how often to lube a GBB?

whiplash

just the inside of the barrel and the chamber?

cheers

I play ever sunday on an outdoor field, so normally every gun i used that sunday gets totally stripped down and regreased and lubed just like the real steal would.

If they are being used for plinking or indoor games then every ten/twenty mags as BadAssTronaut said.

I play ever sunday on an outdoor field, so normally every gun i used that sunday gets totally stripped down and regreased and lubed just like the real steal would.

Indeed.

Basically, after use, I dust the crud out of the gun with a 1" paintbrush and then give a quick blast of silicone spray into the slide, trigger mechanism and hammer mechanism. Job done.

No worries. :)

You don't want silicone dribbling around inside the gun. Just a quick blast is all it takes. Just enough to lube the surfaces it sticks to.

i would recomened up ending the gun so the silcon runs down the barrel, then any access will drop in to the chamber area.After spraying the barrel i would leave it for around 5 minutes upended then using the rod clean the inside of the barrel

REMEBER TO TURN OFF ANY HOP UP THE GUN MIGHT HAVE AS YOU WILL DAMAGE IT IF YOU PUSH TOO FAR

Once you have removed the accessive silcon from inside spray alittle more and repeat untill the cloth comes out clean. (After long use the first cloth will come out a greyish colour)Use grease on the internal workings of the gun and also on the rail slides.

Also clean the clip as well, shot your ammo clip empty of gas (Do not manually blow it out as this decreases the life of the clip) Now while pushing in the manual gas release button at the back spray a light coat of silcon into the area and leave again for around 5 minutes before refilling with gas. Also give the wells where the BB's sit a really good clean because as the bb's travel up the clip while firing microscopic ammounts of plastic dust are left and after long use they tend to build up and clog the gun so give it a good clean and lube again with silicon.

Now load up your clip and shoot off around 2 full clips as this will now blow out any excessive silcon.

buda Bing........one clean GBB

Archived