how are galaxy mp5ks?

wirelessbrain

I had one of those 'bout a year ago and apart from typical Chinese missattention to detail (hop up rubber made from cheese) it was very good value. version 3 gearbox, 320 fps out of the box, good range, very nice groupings on 60 to 80 feet. after installing mosfet and thus considerably reducing first shot delay, it was a great backup gun. I dumped her just because I was not using it that often (have other backup guns).

a friend of mine bought one a few months ago, inserted an element 125 spring and mosfet and it is now pushing close to 400 fps. he's using it regularly and without any problems.

very nice little SMG, cheap, reliable and mine came shooting 290FPS, perfect for secondary or CQB. Not perfect though, had to change the hop rubber for a Madbull blue I had lying around and element hnub to increase performance and eliminate the tendency to overhop BBs even with hop up off. Now im thinking about installing a Dboys motor I have in the working table, the stock one is... well, *suitcase =S

Mine is the version with the M4 stock, love it!

I've had pretty much the same experience as the others here.

It's a good little gun but it's not without it's faults. The main ones being the stock hop rubber tending to over hop .2's although mine is pretty much perfect when it is turned all the way off and the stock motor not being the best quality. It does it's job of turning over the gearbox but the ROF isn't the highest.

The range is pretty good at about 25-30m with a possible 40m max range but at that range you'll be measuring groupings in feet.

As for the battery I use a 9.6 1500mah stick battery but the gun needs a slight mod to hold the 9.6. Any 8.4 stick under 1500mah will fit without mods.

As for the battery I use a 9.6 1500mah stick battery but the gun needs a slight mod to hold the 9.6. Any 8.4 stick under 1500mah will fit without mods.

how hard is it to make it fit the 9.6 1500mah battery?

so basically for about $50 and 2 hicaps that only feed good on semi and 1 hicap that feeds good on both, and no battery, is this gun worth it? because if i pick this one up it will be used.

It's a good little gun but it's not without it's faults. The main ones being the stock hop rubber tending to over hop .2's although mine is pretty much perfect when it is turned all the way off and the stock motor not being the best quality. It does it's job of turning over the gearbox but the ROF isn't the highest.

The range is pretty good at about 25-30m with a possible 40m max range but at that range you'll be measuring groupings in feet.

I found the mine was shooting perfect with no hop and .25s. I found accuracy and consistency VERY surprising. The first day I skirmished it I got several distant kills, one of them being three hits out of three on an elbow showing from behind a tree at 30-35m.

Beware if the upper receiver plastic. Treat with care.

Beware if the upper receiver plastic. Treat with care.

how so? still awaiting answer to my latest question, though. I'd like to decide on this asap. But thanks for all the answers guys! biggrin.gif

EDIT: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2018 will this work in the gun? if not could you please provide a link to a handguard pin that will?

Because modding the charging handle/upper receiver is a PITA - the plastic isn't meant to take that kind of work. The Galaxy I had had very flimsy plastic - a section of the cocking tube broke in half while modding it for a 9.6v battery. Combined with crappy hopup, very limited internal space, and meh-performance, I really didn't like mine.

if i keep it running on an 8.4, and i possibly upgrade it with a systema bucking and/or scs nub (maybe later a tbb?) will it be ok? I'm kindof a noob on upgrading so....rolleyes.gif (basically dont know what I'd need to do, I'd like to start practicing upgrading so i get better at it)

Also I really need to know if that CA handguard pin will work.

The other half used hers as a primaery for aout two years before she got her PTW.

320 fps, good range a real little nail driver.

However cocking tube is weak and don't put too much faith in the butt cap sling loop!

Other than that a great little AEG for the price...

(maybe later a tbb?)

No. Stick with the stock barrel, it performs admirably.

My thoughts on the Galaxy K: it's brilliant as a no-nonsense, light-weight backup. It even makes a great main gun in a high mobility loadout. Everyone who borrowed mine absolutely loved it, and that's with the stock 300-ish fps output.

The quality is super-cheap though. Bits will fall off. Make sure you have some epoxy in the house. On my first game with mine, in 100% stock condition, the whole front sight piece snapped right off, had to play with it with the front sight zip-tied in place, and epoxy it after I got back home.

The motor is absolute trash. But it works.

As mentioned, the stock hop rubber is poor.

It should fit.

I've never done a side by side with other MP5 pins but the ones in my galaxy look exactly like ICS, TM and G&P MP5 pins.

As for the battery mod it's very easy. There's quite a few vids on youtube showing how it's done.

sorry for the double post, but will the Classic Army handguard pin fit, or do i need to use a ics handguard pin? i do really need to know this. also, when you buy this gun brand new does it come with a speed loader? and i heard a sling too or is that just the m4 stock version? and one more thing does it come with 2 mags (the stockless version im talking about)

Archived