wirelessbrain

19 members have voted

1. 1. can a stock tm handle propane?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Which is better, tm or kwa?

• tm
    • kwa

Most TM's can handle propane; the TM meu would be fine. The two most popular choices I can think of right now that can't are the TM MK23 SOCOM (needs a new valve or something) and the TM F-7 (needs a metal outer barrel). KWA's are great on propane (especially in the winter with the new NS2 system) and come with metal slides. However, they're generally less accurate than a TM pistol, as their hop up system is. . .inadequate.

Bottom line:

If you want accuracy, go TM

If you want metal slides and the NS2 system, go KWA

as steaktipz said most TM pistols can take propane, i run my TM p226 on propane for over a year now and had no problems. TM's Hop up is great and will give you pretty good accuracy. one of the better things about Tm is that there is so much aftermarket support for thier guns and upgrade, replacement parts are not hard to come by. i put a metal kit onto my 226 and it looks and feels so much better, not too good when its cold though. TMs pistols also have very nice trades in its stock ABS form.

IMHO stick with TM, you wont regret it.

-brendan

Its the ns2 system that confuses me. will a tm or a kwa have better gas efficiency, because its ns2 vs. plastic.

Here's the dilly:

Tokyo Marui and KWA pistols will have about the same gas efficiency at room temperature. However:

Tokyo Marui has great gas efficiency overall. However, all GBBs will suffer from the "cool down effect" more in very low temperatures, which can result in less power/shots per mag fill. But because TMs have light ABS slides and extremely precise manufacturing standards, they still work much better than other pistols in the cold. (As TeowneD said, his metal (heavier) P226 slide lowered his pistol's cold temp. efficiency)

Basically what the NS2 system does for KWA's pistols is provide a sort of immunity to the effects of cold temperatures (this is its main selling point, really), and allows you to use heavier metal slides in the cold (along with marginally increasing cycle rate, but it's nothing to get excited about). For example, with my KWA NS2 93r, I could get a whole mag and could almost squeeze out a second out of it this past winter in freezing temperatures. Considering the 93r's 32 round mag capacity that's pretty darn impressive. However, its accuracy has nothing on Tokyo Marui, and as a result, less kills than I would have liked.

One more question, how well will a tm perform in cold weather?

Pretty well. It definitely should be able to fire a full mag and lock back on the last shot. But as mentioned before, some upgrades will actually lower your pistol's low temp. efficiency. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

Most of the newer TM GBB's are fine on green gas, and will certainly be a much more reliable, accurate, and generally better sidearm than your KWA's/KSC's.

Depending what model you're looking at, I wouldn't like to use green gas in some of the older TM GBB's.

I heartily recommend the TM Sig P226. Great HOP, and fine on green gas.

Ben.

I have forgotten how many times i have told this story:

My TM 1911a1, internally identical to the TM MEU, was run as a CQB sidearm and occasionally as primary for well over a year. In its first year it ran in pure stock form and went through over 10000 (ten thousand) rounds. It later got a TB barrel, continuing to get heavy use. after two years or so my cqb site closed so i ended up in woodland, and it barely ever got fired, but it still hit probably 15000(fifteen thousand) rounds before its first problem, the piston head chewed up. now with o-ring type piston head and a guarder nozzle(i broke the origonal by accident...) and over three years old it is still going strong.

26 rounds of this was on duster gas, every other round was on green. So yes, the TM 1911 (a1/meu) can handle green just fine.

If I would recommend anything for the MEU before you run it on propane though, its a shooters design loading nozzle - I've had 3 stock TM loading nozzles crack on me - two in hi-capas, and one in my MEU. You'll get a decent number of rounds out, and lots of people dont have them crack, but thats my experience.

Archived