Magpul MOE Grip Height Issue

aznriptide859

It happens with Systema motors too. They designed to motor plate to closely hug the TM endbell, however removable endbells cause problems. This is why a lot of people claim that they need to have their magpul grip motor adjustment plates all the way backed out.

I sanded down the base plate section where it contacts the motor such that I could use the adjustment plate to push the motor in to the proper height.

had a similar problem after i mounted an MOE on my JG S-System the hight ajuster was so margenaly on that firing auto un-wound it . will try grinding it down to shorten it see if that will help .

i have the same problem on my gun so i added some blue thread lock to the motor height screw

just slightly reduce the diameter of the bearing housing/endbell such that it fits propperly into the threads of the

adjuster screw. using the plate screws is a poor solution and will allow play on the plate and likely loosen/fall out.

use anything it is not alot of work, as above a dremel, or just sand paper, file or even carefully with a craft knife

the end bell plastic is fairly easy to work, and it only takes baouth 0.5mm for it to fit the adjuster how it is meant

to.

edit, this area, reduce so it can slip fully into the threads of the adjuster screw.

post-40305-12707160632581_thumb.jpg

I have a (gen 1) KWA M4 and I had to modify the hell out of my MIAD to get it to work properly.

Had to notch it for the stock plate, and selector switch. And I removed a LOT of material from the motor plate. It now works great but the adjustment screw had to be backed all the way out.

Archived