Religion

jay bee

I hereby start the thread so it doesnt all get posted on the list thread!

Be as pretentious, philosophical, and controversial as you like, this is all about voiceing your religious opinions or getting answers about certain religious stuff. Harr harr!

-Jay

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ic=386&hl=rules

Racial, Sexual and Religious Equality

This site makes no discrimination between people of different race, gender or religion. Airsoft is a sport for all, and these forums reflect that. We welcome everyone except those who demonstrate intolerance toward others.

This is a particularly delicate area to police, so the forum staff will have the final say. Comments about anything that discriminates against people, are forbidden.

In other words, this'll probably turn into a flamefest. So...no.

I have a horrible feeling this will degenrate into a "what am bestest religeon" thread, and I personally don't feel it should have any bearing on this forum.

However, I catuiously await further posts.....

What am bestest religion? Well thats easy isnt it its - JOKING!!!!

Well yeah if it does turn into that we can always leave the thread, or get R22 to delete it...

Then you OBVIOUSLY haven't met Asso, have you?

Hopefully, no one is like him, and he was a one-of-a-kind *beep*.

...Earthman it is rather difficult to follow your mode of speech...

...Remember I have been cryogenically frozen for over three million years...

...And I know little of this...'Asso' of which you speak...

OMG how many tiers do you have??? :D

Ok so IMO religion is entirely cosmetic and it should be, if you want to believe something, then you should by all means, just the same as if you want to wear something, then it is by all means your choice, the only problem is that religious fanaticists, like fashion victims take their so called religion(be it islam or gucci) too seriously.

I personally believe that when you die whatever you believe will happen will happen, so it's time to start having positive thoughts about your afterlife :D

Defining Asso: A religiously intolerant spacktard who infested the forums for a time. He eventually got banned, and then deiced it would be really funny to come back and be even more of a goon, and he got banned again. And again. And again.

Take a look at the "Ouch, my eye!" rant thread for more info.

Maybe this should have been a poll?

I am a Church of england christian. I have quite conservative beliefs, for example rejecting gay marriages, as they are against gods law, though you would be surprised how many vicars share that belief. ( I know poeple are going to flame me for that, but don't as it is my religious belief and I won't and never will flame anybody for their religious beliefs). Anyway it also says in the Bible to accept other peoples religions and I do and have friends from all walks of life, jewish, muslim and sikhe(sp?).

I think that this thread should be allowed to stay open for as long as it is tolerant, and asso (or equivelant) free.

OMG how many tiers do you have??? :D

Ok so IMO religion is entirely cosmetic and it should be, if you want to believe something, then you should by all means, just the same as if you want to wear something, then it is by all means your choice, the only problem is that religious fanaticists, like fashion victims take their so called religion(be it islam  or gucci) too seriously.

I personally believe that when you die whatever you believe will happen will happen, so it's time to start having positive thoughts about your afterlife :D

Thats a really, really, really, really, REALLY interesting belief. I have heard of theories which talk about your own universe being the product of your own thoughts, and you therefore have produced the universe that you need to live in. And then in that way you have the power to be your own christ or antichrist, afterall to end your universe, it only takes one bullet. Its always intrigued me, the thought that we really dont exhist in a way anything like we think we do, and that we could seal our own fate and create our own universe expanding infront of us... Mmmmm

"If we live within the spiral, then we are the spiral, and anything we put our hands to, becomes infused, with the spiral"

I won't flame you, as you are entitled to believe that.

I presonally will disagree with you, mainly because there's a whole bunch of stuff that occurs in the C of E that's already against 'God's law' as laid out in the bible.

In addition, any religieon which bases its dogma on a book that has been translated once, and then a second and third time, without admitting that there is a possibility for error might want to have a re-think.

Maybe this should have been a poll?

