ICS mp5 A4 v. 3.5

msawiel

I have just recently purchased an ics airsoft elite mp5a4 v. 3.5 about 3 weeks ago. the inital test fires were excellent and this seemed like the best gun ever. However during my first skirmish (about 100rds shot) there was a high pitch sqeal and the gun didn't shoot anymore. The motor sounded like it was running but the gears or the rest of the gun was not functioning.

-First has anyone else had this problem?

-Secondly, does anyone know what might be wrong and if its fixable? This is my first AEG so i don't really know the interrnal workings too well yet.

I was also firing the gun on semi-auto mode if that might have any affect on comments or suggestions. I have an operation in 2 weeks that i really want to attend but i need to fix this if i will able to go.

- any suggestions?

The moter isnt seated high enough into the gearbox, I dont know how mp5's adjust but there is a big flat head screw on the bottom of my m15a4, just turn it clockwise some to push the motor up higher. Hopefully someone with an mp5 will tell you what exactly you need to do to raise the motor.

There's a set screw on the bottm of the pistol grip that you will have to adjust.

You've either stripped your piston/gears or your motor isnt meshing properly with your bevel gear.

Also, sometimes gearboxes can lock up when firing exclusively in semi auto. Try firing in full auto briefly. If that doesnt work you're going to have to unseat your antireversal latch so that your mechbox will unwind.

I have just recently purchased an ics airsoft elite mp5a4 v. 3.5 about 3 weeks ago. the inital test fires were excellent and this seemed like the best gun ever. However during my first skirmish (about 100rds shot) there was a high pitch sqeal and the gun didn't shoot anymore. The motor sounded like it was running but the gears or the rest of the gun was not functioning. 

-First has anyone else had this problem? 

-Secondly, does anyone know what might be wrong and if its fixable? This is my first AEG so i don't really know the interrnal workings too well yet.

Just curious...why do people think they first gun they buy is always the "best" gun?

If your motor did not drop, you can tell by the position of the set screw...if its flush with the base plate then you stripped a gear, because your motor did not drop.

For future reference...if your AEG ever screeches...Stop pulling the trigger. Any more screeching will cause more damage.

If you did strip your gear its most likely the sector gear. It should still be under warranty from SD, send it back to your retailer for repair.

Archived