Real steel boot camp as described below  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea, or bad?

• Good
    • Bad

Dear airsofters all around the globe,

What do you think about BOOT CAMP with instructors who posses

1. 15+ year of experience in active military/law enforcement units

2. 7+ years of experience in Spec Ops units (trained by Russian Alpha, SAS, FBI HRT and some former Légion étrangère members …)

3. 5+ years of combat engagement experience (Balkan, Middle East, Africa...)

1st summer training course 20 days (eliminatory)

1st winter training course 20 days (eliminatory)

2nd summer training 20 days (spec. training on various elements)

2nd winter training course 20 days (spec. training on various elements)

Facilities are in place, instructors are in place, equipment is in place ….. Everything else depends on YOU!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK? To wake up 5.00 .. full day training ..lay your head at 22.00, expecting alarm during the night to march 60km within 8 hours, under full load, deep in hostile territory ......

As stated in the header, not for kids and previous military experience is very welcome

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds bloody awful.

Why would i want to pay for that? I want to pitch up when and where i want, enjoy myself and go home tired but happy to the wife, kids and a roast dinner.

Still, if thats what floats your boat, go for it.

7 hours of sleep? Sounds far too easy to me, I got 4-5 If I was lucky during my basic.

:P

Seriously though, I think people would be after a lot more information than what's provided by the OP before they could decide whether they'd be interested in something like that.

7 hours of sleep? Sounds far too easy to me, I got 4-5 If I was lucky during my basic.

:P

Seriously though, I think people would be after a lot more information than what's provided by the OP before they could decide whether they'd be interested in something like that.

Where did You read 7 hours of sleep …… from 22.00-5.00 is sleep time..But…without warranties ;)

This is just a basic survey ….I would not like to mention details like HALO/HAHO training in first steps.

Also …this survey has to show are the airsofters just wannabe …or we can find no more than 100 candidates all around the globe for….. You want push me further :D

I'd pay for that... kinda.

If it were 0800-2200, local and I could sleep at home then I'd pay for it. I can't get 40 days off per year though.

Money is not a crucial factor. You can have all the money of the world but if you cannot pass, for example

1. Medical assessment

2. PT quotas

3. Strict discipline procedures

4. Command chain …..

You are out :angry:

40 days of the year …… that was one of the eliminatory factors showing dedication …. ;)

Umm you do know that the army will pay for you to do all this stuff? I'm not paying someone to torture me, if I wanted to pay for "Strict discipline procedures" then I'd go find a lady of disrepute.

I'm an airsofter because I dont want all the horribleness that comes with being in the army (namely the chance of redecorating the back of my helmet with some gray matter, or finally being able to find out what my own insides look like).

A milsim weekend is all I need every now and then is fine by me, and probably a lot of other people.

I pay for some pretty hardcore fitness classes. I'd pay for training also.

But, like everyone else I also have to pay for food, fuel, clothing etc... To do this I have a job (like, I guess almost everyone else), and this job requires me to be present 5 days a week almost 9 hours a day. I can get 20 days off, I can't get 40 days off.

If I wanted a real military experience I'd be in the military. I'd want the training, just not the accommodations.

40 days of the year …… that was one of the eliminatory factors showing dedication …. ;)

So much dedication they'd leave a job/drop hours that is probably paying for their food and somewhere to live so they could pay to do something they're probably not going to enjoy?

I think you need to start living in the real world, that or be locked up in a mental hospital ;)

As said, if someone is happy to do that then they could join the forces and get paid to do it, rather than pay to....

expecting alarm during the night to march 60km within 8 hours, under full load,

Do you realize that most milsimmers are not fit enough to walk 60km even in 48 hours under full load (which is at least 30+ kg).

And how will the participants finish the rest of the training with stress fractures? :D

Do you realize that most milsimmers are not fit enough to walk 60km even in 48 hours under full load (which is at least 30+ kg).

And how will the participants finish the rest of the training with stress fractures? :D

Idea is to make them able to do that ;) …..First barrier is in the mindset …rest is training. Also here we are talking about stress management, physical fitness, self discipline, self control …..

Well, you can simulate all those by buying a Scissor sisters album and still have a job and wife.

To be harsh, who would give up their life and job entirely just to play soldier?

Who would waist so much money on plastic/pot metal toys, 1000d cordura uncomfortable gear sets just to play airsofters. Here we talk about gaining the skills. A lot of them ….. How many of airsofters knows to determine magnetic and true north? And what is the difference. Please not use a google. No one can take what is between your ears :rolleyes: except IED

Who would waist so much money on plastic/pot metal toys, 1000d cordura uncomfortable gear sets just to play airsofters.

People who play because its fun and its a hobby perhaps?

Seriously, I think you need to stop living in your mad world, or stop taking so many drugs and realise that even for a lot of the milsimers its generally nothing more than a hobby for the weekend when they're not at work, which as you appear not to know is something people need to do in order to earn money and live and can't afford to take 40 days off a year to do something like that.

This isn't the military, if people are not fit enough its not life or death, if they can't tell which way north is its not life or death, if the gear is uncomfortable its not like or death, at worse its welt or no welt and maybe feeling a bit sore the next morning at work, you know, that thing people have to do to earn money for most days in the year.

EDIT : The real question here is who would waste so much money on this clearly *fruitcage* *suitcase* training course you are proposing? Obviously not many judging by the posts ;)

While I am up for training to enhance my ability to play the game. I am not up for forgoing my job, girl friend, and dog just to do it.

The same PRACTICAL knowledge can be gathered at smaller training events over the coarse of the year.

And anyone who will give up their life, isn't dedicated. They need to just enlist or be institutionalized. Take your pick.

People who play because its fun and its a hobby perhaps?

Seriously, I think you need to stop living in your mad world, or stop taking so many drugs and realise that even for a lot of the milsimers its generally nothing more than a hobby for the weekend when they're not at work, which as you appear not to know is something people need to do in order to earn money and live and can't afford to take 40 days off a year to do something like that.

This isn't the military, if people are not fit enough its not life or death, if they can't tell which way north is its not life or death, if the gear is uncomfortable its not like or death, at worse its welt or no welt and maybe feeling a bit sore the next morning at work, you know, that thing people have to do to earn money for most days in the year.

EDIT : The real question here is who would waste so much money on this clearly *fruitcage* *suitcase* training course you are proposing? Obviously not many judging by the posts ;)

My dear Rob,

“Stop living in my mad world, stop using drugs.” Is it polite? Or it is an ego touched with a pure truth?

Did I offend you somehow? Or flaming is your mid name?

Please, don’t tell me about earning … because I earned my money on much harder way than you ever will do. Risking my life I was feeding my family. And nearby me were your country fellows. Real great lads of 2RRF. Also, Your peacefull life and job was also our matter. And I dont regred, even when You kicking me like this.

“Who would waste so much money??” Did I EVER mention money on these posts, or expenses of your “hobby” are your obsession.

Yep, skills are matter of life, self control is matter of life, and stress control is matter of life.

Take care

Archived