Magpul PTS – RVG and MVG

orca

Dear All,

We are please to announced that Magpul PTS going to release MOE Vertical Grip (MVG) and Rail Vertical Grip in May 2010. The product information as follow:

MVG

post-532-12723857016202_thumb.jpg post-532-12723857144247_thumb.jpg post-532-12723857255639_thumb.jpg

Designed for use with MOE and ACR™ (Adaptive Combat Rifle) Hand Guards, the MVG is a basic, light weight, cost-effective vertical fore grip that attaches directly to these hand guards without any rail needed. Shape is ergonomically designed for use as a traditional vertical grip. It has also been optimized for use with the "thumb break method" of shooting as taught by Magpul Dynamics.SM.

All mounting hardware included.

RVG

post-532-12723857523877_thumb.jpg post-532-12723857618432_thumb.jpg post-532-12723857724777_thumb.jpg

Designed for use with milspec 1913 Picatinny rail hand guards, the RVG is a basic, light weight, cost-effective vertical fore grip. Shape is ergonomically designed for use as a traditional vertical grip. It has also been optimized for use with the "thumb break method" of shooting as taught by Magpul Dynamics.

Includes a custom fitted universal mounting rail and all mounting hardware.

Regards’

Magpul PTS

I like the fact that they're similar in style to MIADs and MOE pistol grips (texture and shape-wise). Given all the VFGs out there with modular designs that allow you to change the height/length of the VFG, I'm surprised Magpul didn't design that into their own grips. Perhaps they perceive this as the ideal length, and the best compromise between all the requirements asked of it. Who knows. I do like how low profile the attachment methods appear. No annoying latches and screws to get in the way of your grip. That's a nice feature. Orca, any word if they'll be out in other colors? I haven't heard anything on my end.

This thread is not the place for debating the tactical value of various Magpul products. ;)

EDIT: Since some people clearly can't take a hint, I'll spell it out for them: you're not contributing to a thread about a new product by complaining about how you don't like the manufacturer. Instead of whining, do us all a favor and use the back button.

As a side note, don't be surprised when you receive warn points and suspensions for use of the term "*I use homophobic slurs and want to get banned*".

To keep things on topic....

I think that the RVG/MVG have their uses and would be a good purchase for a Magpul enthusiast who wants/needs a new VFG or someone who isn't particular towards Magpul but prefers the ergonomics and versatility of said device. I myself am neither as I am perfectly happy using my shorty KAC VFC ( :D ), however if I were to make an all Magpul build, I would highly consider purchasing the RVG/MVG.

To each his own I suppose.

I dig that MVG, it seems that it seamlessly adds an front point of control to the MOE handguard.

Regards to the RVG, I'll stick with my TangoDown Stubby as also gives me that function to store little item within it. However that price for a vertical foregrip is freaking awesome and will certainly attract quite a few costumers, branded Magpul or not.

Now that I have held one (MVG) in hand and got to fondle one mounted I can honestly say I am shocked at how light they are. They seem so strong and light at the same time. How is that even possible. :blink: I do not like their appearance, and the AFG is still a leap in a better direction, but I can see a lot of diehard VFG users switching to these. They look really big, but feel like a good compromise between a pistol grip and a broom. Really interesting. BTW shipping direct from MAGPUL to Hawaii is just scary fast. Less than 3 days!

As much as I object to not being able to use the derogatory term for a certain brand of parts manufacturer throughout the post, I'll restate, my valid and constructed post in more 'common' terms. I feel that although it is undoubtedly a quality product, as all agpul stuff is, I think the price point is rather high for airsoft considering the availability of cheap clone parts that are perfectly good for airsoft, having owned a variety of fore-grips from Cheap Free Clone ones in springer boxes to RS TD shorty grip, I can say that for all intents and purposes on an airsoft field there is NO difference, I have only ever seen 1 VFG broken and the *albatroth* ran into a tree with it. perhaps in this case it only appeals to the hardcore agpul enthusiast due to the lack of features (adjustability, storage compartment) and high price point.