I am a Church of england christian. I have quite conservative beliefs, for example rejecting gay marriages, as they are against gods law, though you would be surprised how many vicars share that belief. ( I know poeple are going to flame me for that, but don't as it is my religious belief and I won't and never will flame anybody for their religious beliefs). Anyway it also says in the Bible to accept other peoples religions and I do and have friends from all walks of life, jewish, muslim and sikhe(sp?).

I think that this thread should be allowed to stay open for as long as it is tolerant, and asso (or equivelant) free.

Hell no no-one is going to flame you for having your own opinion.

However, apparently martin luther cut a load of stuff out of the bible, that under the covenant of jesus, you are allowed to be gay. It would make sense as there is nothing in the new testament which actually denies or confirms that jesus was anti gay

Hi,

Firstly Wiccan and a witch, depending on whether you feel theres a difference personally i do. It's actualyl suprisuing how many there are when you ask just most feel the need to keep hush for fear of persecution(you know what i mean), i don't go around shouting it but i'll tell the truth if someone asks

I don't follow a world religion mainly because of the way they've been twisted (in my opinion), they were all great and invovled peace to start with ie love thy neighbour etc, but somewhere down the line they all got used by bigoted idiots as a pretense for wars, jihad, and general unneighbourliness....crusades are probably the most obvious example of this, don't get me started on the witch trials because i'm probably biased on that one. The one thing I can't forgive is the 400-500years where science was heracy simply because there was a lack of understanding and fear it could change things, probably rather bold but I can see similarities to the current situation with the VCR and airsoft.

any other pagans/wiccans/other unstateds find it odd that we play war every weekend regardless of the 4 fold rule? i feel that it just applies to magic though i don't go out of my way to hurt people by any means so thats me sorted. I know that some people have the interpretation that it applies to life in general, if any of those people are here how do you view it?

Cheers

Mig

At a risk of being know purely for my beliefs and not my airsofting ability....

Being Wiccan and being a Witch are two separate things, In my opinion. Being Wiccan means you follow the path of the God and Goddess, embrace the Wiccan rede and the religeous values of the faith. Being a witch means you have the power and training to access the energy that flows through the earth and every living thing.

It is possible to be Wiccan and not a Witch, and vice-versa. Hence Pagans and Satanists can access magic for use. But any true Wiccan will never use their power for bad ends.

As far as magic goes, it's not like storybook or stage magic.Basically, we focus our energy, not so much on physical changes, but on the Astral Plane: the plane of energy. Despite what you may see in the movies, the practice of witchcraft does not entail flying around a room or turning someone into a newt. While I know a couple of witches who can throw a fit, I have yet to meet one who can throw an object without physically picking it up! Magickal rituals, such as the casting of spells, is a means of focusing your will and your energy to achieve a desired effect in your life. It allows you to harness all of the energy available to you, drawing not only from yourself but also from the forces of nature. Meditation, visualization, spell casting -- all of these are means of gathering the strength to accomplish something and focusing your energy upon your goal. This power is available to everyone, but Witches learn the means to make use of it.

Magic in and of itself is neutral. It is neither black nor white, but the form is governed by the will of the caster. It is possible to be hurt very badly by messing with magic you don't understand, or in way's contrary to the good of all, because the universe doesn't like it. This is known in Wicca as the rule of 3, and can also be referred to as Karma. Basically, anything you do is returned upon you threefold, so if you act badly towards others you will recieve even worse effects. Also, if you do good it is returned so everything balances.

Contrary to popular belief, we do not worship, or indeed believe in Satan. We simply don't think he exists. He's a creation of ultimate evil designed as a balance to the all powerful and 'good' God of Christian/Jewish/etc religeon. He's also something of a cop-out in many Wiccan's opinion's, giving people an outside entity upon which to blame their negative impulses. We recognise instead that within everyone there is light and dark sides, just as in nature. We strive to promote the light and subdue our dark sides, as any moral individual does. But when we mess up or do something wrong, we take responsibility for that mistake.

