, but we did run into some contact every now and then.

All in all - extreme amounts of fun, not at all times practical but by far some of the most fun I've had on a weekender :)

I stood on the back of a pickup truck during a game once with my Barrett .50. Didn't really work as as soon the vehicles took fire we had to stop and I was the top target since my weapon was about half as long as the truck :D

Here's a few vids from that op with vehicles in them so you can see what a cluster **** that was...

(skip to about 2:00 for the beginning of the vehicles.)

It's a previous convoy (I was still doing dedicated sniper with my barrett) but later that weekend they had me do a mounted op... not my favorite moment lol. I do love Camp Blanding... can't wait for another big op...

I'm from Canada and am holding an event here called Operation Mason Relic II (Second year)

These are some pics of the vehilces I use.

http://www.counterfeitcombatevents.com/for....php?topic=29.0

And here is another pic that is not the actual vehicle, but it looks very much like this.

http://www.btinternet.com/~ian.a.paterson/...A1HalfTrack.jpg

They add a lot to the experience.

Al

"The rock" had a pickup truck with an m60 stuck on top that was used in games more as a stransport thing tbh, unfortnatly it got burned by some yobbos, but there you go. If I was planning a game that used vechiles etc I'd look into getting some laser tag sensors and sticking them on the vechile then putting the innards of some lastertag guns inside the LAW replicas etc. If you where more technically minded you could probably rig them up to pyros etc for effect.

I've used both a Land Rover Series III FFR and a 90 in airsoft before. To be honest debussing out of a hardtop landy is a PITA - so I prefer to go 'sans doors'. My 90 is currently a work in progress but I am in the progress of putting it back to how it was when it was in the hands of 2 PARA...

P1120843.jpg

If you fancy butchers then pop down to an IED game this summer. ;)

Most games I attend (I admit i only really do 24hour milsim events) use vehicles of some discription or another. If you have money to burn then I suggest one of these...

n549998723_507096_9780.jpg

I ran into what can only be described as a 'pack' of them at a game in 2008 and they certainly had the desired effect. It was just a pity the Dutch guys who ran them destroyed them in the space of about 12 hours.

IMHO - vehicles have to actually add something to the game to make them worthwhile & just having something for the 'cool factor' is a bit pointless.

n549998723_507096_9780.jpg

I ran into what can only be described as a 'pack' of them at a game in 2008 and they certainly had the desired effect. It was just a pity the Dutch guys who ran them destroyed them in the space of about 12 hours.

IMHO - vehicles have to actually add something to the game to make them worthwhile & just having something for the 'cool factor' is a bit pointless.

I dont quote pictures but ^ God I want one, I like the idea of a gun mount on the side. Airosft gun Manufactures make a GPMG please (one that works and does not cost an arm and a leg)

I dont quote pictures but ^ God I want one, I like the idea of a gun mount on the side. Airosft gun Manufactures make a GPMG please (one that works and does not cost an arm and a leg)

I hear you on that one - I need a pair of them for my Landy! Still cheaper than deacs at £2.5k a piece! :huh:

The Dutch team in question had 3 of them & they certainly looked the business.

a2cnewdawnjune2008052qk2.jpg

a2cnewdawnjune2008054av7.jpg

*I don't know who originally posted these pics as I picked them up for an private team forum but if you have any issues then PM me and I'll remove them. Cheers!

Apparently by the evening of the first day one had burnt out its wiring loom and another had lost its drive. They must have cost a pretty penny though!

In reponse we had something almost as fun - but not quite as cool...

n510612875_660845_9442.jpg

I was tempted to buy an "english patient" (aka Land Rover, as we call it here :P), but in the end I got a Toyota pickup, which is serving our team very well... It's more reliable and economic, and just as popular with mil/sf/le teams as the LR... We are in the process of converting it to a guntruck.

hlx04-sm_std.jpg

3458314823_dfa2e3e448_o_std_std.jpg

zedsx-borderwar-100161_std_std.jpg

snow01_std.jpg

snow18b_std.jpg

I like it shows that it livens up the game and nickberry66 the land rovers look ok cut the roof off add some bars an gun turret you will be fine (that reminds me my uncle is an ex land rover driver/ Engineer il ask him if you can do by your self)

good pictures everyone keep them coming

The great thing about Land Rovers is its all bolt-onable no need to cut anything. My 90 currently has no doors, roof or windscreen; just a roll bar and a tailgate. No point fitting the GPMG mounts at the moment as I have nothing to fit into them! The vehicle was originally one of 8 used by the Patfinder Platoon in the mid 1990's when they were part of 5 Airborne Brigade and was built (one of about 25) to be dropped on a 'pallet' out of a C-130 so the brigade had vehicles on the ground during the early stages of an operation.

I sold the Series III (which was more troop transport anyway) pictured above, to fund the project so I could have a) a piece of history b ) something (I think the word is 'pro-active') to blat around the woods in when I go airsofting.

Its big enough without being unwieldy, will turn easily on a forest track and if you get bumped then its easy to respond and you arn't jumping out the doors like lemmings.

Also, in response to Trasher - I've never, ever had a Land Rover break something important and if you watch me drive them then you will know I don't baby them. Perhaps we only send the duff ones abroad? :P

Archived