Guarder 1195G M16 Ammo Pouch

Ledpocket

I searched around for info on these pouches and came up dry, so I figured I'd spread the word.

Bought some from wgc for $19.50 plus shipping:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...8f799da42171ef3

I got the OD to go with my new OD theme. The color is a match to all the other OD guarder gear I have.

The mag pouches will fit 3 m16/m4 mags. This kind of suprised me, as they don't look that big in the picture. The fit is kind of tight becaus of the giant piece of elastic that keeps the pouch cinched shut when it is empty. I also tried out 2 g3 mags, and they fit. I never got around to trying 2 clamped g36 mags, although a single fit in with no problem.

The flap is held with velcro and the fastex buckle.

Standard molle type straps with the snap closures and molle loops on the back for weaving the strap. Attached them to my vest with no problem.

Anyway, the big news to me was how many mags I could fit. I am very pleasantly suprised :)

I'll toss a few pics up when I get a chance.

Here are a couple pics of those mag pouches.

I could not seem to get 2 g36 mags (clamped) into a pouch. Might be that the elastic needs to be broken in.

Actually, I'll probably take the elastic right off 1 or 2 of them. It is kind of annoying, and it doesn't really bother me to have things clanking around in my pouches. I don't really play "stealthy" ;)

20050620pouches0019mh.jpg

20050620pouches0028qi.jpg

edit: spelling

wrong!!!! ;) Those big loops are way too big for a PLCE belt and there are no metal retaining pieces which slot in to the belt on the rear of the pouch either. The pouch would just bounce up and down on the belt which would be a pain in the *albartroth* when moving. MOLLE, SPEAR, RAV, PALS,RACK,CACK compatible the pouches are but PLCE, i think not :D

EDIT: this post is meant in a nice way :)

wrong!!!! ;)  Those big loops are way too big for a PLCE belt and there are no metal retaining pieces which slot in to the belt on the rear of the pouch either. The pouch would just bounce up and down on the belt which would be a pain in the *albartroth* when moving. MOLLE, SPEAR, RAV, PALS,RACK,CACK compatible the pouches are but PLCE, i think not :D

lol Joss. I was having a struggle thinking of a nice way to say something similar, but good job with that.

wrong!!!! ;)  Those big loops are way too big for a PLCE belt and there are no metal retaining pieces which slot in to the belt on the rear of the pouch either. The pouch would just bounce up and down on the belt which would be a pain in the *albartroth* when moving. MOLLE, SPEAR, RAV, PALS,RACK,CACK compatible the pouches are but PLCE, i think not :D

Not if you shorten the loops by looping them through the 2nd-to-last weaving-loop and then fasten it. If that makes sense :blink:

Not if you shorten the loops by looping them through the 2nd-to-last weaving-loop and then fasten it. If that makes sense :blink:

d3v, I'll concede the point that you could use these on web belts.

Since nobody asked if they were compatible, and I made no mention of it, and this thread has nothing to do with plce, I guess I'm kind of wondering what the point was.

But whatever.

I'm lovin' my pouches :) Hopefully this helps the next guy wondering how mnay mags will fit in them, because I basicly took a chance that they weren't the same single bangers I already have...

This is kind of funny.

I'll reiterate:

These molles pouches work perfectly with my molle vest :)

And they hold 3 m4 or 2 g3 or 2 clipped g36 mags.

They'll probably hold 6 uzi mags and at least 4 mp5 mags as well. (I can fit 4 uzi mags in my double m4 pouch, and don't have enough mp5 mags to test the theory)

Velcro closure, backed up with fastex buckles. Annoying elastic to keep them tight with less than a full pouch of stuff.

they look sweet... much better than the BHI standard button-fasten type which look lame.

BTW your MOLLE vest needs more pouches... looks a bit bare.

I'd have 4 of those mage pouches across the bottom of the front then i'd have those two utility pouches above them and then the i'd have two double pistol mag pouches at the top.

they look sweet... much better than the BHI standard button-fasten type which look lame.

BTW your MOLLE vest needs more pouches... looks a bit bare.

I'd have 4 of those mage pouches across the bottom of the front then i'd have  those two utility pouches above them and then the i'd have two double pistol mag pouches at the top.

Interesting advice. My old setup in woodland was similar to that. 4 doubles on the bottom/midlle, utility up high, sometimes with the pistol pouch high too.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ndpost&p=236843

Stacking the pouches in a line up the vest makes it harder to get the goods out of them. Plus I like the top bare.

I'll probably end up taking one of the mag pouches off the current setup, and just run with 2. 2 extra hicaps and a bottle full of bb's is enough to last a few games :)

But all that is just my preference ;)

Is there any reason to buy guarder gear when the real deal costs the same?

TT, SDS, and all professional pouches command the same prices. You can trust them for quality and the lifetime guarantee. SDS alone amesk multiple variations of the m16 double pouch - velco tabs, shotgun loops, etc are all selectable. Guarder makes good imitations, but imitations invariably end up skimping in certain areas that the real deal products don't.

Archived