New TM 5-7 Variants

IronWolf

It looks like TM are re-releasing their 5-7 with the same colour variations that they released their Glock 17 with (Guarder must be a bit peeved :P ), only with a flashlight instead of modifications to the gun this time:

fn5-7.jpg

fn57_ph01.jpg

It's Foliage Green, but that's good enough for me anyway.

Nice bit of news, wonder how good the light itself will actually be.

I'm guessing somewhere between OK (Prolight) and dross (Mk23 LAM).... I wouldn't go expecting Surefire/Wolfeyes etc etc OMFGITBURNS lumens by any stretch of the imagination...

And related aside- does anyone know if FN actually make the 5-7 in these colourways, or did TM have some horrid colours of plastic left over from their recent G17 iteration..... Really not a fan of either the babypoop brown or mouldy mintgreen theyve gone with.

These intrigue me, I can only ponder how pathetic of a weapon light Marui can come up with.

Another question that's A bit off the subject at hand, are any retailers (maybe in Asia) starting to stock the guarder kit for this Marui system?

Well the Pro Light they make is a pretty nice bit of kit. Hopefully they've put a cree LED in this one and hopefully they'll release it in black and on its own.

I'd hate to have to buy a 5-7 just to get a light.

Not sure why anyone would go for this unless they are just dying for a tan dual tone...

If you're gonna use a pistol light, just get a real steel one: a little more expensive, but it'll be the last one you'll need to buy.

Admittedly, the Five-Seven is a brilliant piece of kit, if you have hands large enough to hold it properly. I traded it in for my Glock 18C AEP though.

why would you do that? there are any number of real steel lights that would be a better buy!

Because from the amount of use I'd get from a pistol mounted flash light it doesn't make economical sense for me to buy a real steel light when I can buy a replica which is "good enough" plus I like the look of that TM light.

One can buy the Guarder shells from intrudershop.com here: http://www.intrudershop.com/categories.asp...;idproduct=1548

They're like $60 you just have to email them and they have accurate markings. I don't need a light as I usually play in the daytime and none of my holsters would accept a light!! Still kinda looks coool.

Man, every time I see "variants" in the news title, I think of longer/shorter slides, new frames, different controls, that kind of stuff. I should really learn not to get my hopes up like that :(

That said though, it still is nice to see that I can get a green 5-7 without paying extra for a guarder kit, and the light looks pretty slick in my opinion.

Tan is a fad, over done. Get all black. :lol:

Still, there's no arguing tan is hot.

" Forget the ###### body colors, the Guarder one is better anyways. How about a decent slide that will take Propane for us U.S. users or some cheaper mags? "

Slide is definitely fine, it comes with a double layer of polymer (Plastic :mellow:) to ensure structural stability. Plus, doesnt the real one have a polymer slide? Or am I mistaken...

Archived