Well AW-338

Well, I really don't want to sell this. I just got this rifle, tuned it, and now I need money so I have to sell it. The rifle has had the o-rings replaced with those of a replacement o-ring package for an Ares AW-338, has had the mag disassembled and reassembled with silicon glue in spots for zero leaking, and has had the hop up replaced with a Madbull 60 degree bucking. After careful cleaning and tuning, I can tag slightly larger than torso sized targets at 90+ yards with washed Madbull .40's. I was actually very impressed with the power and accuracy of this rifle, especially for being a clone. For being a clone, the metal looks fantastic. You can see the barrel was machined and not cast. The stock is rock solid with no wobble in the folding joint. Included with the rifle will the 30mm scope mount along with 1in inserts, and a Versapod style bipod. Scope is not included at this price. I would like to keep the scope if possible.

I would highly suggest not removing the hop up chamber from the inner barrel if ever disassembled unless it absolutely has to be. Because of the design, it takes a lot of time to get the hop up aligned perfectly vertically with the barrel to give long range accuracy.

Asking 325$ plus shipping.

sany0275.jpg

Wonko (the OP) builds good stuff and takes care of what he gets, this thing has probably been gone over witha fine toothed comb in order to identify issues, and then he fixes them, very well. I don't know exactly what he did, but I would expect that he put the effort into this weapon to denote the price increase.

so, you didnt do anything other than change the hop for upgrades? i mean, off the shelf upgrades.

i only ask cause thats quite impressive for a stock barrel.

kinda hope that china brings more of these out when they feel like opening back up.

however, i cant justify buying it from you when im fully capable of doing the same thing.

I see,

like i said, i meant no offense.

coming from you frogfish, i'll take your word for it.

No problem I just thought a third party might be good help.

Username_Here is a local sniper guru in Houston, I've played with him a fair bit and have been quite impressed with how much effort he puts into his stuff, It's always shooting the farthest and the most accurate. I bet he's getting rid of this to help pay off his Asahi WA2000 :)

really, not to be a *rickroll*, but this sold for 170 new? one hop up rubber and mag seal really make it work 325?

Where could you get one new for $170? Sure, you can get it for $170 form Asia, but how much would shipping have been on it? Wouldn't that have been around $80 or something? I know that you could get one new for like $250 with free shipping domestically now, but add say $25 for the o-ring set and bucking and you're at $275 off the bat. It's up to any potential buyer to determine if they believe it's worth that extra bit to have been pre-tuned and painted. Also, if I'm not mistaken, that bipod that he's including looks better than the one that normally comes with the gun.

$250 for the rifle, $12 for the o-ring set, $12 for the bucking, $30 for the bipod, and $80 for the scope.

That's what, 384$ in just prices of stuff with no shipping? The rifle has had everything gone through and polished, including the inside of the bolt parts, the trigger insides, along with the barrel.

For those of you who still think I'm asking to much, ###### off.

whoa.... calm down friend...

I suppose the price is justified since you and frogfish straightened me out....

Does any where sell spare mags for these? I saw some on gunner when they came out, but no more...

i may be interested. better than paying 600 for the star.

also what fps are you getting with green?

whoa.... calm down friend...

I suppose the price is justified since you and frogfish straightened me out....

Does any where sell spare mags for these? I saw some on gunner when they came out, but no more...

i may be interested. better than paying 600 for the star.

also what fps are you getting with green?

Gunner is the only place I have seen with spare mags, although I have never really looked. A mag isn't entirely needed because of how much gas one holds, but picking up an extra Star/Ares BB clip might be a good idea.

Using green gas will mess with hop up and ruin accuracy. Using propane gave me 2.8J's in hot weather. Chrono was I think in the 460's with a .29g

Gunner is the only place I have seen with spare mags, although I have never really looked. A mag isn't entirely needed because of how much gas one holds, but picking up an extra Star/Ares BB clip might be a good idea.

eHobby Asia also "has" them (i.e. they recently went out of stock) http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/well-10rd-gas-m...iper-rifle.html. Also, Airsplat is supposedly going to be getting some in at some point in the future, so there may be alternatives to the ARES one that costs twice as much. I did one time get at least 40 shots from a mag without any noticeable decrease in power (an increase, actually, due to increasing the BB weight) before I just stopped doing the particular testing I was doing, so I don't know how many shots you could take on a single fill of the magazine.

ah, i was wondering if they took the ARES clips. in that case, just look for these:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines/rifle...338-sniper.html

we should probably stop posting in a sales topic so willy nilly though...

I've found that at least in my Well's magazine, the clip doesn't come out very easily, so that ARES clip might not be easy to get in and out with the stock one.

We probably should, but some of this information might be relevant to a buyer. Knowing that spare mags are available or might be available might be useful information.

I've found that at least in my Well's magazine, the clip doesn't come out very easily, so that ARES clip might not be easy to get in and out with the stock one.

My clip require just a little bit of filing here and there for the bolt to slide and feed smoothly and for the clips to come out easily with the button depressed.

Archived