MadBull Daniel Defense SA80 Ris is here!

memberTGC

So when they say 'ICS and WE conversion kit sold separately' does that mean there will be more than one version of this R.I.S. or will there be only one and those of us who own ICS have to wait and purchase some sort of converting device? :huh:

Sorry I understand people probably don't have answers, but I've been looking forward to this for my ICS and to have it just beyond my reach is a little disappointing. :(

So when they say 'ICS and WE conversion kit sold separately' does that mean there will be more than one version of this R.I.S. or will there be only one and those of us who own ICS have to wait and purchase some sort of converting device? :huh:

Sorry I understand people probably don't have answers, but I've been looking forward to this for my ICS and to have it just beyond my reach is a little disappointing. :(

I think that there will be an extra device to install it on your ICS gun... hope it is cheap ;)

"ICS and WE conversion kit sold separately"

Latest news release from Madbull regarding the rail:

DANIEL DEFENSE SA80 RIS

Madbull Airsoft is proud to announce our fully licensed SA80 RIS for G&G and Army Armament SA80 (L85) AEGs. ICS and WE conversion kit sold separately.

Daniel Defense was awarded the contract for the SA80 RIS by the UK MOD (Ministry of Defence) and is currently the sole producer for the UK MOD.

Complete your modern UK SA80 load out with our Madbull Daniel Defense SA80 fully licensed rails.

FEATURES:

Fully licensed by Daniel Defense

True 1:1 scale

Swinging top rail for battery access

6061 aircraft aluminum

CNC machined

Hard anodyzed coating

Used by British Armed Forces

Thanks, Madbull Marketing, (Madbull Airsoft)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MADBULL OFFICIALS. WHEN YOU SEE THIS POST, PLEASE CONTACT ME BY PRIVATE MESSAGING. I NEED YOU TO MACHINE A CORRECT ADAPTER FOR ME, AND COURIER IT TO ME.

I got my MADBULL #DDSA80 today for my G&G SA80 (L85A2). (Picture 1) I was elated. However, to my horror, despite all the hype, IT DOES NOT FIT.

The underlying reason is with the diameter of the recess of the adapter, which is shown in Step 2, of the installation diagram. (Picture 2)

The diameter of the of the recess of the adapter is 22mm. (Picture 3) The diameter of the bevelled end of the rifle barrel is 23mm. (Picture 4). The adapter cannot be fitted flush against the receiver (Picture 5). No doubt would result in weighing down the barrel.

I expected better from MADBULL. Considering the price of this kit costs over a third of the price of the G&G SA80.

Anyone else who encountered this problem, please speak up. Everyone else, hold your orders for now.

Thank you.

sml_gallery_56737_1902_126664.jpg

sml_gallery_56737_1902_58636.jpg

sml_gallery_56737_1902_9061.jpg

sml_gallery_56737_1902_46101.jpg

sml_gallery_56737_1902_15485.jpg

sml_gallery_56737_1902_73920.jpg

sml_gallery_56737_1902_9616.jpg

sml_gallery_56737_1902_42988.jpg

Hi All!

I have kind of same problem as you Eric. I have G&G L85A1 and Madbull RIS. Part you mentioned does not fit to the barrel. It is too small. But after installation, it seems it is ok. Everything holds together pretty well but there is gap ~half centimeter between the body and RIS. I think about adding piece of "something" to fill in the gap.

About conversion to WE and ICS. As I remember only part you have to replace is the one shown on pictures from Eric. I think it shall not be a big problem to produce it in some workshop...

Hopefully it helps someone.

PS Sorry if some sentences are difficult to understand, I am not so good with english.

• 3 months later...

I just got the WE Adapter today I Put it on so far so good tried to put the actual rail on and it won't go. The flamin' thing is at least 1mm too wide on each side to fit in the recess, I'm not very impressed to say the least, how the heck they failed to see it would not fit and allowed it past quality control is inexcusable.

I just got the WE Adapter today I Put it on so far so good tried to put the actual rail on and it won't go. The flamin' thing is at least 1mm too wide on each side to fit in the recess, I'm not very impressed to say the least, how the heck they failed to see it would not fit and allowed it past quality control is inexcusable.

Ive had the same problem! Surley they tested it before manafacturing it for sale??

Archived