Magpul PTS ACR/Masada Magazine Compatibility

Hello all,

Just received my PTS ACR today, and figured I'd write up a little ditty on mag fitment.

Trying to kill the last fifteen minutes of the workday today, so I can't provide pics or feed info at the moment.

So, on to the data:

FITMENT

Magpul PTS PMAG Midcap "M-Version"

Fits well with about 2mm of play front-to-back.

King Arms Licensed 360 Round Hicap PMAG

Very difficult to insert while positively engaging the mag-catch. Does not want to engage the mag-catch by itself; you must manually push on the left side of the magazine catch to get it in.

Once in, fits tight as a drum.

For me, this is kind of a bummer; I was hoping this PMAG hicap would be the One STANAG Mag to Rule Them All and was ready to dish out the big bucks for 'em.

King Arms 330 Round Hicap

Engages mag-catch on spot but sloppy fitment and lots of play.

Misc ICS 450 Round Hicap

Fits well, engages mag-catch easily, very little play.

VFC 416 400 Round Hicap

Fits very tight, clicks in easily with equal or less play than the PTS PMAG. Guess I won't be selling them after-all.

Feed data and photos to come! Stay Tuned!

Edited by jaeger0416

Great info thanks :)

Has anyone tried the Magpul green label PMAGS in an ACR yet?

Green labels have some side to side play. The top of the mag seems to sit where it's supposed to, compared to my M4 which causes it to misfeed. I wrapped the mag in electrical tape for better fitment.

I haven't been able to test fire it yet because I'm charging my battery at the moment. I'll update in a bit for feeding results with the green labels.

Update: Battery all charged up. Test fired with fairly new 75rd green label PMAG. Didn't quite put it through its paces, but it feeds flawlessly. I haven't tried the green label PMAG in its stock form, but slightly modified with tape, it works as advertised. Maybe I don't have to buy a new set of $23 M-version PMAGs.

I will be playing a game on Sunday. I will post up an update on how well the green label PMAGs work out.

Edited by WTF?Shane

Green labels have some side to side play. The top of the mag seems to sit where it's supposed to, compared to my M4 which causes it to misfeed. I wrapped the mag in electrical tape for better fitment.

I haven't been able to test fire it yet because I'm charging my battery at the moment. I'll update in a bit for feeding results with the green labels.

Update: Battery all charged up. Test fired with fairly new 75rd green label PMAG. Didn't quite put it through its paces, but it feeds flawlessly. I haven't tried the green label PMAG in its stock form, but slightly modified with tape, it works as advertised. Maybe I don't have to buy a new set of $23 M-version PMAGs.

I will be playing a game on Sunday. I will post up an update on how well the green label PMAGs work out.

Great! Thanks very much for the info.

I'd like to have a full set of proper PMags but it's nice to know for the minute I should be able to manage with my Green Label ones :)

Update on Magpul green label PMAGs by Star. Played a game last night and they performed well. No problems whatsoever on my Masada.

Like I've been saying earlier fitment can be improved with the use of a little electrical tape.

Over all impression: Magpul PTS green label PMAGs are GTG.

Older PMAGs fit, but may sometimes need a bit of a strong slap at the bottom to get the latch to lock on properly.

Releasing the mag proves a fair bit harder than the M-Version though because of this, and you might spend a little more time changing mags in the heat of the action.

Edited by Ycare

First Skirmish Report:

VFC 416 mags did not feed as well as I'd hoped.

Stuck to my 360rd King Arms Hi-Cap PMAGS and had decent results, but they struggled to feed at times; I don't think you get as much per wind with these as you would with other hicaps.

Aside from that, had good results with my friend's 330round JG normal-pattern STANAG hicaps.

Edited by jaeger0416
  • 1 month later...

I realise this is a fairly old thread but I'd like to add my findings for those trying to decide on mags.

I recently returned from a full days play using a couple of King Arms 360rd Mags with my Masada, apart from the aformentioned issue with the mags not engaging the latch easily they fed faultlessly and I didn't have any issues throughout the day. I will most likely be modifying my mags to fit a little easier.

I also tried out an ICS 470rd mag, fits fairly snugly as previously mentioned and isn't a whole lot bigger than the King Arms mags; also had no feeding issues using that for a few hundred rounds. The winder on the ICS is a little easier to access compared to the King Arms but isn't a dealbreaker. I personally didn't think the King Arms mags gave fewer BB's per wind than many other mags I've used but without testing I couldn't be certain.

Edited by Synapse
  • 4 weeks later...