What you think?

Airsofty

There are small groups of people who do tank battles among other RC battle related things. But putting them in an airsoft game will likely end with a crushed tank. The only way you could incorporate them is to have a booth within the playing field that house the tanks for a tank v.s. tank battle like a mini-game. Both teams will go for a mad scramble to the booth which they have to access amidst enemy fire. If they enter the booth successfully, they are immune from infantry fire as they enter "tank mode". Now driving the tank, he's to maneuver the vehicle and accomplish the objective be it to destroy an enemy miniature bunker/bridge/HQ or the enemy tank(s).

edit:

You could further complicate things by having an anti-tank weapon (RPG/LAW with foam rockets) within the normal playing field. If the opponent has taken hold of their tank, you can either try to defeat him by going into tank mode yourself, or use an anti-tank weapon to fire at a small target right above the tank booth. Hitting the target would signify hitting the enemy tank and eliminating the player driving it.

TBH, I think the main use for stuff like this would be as a "prop" in a themed game.

I mean, you could create a situation where you need to send the tank into a building (or whatever) and score a hit on something before the team could move on to the next objective.

That might require a lot of planning with, for example, several people spotting for the tank while the guy controlling it stays in cover.

Can't really see one being much use in a stand-up fight though.

You'd just get behind it, flip it over with your foot and it'd be good-night.

Besides, in fairness, anything like that which gets deployed in a skirmish should really have a "kill switch" of its own so it can be disabled.

These have been out in Japan for awhile. I'd be worried about airsofters trampling on my expensive tank!

If you're talking about CCD cameras on RC tanks, then see Panzer Warrors. See if you can spot me in a few of the pictures :D.

P.S. PM me if U wanna find out more about RC Tanks. We'll conduct that thread separately offline.

I wouldn't class those as "airsoft" at all. I would put them in the same catagory as the cheepy market springers you dont get in the UK anymore.

Saying that, I imadgine they are great for WW2 model colectors to have a "working" tank and gun. They are surprisingly well detailed for the price, or at least the ones I have seen were.

I say no for the following:

1. Have you seen the size of the toy ones? They are tiny, just kick em out the way!

2. How do they get destroyed? even if you "hit" it with an RPG/Grenade - how will it know and stop shooting?

3. Blind FIRE! No thanks sir.

4. linking riches to performance, even more than it already is.

5. Overkill much?

I have played themed games with "tanks":

•  
  • Once I played a "defend the tank" game that really worked and had very big pyro's/rockets after we "lost" (@Longmoor).
  • I have also played in a themed event at ArnieGheddon 05 (@spectre) where a van stood in for an APC, driven by a marshall, when it got hit we had to bail out - worked well.
  • Finally, I have often had a van or some such act as a helicopter/APC to deliever reinforcements to sort out "game flow" issues (@TA Events events and @Longmoor.)

Tanks being remotely controlled and shooting at me... no thanks.

Tanks being driven at me?

IMG_4728_thumb.jpg

No ta!

The only purpose I could see for anything RC would be mount a camera to a nice cheap toy one add some stabilizers and drive it into a building to check out who is where in a room, the enemy team could then immobalize it by simply setting it on its back, perhaps one being allowed per team but ... still over the top by far ..

Archived