You know what sucks? KNOWING that this is a good product...and people (a few soldiers) have it...but you cannot order one yet! Anyhow something dawned on me. Owning an AFG I wonder when it is out for us lowly civies if I will even want one. I mean personally the snag free ergonomics of the AFG are hard to beat. Why would I get one of these when teh AFG is available. I know some staunch vertical foregrip guys that will never switch to the AFG, but I doubt any of them will grab this. I am kind of left wondering who it really caters to other than the massive geardo or the SF boy with no wife or kids to hinder his spending. Hmm...

I think you summed up my points entirely, for innovation there's already the AFG, and if you don't like that, there's plenty of better VFG's out there, and if you want cheap, there's plenty cheaper options too so I don't see where it fits other than the hardcore magpul enthusiast who wants one just because it is.

I think you summed up my points entirely, for innovation there's already the AFG, and if you don't like that, there's plenty of better VFG's out there, and if you want cheap, there's plenty cheaper options too so I don't see where it fits other than the hardcore magpul enthusiast who wants one just because it is.

Or maybe they find it more comfortable then competing grips, or maybe they want something to mount on the MOE hand guard, without adding the weight of a rail. Or possibly they like the magpul grip texture. Or maybe they want a new and different look.

HMM LOOKS LIKE PLENTY OF VALID REASONS.

Also when you say there are plenty of better VFG's, that seems very loaded. I mean If your happy with the old KAC one fine, but that doesn't make it better. Nor am I saying that this magpul one is better, simply that grips are a matter of taste, and that whatever a person feels best with is what they should deem "the best".

But then hey, you wanted to just refer to the company in a derogatory way in the first place... So maybe your mind is made up, you have no interest in reasonable discussion, and we should just all ignore you.

Saying that only the "hardcore magpul enthusiast" would buy this implies that this thing is either so ugly or so expensive only a Magpul fan would buy it. But, it's not unappealing in looks, and it's dirt cheap. It's just one more tool put on the market for the consumer to choose from. Just because plenty of other manufacturers make VFGs, doesn't mean Magpul can't make one either. Plus their MVG is optimized to work with the MOE handguards which are quite popular, and using the MVG gives you an almost seamless transition from VFG to handguard. That's pretty damn cool IMO, and shows a lot of insight into ergonomics. Your reasoning is flawed. But you probably didn't want to hear that.

It's always nice to have more options. Even if the option isn't for you. I didn't like VFGs much at all until I tried the CAA stubby. Where as I HATE the TD stubby with QD. I'm sure some people will find they like this more then the other options as well. Not sure why people get so upset when a product isn't 100% new and 4000% revolutionary.

actually, I did miss that point on the MOE USCMCorps and its a good one, I just resisted posting a reply to MCXL's temper tantrum. As I have never used an MOE handguard I just kinda assumed rail + RVG rather than direct link, but my bad haha, and I may despise everything MagPul stands for, but I am certainly not an irrational human being and I am well aware that ALL magpul products are made to a high standard, however in msot cases I see innovation, the UBR for example if I had anything that takes M4 style stocks I assure you I'd be mounting one of those on it. There's nothing I know of quite like the MOE handguard either, but this I still fail to see exactly where it stands apart from the crowd of VFG's already out there other than being a direct, rail-less attachment to an MOE handguard. And for airsoft, the price is still high as its on par with or more expensive than the existing VFG's made by G&P/CA/etc. I dont' get upset, I practically don't care, I mean I'm not gonna buy one, I'm quite happy with Guarder MOD II works for me, but it *is* funny watching them leaping up to exclaim how amazing it is if someone posts a reasonable, thought out post saying they don't think its the best thing since sliced bread, as if such an opinion is treason to god and country. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

afg_8_1-tfb.jpg

I order the Magpul RVG on Friday and it shipped out on Monday for use with my real steal rifle.

It appears to have been made for those who favor employing vertical forgrip thumb break method. I prefer this method of shooting over using the AFG and so do many others. What I am curious in seeing is whether I can fully grip the RVG in a traditional vertical forgrip.

Archived