A ZB-26 replica

Mike_West

http://www.airsoftnews.fr/2010/10/30/photos-dune-replique-du-zb-26-tcheque/

'ere. My guess is it's Chinese, for three reasons: nobody wants to show it off, not even mentioning the company name, no detailed look at the guts and if you may remember, some guys from one of the Chinese companies visited a WW2 museum in UK this (or previous) summer.

Why on earth are they building some obscure Czech LMG when they could just be making a Bren? What a waste of time!

Because the ZB27 had much wider use in the World outside of the Commonwealth - and was standard in Chinese and Japanese forces. :)

I wonder if this is the new gun Max from HP mentioned....

Max from HP who?

Hexagon Productions - Maker of the PPSH, was discussing MP40 mag converters with him and he mentioned had a new gun in development before he could produce the mag converter, which will be made before stick mags :)

Uh, the Bren is just a redesigned ZB-26 with improvements, like the Vickers machine gun is a Maxim redesigned.

This looks to be the 7.92/8mm variant, hence the straight mags. These variants were shipped to China, so it makes sense for that version to come out, since there must be a surviving example still around there.

I see this being a limited "VFC BAR" kind of run, sadly.

I've always loved the design, ever since I first watched one fire long ago.

KTW kit (apart from their Ithaca shotties) is always expensive, and not very skirmishable to boot.

Oh yeah, and for those that are now looking through the www.wwiiguns.com website, I only have one thing to say: Don't even think about it, the guy is a well known rip-off merchant.

As to the Zb 26, i'll be rather tempted to splash the cash on one....

I have to say I would be very tempted. I hope it doesn't turn out to be hideously expensive or impossible to find; or both...

I hope no one has ideas of turning this into a Bren. It wouldn't be worth the effort and would ruin a perfectly good ZB, making it harder for those who actually want a ZB26.

Archived