On-line petition - MSAR AUG or A3

Zombie00

So, I thought about doing this with the Famas (my favourite rifle in the whole world and beyond), but after thinking about it for a while, and with a hand over my heart, I faced the awful truth; The gun is just unpopular and no company will be willing to invest on making a new gun that won't sell that much. So, I needed to redefined my quest for a good-looking and with sales-potential rifle that wasn't yet another variation of the AK or the M4, and so the answer came to me: The AUG! Either a proper A3 or even the MSAR variation compatible with stanag mags.

So, basically, the objective here is to develop a good base idea and, once that's set, collect as many signs as possible to show the companies that there is a market to be exploited behind the gun, that it's a good business :D.

Now, I would love to get Real Sword to make the gun, but that's less than likely. I reckon that the only companies that would access to do such a thing is G&G, they already make a V3 Gearbox, an Aug Hop unit (I believe that's what they put in their M14s) and they make fine plastic parts with nice termination that have proved to be very resistance.

I'll leave some pictures of the candidates I have thought about so far, feel free to add more, the whole idea of the thread is to discuss it as a community:

Here is a gallery of the A3:

web_1.jpgSteyrAUGA3006.jpguser709_pic129_1276652799.jpg1_16.jpgweb.jpg

And one of the MSAR E4:

250-3r-rh-16-MSAR-Ratworx-e4-w-16-in-barrel-od-green.jpgMSARE4.jpgstge4_7_62x39.jpgDSC00850.jpguser709_pic129_1276652799.jpg

A few pros&cons about each:

A3:

-Sexy looking gun

-No proper version available ATM

-Long rail for tactical misc things we all love.

MSAR E4:

-Takes M4 Mag

-More rails than a standard AUG A2

-Sexy looking stock/body with some sort of rough texture all over the thing, looks just lovely.

Well, let's discuss this a little bit and once we get a solid idea of what we want, we'll start collecting signs.

MSAR, duh. :D

Yeah, I'm leaning for the MSAR too. Aug+Emag is just so damn sexy.

Another strong point of the MSAR is the chances of getting real steel marking; this is mostly a supposition, but it should be easier and cheaper to get permissions from a small company like MSAR, kind of what CA did with B&T (again, I'm guessing, no real idea of how this license things work or whatsoever).

Something that either should be included with the gun or sold apart as an accessory is the rail interface below the barrel (the one that replaces the stock folding grip)

Kind of like this:

http://b.imagehost.org/0081/HPIM0449.jpg

(couldn't get a better picture: this one has a VFG and that KA hand-stop thing)

Oh, and I rather have G&G doing the gun because their plastic is better than CA, probably one of the best in the industry. Again, RS would be nice too, but I don't see that happening. Besides, it would be nice chance to fix some of the small issues the current Airsoft Aug have, if CA makes it they would just release the same gun but with some small external differences, probably using the same receiver mold and materials.

Another Gen 1 G&G product...just look at the issues with the G2010, and all those before it (l85, m14, ump ect.).... no thanks. Beisdes G&G's polymers are not the best on the market that award would go to ARES and Real Sword, to bad ARES can't make internals as I don't see Real Sword making something not issued by China.

I'd lean towards CA as well, but this is something that could be resolved with an aftermarket parts kit as well, especially in the case of the a3, so why not petition someone like Guarder or G&P to make it for a TM or CA aug? Heck with a ~200 price tag I could see a whole MSAR conversion kit for an AUG already in production.

Either way I'm behind a newer AUG variant, especially a STANAG capable one.

On a personal note my "dream gun" is the Crye MRC, even though it never existed, but the AUGa3 is about as close as I can get aesthetically in a production weapon, which is kinda sad as they look almost nothing alike. If only I could find someone with the skills to make an MRC for me....

Another Gen 1 G&G product...just look at the issues with the G2010, and all those before it (l85, m14, ump ect.).... no thanks. Beisdes G&G's polymers are not the best on the market that award would go to ARES and Real Sword, to bad ARES can't make internals as I don't see Real Sword making something not issued by China.

I'd lean towards CA as well, but this is something that could be resolved with an aftermarket parts kit as well, especially in the case of the a3, so why not petition someone like Guarder or G&P to make it for a TM or CA aug? Heck with a ~200 price tag I could see a whole MSAR conversion kit for an AUG already in production.

Either way I'm behind a newer AUG variant, especially a STANAG capable one.

On a personal note my "dream gun" is the Crye MRC, even though it never existed, but the AUGa3 is about as close as I can get aesthetically in a production weapon, which is kinda sad as they look almost nothing alike. If only I could find someone with the skills to make an MRC for me....

