King Arms - M1A1 Thompson

P.S.I.

I thought someone might find this interesting...

King Arms is producing a Thompson M1A1 for Cybergun.

I don't have a link, but we should see them hit the market VERY soon.

Metal upper receiver & outer barrel, plastic lower and simulated wood furniture.

Laser engraved trademarks.

KA 110 mid-cap.

Metal gearbox, steel gears, metal bushings (IDK what size), ~ 390FPs w/.20

I thought someone might find this interesting...

King Arms is producing a Thompson M1A1 for Cybergun.

I don't have a link, but we should see them hit the market VERY soon.

Metal upper receiver & outer barrel, plastic lower and simulated wood furniture.

Laser engraved trademarks.

KA 110 mid-cap.

Metal gearbox, steel gears, metal bushings (IDK what size), ~ 390FPs w/.20

Next time you post news. Please logically title your post. In this case something like "King Arms - M1A1 Thompson Licensed by Cybergun". Generic titles like "New King Arms Gun" really won't help anyone in the future when searching.

Here's the Cybergun announcement on it to whoever cares for it:

http://www.cybergun.com/fr/pub/pub-1/

Next time you post news. Please logically title your post. In this case something like "King Arms - M1A1 Thompson Licensed by Cybergun". Generic titles like "New King Arms Gun" really won't help anyone in the future when searching.

Here's the Cybergun announcement on it to whoever cares for it:

http://www.cybergun.com/fr/pub/pub-1/

Roger that. Feel free to change the title if you'd like.

Also, thanks for the link.

This seems utterly pointless. CYMA/Cybergun already makes an excellent clone of the TM which can be had for a very competitive price. From the pictures, this is a TM clone aswell. They still don't have the correct receiver for the 1928, and are still using a plastic lower.

Grr! I was really hoping for an affordable metal lower.

There's already some ACM Thompson with cocking handle on the side, as opposed to the TM's top-mounted handle. Selector levers aren't much of a problem.

There aren't any airsoft thompsons with the cocking handle in the right place or the right profiling on the receiver. The companies are more content to stick finned barrels and verticle grips on M1A1's and call it a 1928.

Nowhere i read plastic lower.. where did this information come from?

From the gun that I had in my hands. I was disappointed to see the lower is plastic, I was hoping someone was FINALLY making a true full metal Thompson, but alas they are not. <_<

I shouldn't be surprised though, CG is notorious for claiming guns are "full metal" when they are not.

I also chrono'ed it so that's where I got the 390FPS vs. the advertised 400FPS (not that it's a huge difference).

There aren't any airsoft thompsons with the cocking handle in the right place or the right profiling on the receiver. The companies are more content to stick finned barrels and verticle grips on M1A1's and call it a 1928.

A period correct 1928 would make a lot more than yet another m1a1. Preferably full metal, REAL full metal that is, not cybuguns half hearted lies.

Even I might get one, to add to my 4 guns that would fit with the 1930s gangster look :P.

From the gun that I had in my hands. I was disappointed to see the lower is plastic, I was hoping someone was FINALLY making a true full metal Thompson, but alas they are not. <_<

I shouldn't be surprised though, CG is notorious for claiming guns are "full metal" when they are not.

What are you talking about? They ARE FULL METAL.

Full-metal barrels, Full-metal triggers, Full-metal flash suppressor, Full-metal...mag release?

/sarcasm

CyberGun always BS their way out like that.

• 4 weeks later...

I doubt it, I can already imagine a solution for a custom one in seconds, lazyness probably.

Easier to use an existing M1 receiver than modify it to be an M1928 receiver. All it would require is to have the bolt cover on a vertically bent plate instead of a horizontal one... they could of even begged Mosquito moulds for their design?

The cut-in profile on the sides of the upper receiver is also wrong, 1928's were slab sided. The stock is also an M1A1 one.

KA, why must you fail the same way CYMA did? Actually, scratch that, fail as much as you like my custom one is in the works.

Archived