Finnaly working Specter DR 1x-4x

Mr.Schnabel

I just saw this at the Shooter Gear store in gun street today. The HKD price was 1950, so it's almost the same as USD250. The store listed the brand as 'BF', which I think is the Building Fire brand that I've been seeing over the last few months in several stores such as UNCo. Didn't managed to pick one up to take a look though, since it was raining and I was running late for a moviesad.gif

I'm really really hoping that they can take the amount of recoil the WE SCAR open bolt generates....it's even more expensive than my SCAR itself and its ACM!tongue.gif

I feel Building Fire (I still LOL every time I hear that name) is basically "Element" - their LaRue products are all the same as the ones listed as Element on RSOV and other sites. I'm guessing they and Element have the same OEM factories.

I LOL at the name too biggrin.gif

I think you're right about the factory thing. Actually I went to an ACM shop a few weeks ago and the shopowner told me Element closed down when I asked her about the 1x-4x SpecterDR. There's also a thread on AirsoftCanada that stated Element ceased its production indefinitely (I think it was linked in the other SpecterDR thread). BF is also kinda new I think (I've only seen their products over the last 3 months if I remember correctly) so maybe they just changed names?

Hmm, guess the cat is out of the bag. Element has stopped all production, as I've heard from multiple sources (it explains why my MRDS was so hard to get in the first place). But BF has been out for a while (I want to say for over a year), just low profile unlike the new companies like AEG and SHS.

And frog, I didn't see it on their site either - perhaps it'll arrive later in the week?

Price is way too high, you can get real steel cheap glass and a decent mount for around that much, 100 bucks cheaper and it would be awesome.

I think the thing is, get me a RS Elcan, for the same price and I'll gladly ignore this one. I can buy a good quality rifle long scope for $150, but why do I need it for airsoft? I buy optics for the look mostly, as long as it functions as intended, airsoft isn't exactly demanding on an optic.

I think the thing is, get me a RS Elcan, for the same price and I'll gladly ignore this one. I can buy a good quality rifle long scope for $150, but why do I need it for airsoft? I buy optics for the look mostly, as long as it functions as intended, airsoft isn't exactly demanding on an optic.

Even a fixed mag elcan for this price would be, well, impossible unless in ratty condition.......

My Block II is calling out for one of those but $250 plus the usually costs associated with getting one imported is a bit extravagant for what will most likely be a throw away product. If they would release either a static 1x or 2x magnification model at a better price then I'd be tempted.

Got one coming. If the product´s good It´ll be just what I´m looking for. Reticle is a perfect copy, rangefinding matrix, doubles as 1x red dot... Even if electronics are ######, the enclosed reflex should hold its own in a bright day. Just pricey, but If its skirmish worthy I´d sell my ACOG and get at least 100$. Not so pricey then ;) And if it´s Element quality, it would probably be a good buy.

Got one coming. If the product´s good It´ll be just what I´m looking for. Reticle is a perfect copy, rangefinding matrix, doubles as 1x red dot... Even if electronics are ######, the enclosed reflex should hold its own in a bright day. Just pricey, but If its skirmish worthy I´d sell my ACOG and get at least 100$. Not so pricey then ;) And if it´s Element quality, it would probably be a good buy.

Mind giving us a review as to whether it holds up to recoil? I really want to put it on my WE SCAR but I'm afraid the recoil's gonna knock it off zero and knock the wiring lose so I'll lose the illuminationsad.gif

Paid for mine too.

Haters gonna hate at the end. Too bad, just means there're more for those of us who actually work and have money to burn :D

You´ll get it before me for sure... care to do a quick quality review for the not-so-lucky ones?

Archived