I'm not sure which one I would pick between G&G and Ares, but I don't like Ares that much, they seem to have too many QC issues and random problems of the like. G&G on the hand, makes a great GB V3 and so it's the hop-up unit they use in their M14 (again, not sure, but I believe it's just an AUG); they would just need to adjust the few differences between a standard V3 and the Aug Gearbox, or maybe even use the F2000 V6, which seems to be somewhat problems free (except for not accepting Stanag mag, I believe they are working on that).

And Real Sword is working on an M4 (both in electric and GBB version), still, I doubt they would get into making an AUG.

Wait, are you doing this as a personal project or an actual production run? Because getting a RS company's licensing is hard...and expensive.

The idea here is to get the product specifications (model, internals, features, etc) from a communal consensus and then collect as many signs as possible to see if we can get a company to make the gun; I know it would be something hard to achieve, but it should be possible given enough signs and viable and profitable product and, if it's not, It would still be something interesting to talk about.

And regarding the license, I'm sure it must be very expensive and complicated, but getting the license from a small company based in USA like MSAR should way easier than getting it from Steyr; That is all I was saying, sort of what CA did with B&T (instead of paying for H&K license).

So if I am reading the situation correctly the aim of this thread is to bring up ideas for new weapons that are as far removed from anything made currently (especially AK/AR) but that an actual airsoft company might produce, yes?

Well, yeah, you explain it much better than I did, and in simpler words too xD.

Maybe the title is a bit confusing; I just put the Aug as an example, it's one of the best candidate I could come up with: because people reconnaissance it somewhat easily and it also seems to have a considerably-sized fan base. There are potential buyers for a gun like this, specially if it takes Stanag Mags like some of the Msar models do.

Like I already said, I would love to see a new Famas G2 with upgradable internals and a modern hop-up unit, but I don't think a gun like that would sell much. Another rifle I'm fan of is the Kel-Tec RFB, but few airsofters know about the gun, it's just not popular enough to become a potential profitable product.

Kel-Tec RFB

Impossible if you're thinking about an AEG. Well, possible, but limited to an MP7 gearbox at best.

Now that I think about it, what would truly be the best for a new A3/MSAR AUG to come out is if TM made it (if they listen in the first place) and put in their recoil engine plus functioning bolt stop.

I'm not sure which one I would pick between G&G and Ares, but I don't like Ares that much, they seem to have too many QC issues and random problems of the like. G&G on the hand, makes a great GB V3 and so it's the hop-up unit they use in their M14 (again, not sure, but I believe it's just an AUG); they would just need to adjust the few differences between a standard V3 and the Aug Gearbox, or maybe even use the F2000 V6, which seems to be somewhat problems free (except for not accepting Stanag mag, I believe they are working on that).

Like I said ARES has good externals and ###### internals. G&G seems to have an issue with making new weapons, if it's not a direct clone of a TM the first gen is riddled with issues. On the F2000, I don't know what reviews you've been reading but I've seen and heard everything fromt eh gearbox dosen't seat correctly, trigger contacts frying in the first few hundred rounds, and obviously the issue with mid and low caps.

And Real Sword is working on an M4 (both in electric and GBB version), still, I doubt they would get into making an AUG.

Agreed, I remember the M4 now. After torturing my type 97b I think RS is my primary manufacturer after Asahi.

Now that I think about it, what would truly be the best for a new A3/MSAR AUG to come out is if TM made it (if they listen in the first place) and put in their recoil engine plus functioning bolt stop.

*Drool* yes, yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes....

I have a solid hunch that we could see an AUG from ICS. I love ICS, but I love their MP5s and M4s because of the features they pack. I don't know how these features could be adequately translated to an AUG of any sort. That said, I have no solid evidence that this would (or could) happen. But, I see ICS has a lot of innovation and their M4 line and new MP5 line are both pretty much at their peak. My point is, with their main-selling models at their apex, it leaves them room for other, off-beat weapons like the L85 and SIG series. It just seems that they like producing guns that have a market, but are somewhat hard to come by from other manufactures.

Haven't post here in a while, I was was waiting to making a poll until more suggestions came up.

Try getting in contact with Jing Gong: not only do they alreay make 3 AUGs, but they like to make infinte versions of their guns. Good luck!

I'm not sure how that would work out. Although they do make an A3, it's far from being true to RS version, besides, I'm not a fan of their plastic and the over-all finish of their products. Whats more, they don't even have a website of their own, so contacting them would be quite hard.

I am interested neither in MSAR nor in common AUG A3, but I really need either true AUG A2 or AUG A3 SF. And of course I need long 42rd-style AUG midcaps.

Uhhh, I love the A3SF too. I think it should be viable to get it similarly priced to the G2010; Or maybe even have two versions: a regular A3 and a SF version (sort of what G&G did with the hunter F2000) . And yes, a 42rounds mid would be awesome.

Archived