Army EBB M4

Gaffa

Did Army finally do it? No, it's not just another armalite.

Okay, so their R85 has some problems. But it was well regarded as being built strong, made of good quality steel parts etc.

Almost 2 years ago now, in one of Army's catalogues there were images of an Electric Recoil M4... It's finally been released, but more importantly, it looks to be a clone of the Marui SOPMOD.

Further details... This is advertised on Gunner airsoft.

ARMY M4 EBB

Electric blow back

full metal

one piece barrel

come with battery and charge

come with one hicap magazine

about 360 fps / 1.2J

it takes TM new gen hi cap or low cap magazines.

Now that's an interesting point (the last one). Either that means it's got a bolt-lock, a new hop unit or just using the same magazines... But if it's shooting at 360 and uses the exact same recoil system, I could be tempted to say that this could be a fantastic alternative...

Price is $163USD + Shipping.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tantalizing, and with all these parts from "blackbox" coming out for marui's recoil line its definitely interesting to probably be able to get a much cheaper base gun.

honestly thinking about it over my G3 project.

just one thing, i'd want PMags though...

but wait, how is the reliability of marui's blowback mech? is it important to have whatever materials the marui is made from? cause this is undoubtedly made of lower quality materials. anyway, off to learn some bits about the marui sopmod.

Given how sensitive the timing of the whole system inside the TM is, and how plenty of people have had their SOPMODs go wrong when they've tried to put in after-market internals, I'm not quite over-flowing with faith that this is going to be very reliable, or indeed easy to fix. However, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it'll be good, because if it is, and it's available in decent quantities, then loads of these flooding in to the market could finally bring the new V2 system in to a far more mainstream position. Which would of course result in far more companies paying attention to these guns and making after-market parts, I think there's a lot of potential for some interesting products to be made for these things, outside the obvious stuff, like a selection of outer barrels, receiver sets, more internal upgrades, general spares for when things break etc.

well, i guess the fact it makes it main stream is good. Spare parts ish to a degree.

I have to ask my self this question if i had a tm sopmod, would i really want anything on it that wasnt tm, would i want non tm mags etc the answer for me is no...

For me its never been a bad thing theres only TM, since i only every buy TM any way, it makes no odds to me, ill still be buying tm mags 8 at a time, and the new recce at £550 quid.

$163 is cheap! People buying this gun will be, simply becuase its the same price as a few tm mags.. once again thats cheap..

What this does mean is that we get less people struggling to afford the sopmod then running around every forum complaining about the mag prices and who cant afford a decent battery for it.... making the whole thing pointless, and in the end selling and bad mouthing the sopmod in the long term. Simply becuase it wasnt the gun for them.

For me this separates the genuine sopmod owners from the ones who shouldnt own one in the first place.

- Its important marui see growing sales on this platform so they make the m14 with recoil and acr with recoil. Im in two minds if this will hurt this goal or help this goal. The more money TM gets the faster new recoil guns happen. Its worth baring in mind!

heres a picture of the army one, interesting.. no ris? its no just me right but the stock is pointing down slightly right ? soundnt it be more level?

aeg-army-r43-01a.jpg

Is the TM recoil system really worth it?

Depends what you want out of your guns. If you want the maximum amount of external customisation, no recoil and easier changing of FPS, RoF and all that internal stuff buy a standard old V2 gun and play it 'safe'. If you want blowback (and therefore better sound), a bit of recoil, an awesome hop unit, bolt lock and a better designed gearbox that's a million times easier to reassemble then get the new system. The FPS issue is only an actual issue if you're playing at US type limits I'd say, the limit at my field is 350 and both my SOCOMs are basically bone stock and have no trouble. My 10.5" with a 6.03 holds its' own no worries; I'll be fitting the 14.5" with a TBB very soon as well and I'm anticipating some great results out of that.

What this does mean is that we get less people struggling to afford the sopmod then running around every forum complaining about the mag prices and who cant afford a decent battery for it.... making the whole thing pointless, and in the end selling and bad mouthing the sopmod in the long term. Simply becuase it wasnt the gun for them.

For me this separates the genuine sopmod owners from the ones who shouldnt own one in the first place.

Spoken like a true PTW SOPMOD owner ;)

Seriously though, Rich, does this mean you won't work on the clone SOPMOD?

Spoken like a true PTW SOPMOD owner ;)

QFT

You see what I have a habit of doing is putting those beautiful TM internals into a Clone body as usually the clone bodies are at least on AEG's BETTER than the original TM parts, but you just can't match TM parts for sheer awesomeness, Like my M14 EBR, Kart body, TM gearbox/hop, my old AKM, Kalash Externals with a little bit of modding TM gearbox/hop etc etc.

I tire of paying 4x the price for externals that I can get trade-less and put my trusty rotary tool to good use re-engraving with authentic trades, to me, TM are the best internals money can buy tho, so they'll fit in nicely :D

As already said, this will take the recoil M4s to mainstream, therefore more spare parts and accesories will be produced at affordable prices so this is great news for everyone TM owners,or clone lovers, everyone have their gun, I wish these start a new revolution so the new V2 GB becomes as popular as the old V2

I have a TM SOCOM and will get this SOPMOD as a learning experience, spare parts and maybe a base for any weapon my insane mind can develop :)

ill work on it, as i do all guns, and any parts i make will fit im sure. but alas ive been shafted too many times with clones and in life with the cheaper option, i simply dont compromise any more. Whether im building a computer or gun or buying a tv, what ever..theres alwyas a cheaper option and i always regret compromising and in the long run spend more, so now i dont. If i cant aford it i save for the rest theres mastercard...

Tm wont reduce there price's.. They did a while back to shift excess stock levels of normal guns, that was the only time i know of. At the end of the day they have done the development they need to see a return on there investment. Which is why its good to suport them as we all appriciate when they make new guns.

I have 3 TM SRE (2cqb and a sopmod) and I'm happy to see this clone that could bring this technology mainstream.

Probably I will not buy it, but if this clone wil succeed to open a new market of parts and accessories, this will be a good news both for TM owners than for clone owners!

Last but not least, I don't think that marui will loose customer with this clone; I believe that clone buyer will be people that otherwise would not have never bought TM one but for this price they could buy an EBB aeg.

Whatever aftermarket parts that do come out because of this clone, I would definitely not use in my CQBR. So its not good news for Sopmod users, because whatever does come out because of this clone, ex. eternals and internals will still be of cheaper quality than whats already in the marui. and if you're thinking of putting aftermarket parts that were designed for the marui into the army,(magic box, laylax, etc) in the end would cost more than half the marui, so why not stretch the extra amount and get a genuine, quality gun from the guys the made airsoft what it is today =)

Archived