VFC Barrett M82A1

lionel

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When i spoke to GBtech earlier this year they mentioned the M82 they were working on (assuming this is the same one) it should be blowback and chambered for 8mm

It will be cool if it blowbacks. I hope they did find a way to do it...but according to this, I think it says non-bloback. Maybe a typo.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/index.php?m...from=&go=search

The link said $1800 for the GBtech version, and the VFC looks exactly like the GBtech. Looks like we're just sol. Another unreasonably expensive M82, woot.

The barret seems to be the only .50 cal anyone will make, when is someone going to release an AW50?

I don't care what it costs, I still don't think you'll see many or want to carry it very often. Has anyone here ever hefted one of these monsters? I have and frankly, I can't imagine wanting to do this all day. They're bulky, heavy, and awkward. It's like trying to trundle a lead pipe collection from place to place.

On the plus side, those of us who like to whack snipers will appreciate the way it slows those sneaky buggers down and makes their profile that much harder to disguise.

I'd sooner hope for cheap towed artillery pieces.

(And yes, I know Rusty's has artillery pieces, but they're over $18,000US)

M82A1s are only useful in the .50 caliber for taking out armoured targets at range.

They are NOT sniper rifles. That's not what they are designed for. They are long range anti armour rifles... but they can be used as a sniper rifle, but it's pointless and a waste of time. Why bother shooting someone with a .50 when you can do the same job with a .308 or .338?

Thus the need for one in airsoft is... negligable.

The barret seems to be the only .50 cal anyone will make, when is someone going to release an AW50?

They could make a conversion kit so easily for APS 2 or Type 96 and it would probably cost less than the M82.. You just need a new stock, barrel, receiver and flashhider. I hope someone would make it...

M82A1s are only useful in the .50 caliber for taking out armoured targets at range.

They are NOT sniper rifles. That's not what they are designed for. They are long range anti armour rifles... but they can be used as a sniper rifle, but it's pointless and a waste of time. Why bother shooting someone with a .50 when you can do the same job with a .308 or .338?

well, the 50. cal round goes much further, and its usualy used for long range take-outs, never realy seeen them used for anti-armor, evin if thats what there made for, also, there is a need in airsoft for them, as they look badass :D

Ahhh, well said TMC, my sentiments exactly. Id also like to add that the m82 is probably one of the ugliest guns ever. :D

Ummm, snake, do you have any military experience? I doubt you've seen the m82 in action any more than the rest of us...

They are designed for anti-materiel purposes, but can be used against human targets as well. As Snake Goth said, they have a longer range with more lethality than other rifles.

Airsoft is for appearances. Otherwise, we'd all be running around with crude gearboxes with barrels attached to them. If someone likes the M82, then they can buy it for themselves. There are also collectors out there who would just love to own an airsoft M82. Airsofting isn't limited only to skirmishing

There aren't any armoured targets in America's Army: Special Forces, but the US Army still added it to their game. I guess they like to spread their enemy targets all over the battlefield...

The M82A1 holds the record for the longest recorded personel hit, 2300 some odd yds, done by a Canadian sniper team.

The AW50 was made specifically for disosal of hazaderous / explosive materials at long range. .308 and .338 don't have nearly the range or stopping power of a .50cal.

Actually Cinder, it was .50 Cal McMillan Tactical Anti-Material Sniper Rifle System with a Leupold x16 telescope, here's a picture of the team and the rifle:

gallery_2496_73_73473.jpg

*Note: This image has been changed for tactical reasons, as to prevent identification of any operators

Archived