Comparing some KAC rifles (SR15/SR16)

sigma3

I told myself that I had no interest in buying another AEG AR. But then I went and handled the VFC SR15 for a bit, and now I'm afraid I've caught the bug. So I've been researching it a bit and have some questions.

First of all, any actual internal/performance differences between the VFC models? I'm looking at the SR15 Combat Master, the SR15 16", and the SR16 (14.5" I believe). I think I'd prefer the longer barrels. I don't have a real long gun other than my AK47, but I have enough CQB weapons. For that matter other than the front set, is there any difference between the SR15 and SR16? Both have full auto markings on the received (growl).

Other than that, any comparisons to the King Arms or G&P models? I'm sure the VFC is a bit nicer overall, but I've been pretty happy with the workmanship on my G&P I have now... so what are the differences? Obviously I'd prefer to spend less money but I'd rather get the best I can if the difference is minimal.

Just FYI, I intend to leave whatever I get pretty much stock. Maybe change out the hop-up if needed, maybe put in a 6.03, run it off 7.4 lipos and that's about it.

Who knows? Maybe you'll even manage to convince me in this thread that I don't need one and I can go happily back to not wasting my money on another gun. ;)

I told myself that I had no interest in buying another AEG AR. But then I went and handled the VFC SR15 for a bit, and now I'm afraid I've caught the bug. So I've been researching it a bit and have some questions.

First of all, any actual internal/performance differences between the VFC models? I'm looking at the SR15 Combat Master, the SR15 16", and the SR16 (14.5" I believe). I think I'd prefer the longer barrels. I don't have a real long gun other than my AK47, but I have enough CQB weapons. For that matter other than the front set, is there any difference between the SR15 and SR16? Both have full auto markings on the received (growl).

Other than that, any comparisons to the King Arms or G&P models? I'm sure the VFC is a bit nicer overall, but I've been pretty happy with the workmanship on my G&P I have now... so what are the differences? Obviously I'd prefer to spend less money but I'd rather get the best I can if the difference is minimal.

Just FYI, I intend to leave whatever I get pretty much stock. Maybe change out the hop-up if needed, maybe put in a 6.03, run it off 7.4 lipos and that's about it.

Who knows? Maybe you'll even manage to convince me in this thread that I don't need one and I can go happily back to not wasting my money on another gun. ;)

The G&P isn't REALLY comparable to the King Arms and the VFC. G&P made it for a DMR-esque role.

The URX is different on the SR16 and SR15. The SR16 had the shorter URX and gas block/front sight. The SR15 has a URXII, with an integrated front sight. Internally they're the same.

Same goes for King Arms only they do not have an Sr16 line. In terms of diffences with G&P- the G&P comes with a scope, but does not have ambi controls. The G&P also has a "Marine" stock, which *I TIHNK* does not use a conventional buffer tube.

That's about it. G&P doesn't have ambi controls, VFC and King Arms are pretty much the same externally.

The VFC may have better finish and interals, so really it comes down to what you want to spend money on. I personally like the VFC Combat Master the best, but that may be the Costa-fan in me speaking

Thanks. I'll probably wait and see what pricing ends up being on this new King Arms announcement.

Personally I'm not really a fan of the short barrel look, so I was leaning toward the 16", but then again the short barrel + a can on the end looks pretty outstanding. I doubt there's any real performance gains in that extra few inches of barrel, so it's probably pretty much a cosmetic difference. Unless someone knows otherwise?

On the other hand, it annoys the hell out of me that the VFC includes engravings for semi and auto on the SR15 receiver, so maybe the 14.5" SR16 is a better choice. Gah.

Thanks. I'll probably wait and see what pricing ends up being on this new King Arms announcement.

Personally I'm not really a fan of the short barrel look, so I was leaning toward the 16", but then again the short barrel + a can on the end looks pretty outstanding. I doubt there's any real performance gains in that extra few inches of barrel, so it's probably pretty much a cosmetic difference. Unless someone knows otherwise?

On the other hand, it annoys the hell out of me that the VFC includes engravings for semi and auto on the SR15 receiver, so maybe the 14.5" SR16 is a better choice. Gah.

Why is that? The RS Sr16 has ful auto markings (SR16 indicated full-auto, SR15 indicates civilian version)

Archived