Chairsoft Magazine Issue 1

DecReg_Jupiter

Hello Everyone, My name is Bryan Giammatteo and I would like to present Chairsoft Magazine to you. A Bi-Monthly USA based internet magazine. Our website will provide little quotes from some of the articles in the magazine with a like to download the whole thing. I know that there seems to be an influx of internet airsoft magazines as of late and this is something that we have worked hard on for the last few months.

We have full media partnerships with:

*Magpul

*Airsoft Innovations

*G&G

*Blackhawk

*Pantac USA

*ESS

*Echo 1

*Classic Army

*Spec Ops Gear

*Jag Precision

*and More

What does this mean?

It means that these companies will be providing us new product to review and field test.

April Issue will be a "Gearing up for National OPs" issue with interviews from Crossfire (of OP Pine Plains in NY), John Lu (of Lions Claw events) as well as gear reviews, discussion of the games, and some great gun reviews (classic army LWRC to name one).

It is my sincere hope that you all find our premier issue as interesting and excited as we did when we were making it.

Chairsoft Magazine

Seems like there's already something similarly named out there...

http://chairsoft-press.com/

"Chairsoft" is a pretty popular term and all, it's not like it's their 'intellectual property' or anything, just seems like a little more research and care would have been made to avoid something like this... Sort of like starting an Airsoft concern and calling it 'Arnies Airsoft Magazine' :P

Hello Everyone, My name is Bryan Giammatteo and I would like to present Chairsoft Magazine to you. A Bi-Monthly USA based internet magazine. Our website will provide little quotes from some of the articles in the magazine with a like to download the whole thing. I know that there seems to be an influx of internet airsoft magazines as of late and this is something that we have worked hard on for the last few months.

Bolding mine.

Anyway, apart from not proof reading the post you mentioned the media links and that the manufacturers will be supplying you with products to review. I'm just wondering if you'll have the ability/resources to provide honest reviews and not big up something so that you can carry on with your relationship.

ESS Cortex clip given a full 5 stars right across the board.

Sorry but that review was enough to stop me reading right there.

In my opinion five star reviews ought to be the preserve of the most amazing and perfect products without exception.

Giving a five star rating like this on the first review item from a sponser strikes me as some what dubious at best.

Its a $30 bit of plastic for goodness sakes! :rolleyes:

Its always good to have another magazine, I mean, can't hurt anyone. Unless someone somehow forgets to feed their man eating pet tiger because they were reading it and it mastered lockpicking and abseiled through the window.. ok, I think we're safe that its just another interesting read.

Totally agree, it's good to have competition, and at least they are upfront with their links to manufacturers. Personally I try to read as many differing reviews as possible if I am spending a chunk of money. But I would always be wary of the possibility for, not corruption (too strong) but an influence on the scores due to a link. Going into a different area of reviews, the Kane and Lynch review on Gamespot.

Its a $30 bit of plastic for goodness sakes! :rolleyes:

i've not read the mag, because tbh i don't read any airsoft stuff, im not bothered by it. but, are you suggesting that because something only costs $30, it is inherintly impossible by any means for it to be 100% perfect at the job it performs ?

i've got a teaspoon next to me, its not visually unpleasant, it didnt make me spill my cheesecake down my shirt, it enabled me to scoop up all the little bits that got stuck to the plate, its lasted ages and its easy to be clean. and it lets me make tea.

but, it only cost 3 quid so surely its rubbish at its job? it must be doing something wrong just because its cheap ?

Uh.. i think he ment the other way around.. 30$ is enormous for a little bit of plastic. Sure, it does its job, but 30$..

hahaha, my bad, apologies. thats what you get for seeing the word 'ESS Cortex' and assuming some goggles are being talked about.

even so, $30 or a poppped eyeball because you were too cheap to fix a problem that is being made aware to the public ? i wouldnt say it was a 'little piece of plastic'. clearly a 'bespoke' item made specifically for a single job at hand to protect the safety of their customers. obviously they're making a profit, thats how the world works, but if i had some of these goggles and had seen this problem happen, i'd get this clip on mask thing.

actually no i wouldnt, i'd just go and buy different goggles.because they look *suitcase*.

Archived