Mapgul MIAD Grip Issues

Roecar

I've decided to post a new thread regarding the Magpul PTS MIADs about motor height adjustment and issues with proper fitment and engagement. I read the Magpul MOE thread however it isn't quite the same problem (or at least I think it isn't) that I'm having.

My problem is the MIAD grips are leading to 1) Super scratchy and grindy sounds which is definitely a bad thing and 2) Strain as such will wear out pinion and bevel gears faster. I have heard of people shimming or dremel parts off of motors but I'm not entire sure what they mean. Can someone please point me int eh right direction.

are they genuine Magpul or ACM copies? I have to say my ACM copie is very good, but I have also just got an MOE grip so will see what they are like in comparison.

I have heard of people having to put a shim under the grip for other styles to ensure propoer motor alignment and it's less damaging than dremeling parts of motors away too!

are they genuine Magpul or ACM copies? I have to say my ACM copie is very good, but I have also just got an MOE grip so will see what they are like in comparison.

I have heard of people having to put a shim under the grip for other styles to ensure propoer motor alignment and it's less damaging than dremeling parts of motors away too!

The one I have are the official Magpul version. I think the MOE has a similar problem but the fix mostly relies on the base plate as it were. My friend who is a tech tells me something about the MIADs cause the motor to sit at an awkward angle the shreds pretty much everything. I'm fiddling around with mine to see what he means but not sure where to start.

The MOE and the MIAD are the same, save for interchangeable parts. The issues are the same, I believe my grip is a MIAD. I bet your motor heats up quick too? How much adjustment do you have with it? Your range of adjustment should start at least where the grip screw sits flush with the base plate, that is where you should start to feel the tension.

I can only speak for the TM SOPMOD type rifles as that's all I've tried them with, but my MIADs will only work with the upgrade metal base plate installed, the plastic one that comes with the grip stops the motor even turning at all, you get a very quiet and brief sort of click when the trigger is pulled then nothing. All fine and good with the metal base though.

To be honest, I'm pretty shocked to hear about all these problems. Nowhere have I read up to date about problems with MOE/MIAD grips, which is partially why I bought one in the first place, thinking I got a lemon or my gun just doesn't like the grip. Well, you learn something new every day...

What you hear about them is people who claim that they are perfect and don't require any motor elevation adjustment. That's just false information coming from people who don't know any better. The grips were designed to fit around the TM motors, but I've found that many other motors, especially ones that can be disassembled require modification to the plastic baseplate to properly fit. I don't have a metal baseplate to test.

Archived