New 2010 Ares Catalog!

MrBond

I actually got one from the NAAE :P. Most of the stuff is known - M200, PPSh, Stoner LMG, Hecate .338. Some few interesting things, though I'd have to get it out to check it again - I do remember seeing a Patriot M4. They are however releasing replacement parts for all their guns soon.

Interesting find. Thanks.

Questions and thoughts-

How many believe that the M41A Pulse Rifle will actually see the light of day? It may be fairly expensive as well if it is a complete gun.

M82A1 - Springer or gas? If gas it may probably have dismal performance imo.

WA2000 - Nice photos, hopfully it will be here soon. Too much of my cash is tied up in preorder for that thing. :(

Would it be possible that Ares produce an MG-42 of their own? Eventually they will have two WW2 offerings, why not make it 3 with a HMG. They already have two gearboxes that could fit with the M60 and the M249. They would certainly do it justice externally. At this point the AGM MG-42 is a dream dispite being announced over two years ago, so come on Ares. :)

Interesting find. Thanks.

Questions and thoughts-

How many believe that the M41A Pulse Rifle will actually see the light of day? It may be fairly expensive as well if it is a complete gun.

M82A1 - Springer or gas? If gas it may probably have dismal performance imo.

WA2000 - Nice photos, hopfully it will be here soon. Too much of my cash is tied up in preorder for that thing. :(

Would it be possible that Ares produce an MG-42 of their own? Eventually they will have two WW2 offerings, why not make it 3 with a HMG. They already have two gearboxes that could fit with the M60 and the M249. They would certainly do it justice externally. At this point the AGM MG-42 is a dream dispite being announced over two years ago, so come on Ares. :)

its quite possible for the pulse rifle to come out. they do have an analog to design one from and it would probably be bad *albatross* with the nylon fiber plastic parts and metal.

the M82 will probably be both. most of ares's bolties are both spring and gas. however, it is in the spring powered section.

i really like the solid stock M14 EBR. fit an M203 to it and you have a replica from the Resistance videogame series, albeit not wood.

im liking the DMR armalite options.

the new CheyTac is hitting me in all the right spots. too bad il probably never be able to afford it...

lots and lots of interesting parts. anybody else notice the replacement, long tube, G36 carry handle scope? its just the scope itself, not the carry handle, so thats cool.

Just had an insane idea: base the GBB WA2000 internals on modified WA M4 guts (or WE M14, when it's finally out). If the Chinese can squeeze 450 fps from that thing with their engineering skills, what would Ares do?

Just had an insane idea: base the GBB WA2000 internals on modified WA M4 guts (or WE M14, when it's finally out). If the Chinese can squeeze 450 fps from that thing with their engineering skills, what would Ares do?

break...

However, while their internals are appalling (IMO, and in most of the ARES guns I've owned or seen) their externals are amazing, so if its got a standard gearbox fitting, I'd presume straight from a Thompson, then replace it with TM internals and you got amazing finish with TM reliability, and that's made of epic win right there.

Archived