ACM Swordfish Kit at Gunners

aznriptide859

Can you shorten it to fit the Kurz? ;> Because I'm starting to have a brilliantly stupid idea...

Not really, the rail cuts and threading would be in the wrong places. With First Factory Product, you just get the Kurz length rail. Also I had fitment nightmares on the CA Metal bodied MP5 series. Bodies seem wider then TM's

tm-swords-02a.jpg

you can get a full size one to fit a K, you just need a hack saw, drill and a tap to re thread the front hole.

you need to hack about 3 or 4 inches off the front of the rail and cut the rear Masamune Shiro style wings off the tenderizer. then drill and tap a hole in the front of the rail to reattach the tenderizer.

however, you wont be able to lock the bolt handle in the rear position as there is a space difference between the full size one and the K style rail. but if you dremmel out the space, you should be able to.

they ONLY fit marui style A# series as the front site easily comes off. if you can get the gas block off of a CA B+T style body, then it'll go on there.

other fitment issues can be dealt with using a dremmel.

this is something i have been planning on doing once SRC released their GBB MP5ks. but im not sure if i want to buy the rail now, or later when i find out if i can afford the gun.

to get the rail to fit a thicker metal body, you need to unscrew the claws from the mount completely and remove them. then, position the rail on the body and screw in each claw while its in place. otherwise, the claws just wont fit around the mounting lugs. thats all it should take.

unfortunately, i have never had the grace of actually holding one in person, so take my info with a grain of salt. but i have been looking at info on these sword fish kits for a good 3 years and i have mounted those types of mounts on CA style bodies. hell, i have a short, low profile rail on my G&G MP5 right now.

My Swordfish kit was sent from Gunner yesterday, yay!

I´ll be installing it to my G&G MP5A4 with RIS/ RAS frontend. I´ve seen pics of that setup, so the frontend won´t be so mismatced as in the upper pic. Sorry dude, that frontend does not seem to be so in line like the GP or G&G RIS/ RAS frontend is.

Need to get some cool lamp foregrip too.

Cheers

-Hessu-

Archived