PGC TM P226 Metal body and trigger issue...

Saam

Currently installing a PGC metal body on my TM P226. I am finding that when I screw the trigger assembly into the metal body that the trigger becomes extremely stiff and won't return on its own. Has anyone experience this issue with the PGC kit? Outside of this small issue everything is installing perfectly. Please, any assistance would be appreciated.

Saam S.

In regards to the trigger assembly no. They are all stock parts. The only thing that is "aftermarket" is the new trigger spring sold by Mag. I just put the orginal spring back in and I still have the same issue. The I did an extremely small amount of filing around where the pin that holds the trigger in place and I saw an improvement but its still stiff. The trigger will now return on its own but you can tell there is still resistance from when pulling the trigger back and when it attempts to return to its orginal position. There isn't any pop back when you release the trigger.

A problem with the trigger action is not normal, with or without gas - using the PGC (or stock pistol) the action should be smooth (at least on my kit). Also, from my experience, this is by far one of the most reliable gas pistols in stock form. I felt the only necessary upgrade is the valve knocker. I would recommend to keep using the stock springs unless they get damaged.

The problem might not be in the trigger assembly. Try removing the spring for part number 45 and let it loose. If the trigger is still rough, it means its something in the trigger. If the action is completely smooth, it might mean the spring for #45 is damaged or the rear part of the frame wasn't assembled correctly. The spring should push part #45, up, nearly parallel with the frame of the gun when the hammer is pulled back.

DSCF0004.jpg

Also, make sure there are no obstructions around part number 44. Typically, the trigger problems I have seen was because the take down lever wasn't modified correctly and #44 would get caught on it, causing the trigger not to freely return. You mentioned that the problem is occurring without the lever, but remove the spring for part number 45 and see if there isn't anything obstructing the movement for part number 44.

DSCF0003.jpg

Finally, do you need considerable force when installing the entire trigger assembly? The fake pins on frame were a bit tough to install. They should be completely flush with the surface and the trigger assembly should drop right in - otherwise, it may possibly be causing the issue (although I personally don't think this is likely).

Sorry there's no quick fix - it's hard to tell exactly what might be wrong without it my hands. Let us know how it works.

• 1 month later...

i have another problem concerning my PGC MBK and trigger mech...

basically i cannot make the gun fire, i put everything together but it acts really strangely.

1) the first "step" of the hammer run seems completely free, having no resistance, even if i install the hammer arm and hammer spring (it makes no tension on the hammer spring), it goes to the half-cocked if i just shake the gun.

2) when i use the decocking lever and gun is not cocked, hammer goes down, like when cocking.

3) when i push the trigger, the hammer come up very weaky, cocked or not. at the end of the trigger pull, i have to push harder, more than normal and with a very noisy click.

4) the gun is never completely decocked, i have to push and keep the trigger, so the hammer is COMPLETELY free, and i can manually put the hammer to the normal position.

i have a guarder hammer spring "installed".

i used this guide http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=102841&hl=P226

and followed its steps, but nothing.

i checked into the forum but the "serch" really sucks...

2upfplx.jpg

jtwja1.jpg

i have another problem concerning my PGC MBK and trigger mech...

basically i cannot make the gun fire, i put everything together but it acts really strangely.

I personally feel there is nothing is broken (yet) - it's clearly not put together correctly. Again, it's hard to diagnose problems like this without having it in my hands.

My guess is your hammer strut is not installed onto the hammer correctly so there's no pressure against the hammer (FYI the hammer spring should be in compression, not tension - there should be zero tension on your hammer spring). Also check that your trigger bar makes proper contact with the sear.

I know it's not much help. Take it to a good airsoft gun-smith and have it professionally assembled if you can before something breaks.

Let us know how it turns out and what might have been the problem. Good luck!

i take the opportunity to post another little issue.

the takedown lever is free to come out of its place of a couple of mm's.

advices?

Factory Sig grip (left side) should have a small hole where the decocking base (part #67) snaps into. If the hole isn't there (or if the base isn't fitting the hole), the whole lever will be loose.

Also double check your decocking spring and base is installed correctly to the frame.

decocklever.jpg

Hope this helps - let us know how it goes.

not the decocking lever, the takedown...

Sorry - I don't know what I was thinking!

I'm not sure if I can help there - I'm using an old style take down lever made by Laser Products. The real and Marui take down lever does need modification to fit into the Pro-Win/PGC frame. Did you make the cuts correctly? It might be possible that too much material was removed so it became loose.

it does not spin, it stays horizontal, or, if needed, vertical, pretty firmly.

the lever is free to come out without need of pulling, just for 2 or so mm's.

i'll post some pics later.

it does not spin, it stays horizontal, or, if needed, vertical, pretty firmly.

the lever is free to come out without need of pulling, just for 2 or so mm's.

i'll post some pics later.

Pictures will help! Don't forget, the stock takedown lever on the Marui frame acts as a safety and is supposed to pop out about 1.5 mm. It does need to be pushed out with slight pressure - it should not fall out.

The safety feature no longer works using my Laser Product take down lever as I have no access to the starboard side of the gun. Regardless, I have a feeling yours might be falling out of place a little too much. I could be wrong though.

Can you also include a clear photo of your take down lever where the modifications were made and the frame with the safety click installed?

Pictures will help! Don't forget, the stock takedown lever on the Marui frame acts as a safety and is supposed to pop out about 1.5 mm. It does need to be pushed out with slight pressure - it should not fall out.

i didn't know this.

it falls out freely.

dscn2312y.jpg

dscn2310i.jpg

dscn2312.jpg

dscn2314s.jpg

dscn2315i.jpg

dscn2316a.jpg

dscn2317w.jpg

dscn2318r.jpg

dscn2319.jpg

i only used sandpaper, not a file, i don't think i removed so much material...maybe not enough?

If you look at the exploded drawing there is a little nose on part #53, that section hooks into the notch on the takedown lever. Seems like that is not happening right now. From what I understand the notch has to be enlarged. Hopefully someone with a similar body kit can snap a picture of their lever showing what has to be changed.

Can you post bigger photos please :) You're frame is still not fully assembled right? It looks like your missing some pieces there.

Check two areas:

1. Your safety click may not be installed correctly. When you turn the take down lever down to the 6 o'clock position, do you hear a click?

2. You may need to modify the take down lever further. Sand paper and file may not be enough - on the stock take down lever, I took a Dremel tool with a grinding disc (at the lowest settings).

One of the reasons you have to make this change is to have the safety feature still work (it's my understanding that all airsoft guns made in Japan require a trigger locking safety and this was Marui's way of making one happen). I very rarely use the safety so I forgot about this feature. You can use a real take down lever to completely disable the safety feature. You don't need this modification if you use a take down lever for genuine Sig's - however, you need to make modification to the safety bar (Part #44), otherwise the trigger will lock up.

I hope this helps - let us know how it turns out!

Photo of my stock Marui take down lever - I probably took off a bit too much:

takedownlever.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived