SRC MP40...

Docv400

Just finished modifying a friend's SRC MP40 so it takes the AGM mid-caps (only mag option at the moment is the hi-cap it comes with).

I had to make a sleeve to fit over the hop unit feed tube, so it matches the opening on the AGM mags.

Then all that needed doing was to remove the AGM mag internals, and refit them back-to-front, so the feed is at the front.

I'll also be sticking a thin plastic sheet in the magwell, as the AGM mags are a bit loose, but they work OK without it.

The sleeved feed tube...

SRCMP40HopMod1.jpg

Modding the mags...

SRCMP40HopMod3.jpg

The internals are easily removed simply by poking a blunt rod through the hole in the base, and pushing.

Don't pull on the top piece, as it will come off, and the spring for the BB latch is likely to make a break for freedom.

SRCMP40HopMod4.jpg

Comparison of the AGM original with the modded one...

SRCMP40HopMod2.jpg

As mentioned, the shimming of the mag-well isn't entirely necessary to use the AGM mid-caps, but the sleeve on the hop feed-tube will stop the SRC Hi-caps fitting.

The opening in the SRC mag is smaller than the AGM's, hence the need for the sleeve.

It might be possible to enlarge the opening on the Hi-Caps.

I've not looked into that possibility as the owner only uses it for WWII games, Mid-Cap only rules, with a total ammo limit of 300.

Edit; Another mag-related mod I've done is to add a couple of washers to the mag release mechanism, to restrict it's travel.

As standard, it can lift clear of the body and rotate, then when you release the button the latch just rests on the outside of the body, and the mag is free to fall out again.

If you remove the screw from the button, then lift the button and spring out, you'll be left with the latch-arm itself.

You'll need some washers that fit over the stub of the latch-arm. I used two, with a total thickness of around 3.5mm.

Put the latch-arm in place, then put the washers over the stub inside the body, then replace the spring and button (the button has a tube on the inside that slides over the stub of the latch-arm), the washers stop the button moving so far.

Now the latch arm stays in it's slot, so it can't rotate.

Archived