As regards how we feel towards other religeons, our only animosity toward Christianity, or toward any other religion or philosophy-of-life, is to the extent that often such institutions have claimed to be "the one true right and only way" and have sought to deny freedom to others and to suppress other ways of religious practices and beliefs. So long as they don't try to infringe upon our ability to practice our religeon, we don't have a problem. We are not mono-aethistic. We do not claim to be the only way to the deity, just *a* way. It works for us. It might not work for others. Their choice.

I chose Wicca as a belief system because it works (for me) as a set of moral precepts.

As regards airsoft and the threefold rule, it doesn't apply because we don't actually hurt anyone. Cheating is obviously bad, and would lead to bad Karma.

Being in the armed forces and the rule of three....well, sometimes you end up in a situation where two bad things have to be chosen between. For example, If I do become a police officer (a possible career choice) I may have to harm one person to prevent harm coming to another and to uphold the laws of the country.

I, for some reason have no assumptions about the after-life. I don't believe in a heaven or hell, nor in a god or devil. I do not believe in fate or pre destination. I do not believe in reincarnation nor transcention.

I believe only in my modest existence. As a miracle in and of itself for in the vast scheme of the universe I am miniscule and unnoticed. The purpose in my life is vested by myself and perpetuated by myself alone.

Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi these people are profits and wise men. They hold no specific superior rank, but their words are powerful and bring truth to complex situations. Their lessons are that of self sacrifice for that of the greater good, and of honesty, compassion and humility.

To me life has but one unit - 1. It can not be divided into greater or lesser only to exist or not. I will not discriminate on life based on any sliding scale such as temperature of blood, biological complexity or sentience. I, therefore, consider religious vegetarianism a form of passive biotry.

I have done my best to explore organized religious practices including that of the Catholics, Christians, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, and Wiccan, and have participated in ceremonies from each of the afore mentioned sects.

I don't completely adhere to any known religion, but I suppose if one had to label my spiritual philosophy it would most likely resemble Shinto.

Thats pretty much every religion. And the old testement was written in hebrew and still exists, untranslated in hebrew, so all one has to do is learn hebrew to find if there are any mistakes. Also my bible has a section at the back of all the parts that the translator wasn't sure of.

Edit: my bible is translated directly from hebrew, not latin or greek like many bibles.

God's Simple Plan of Salvation

My Friend: I am asking you the most important question of life. Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you area church member but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?

God says in order to go to Heaven, you must be born again. In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, "Ye must be born again." In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?

First, my friend, you must realize you are a sinner. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. "For the wages [payment] of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell. it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).

But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place."... He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no Sin] to be sin for us ... that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Jesus had to shed His blood and die. "For the life of the flesh is in the blood" (Leviticus 17:11)... without shedding of blood is no remission [pardon]" (Hebrews 9:22). "...God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins were laid upon Jesus and He died in our place. He became our substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.

"God ... commandeth all men everywhere to repent" (Acts 17:30). This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the Cross.

In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: "... 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?' And they said, 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved ...

Simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sin, died in your place, was buried, and whom God resurrected. His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus is received as Savior.

"But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name" (John 1:12). "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13). Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved.Surely, you realize you are a sinner. Right now, wherever you are, repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer.

In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: "God be merciful to me a sinner." Just pray:

"Oh, God, I know I am a sinner I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross. I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. I now receive Him as my Savior, I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. Amen."

Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!

God's simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.

You say, "Surely, it cannot be that Simple." Yes, that simple! It is scriptural. It is God's plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today. If His plan is not perfectly clear, read this tract over and over, without laying it down until you understand it. Your soul is worth more than all the world.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36). Be sure you are saved. If you lose your soul, you miss Heaven and lose all. Please! Let God save you this very moment.

God's power will save you, keep you saved, and enable you to live a victorious Christian life. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it" (I Corinthians 10:13).

Do not trust your feelings. They change. Stand on God's promises. They never change. After you are saved, there are three things to practice daily for spiritual growth: Pray - you talk to God. Read your Bible - God talks to you. Witness - you talk for God.

You should be baptized in obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ as a public testimony of your salvation, and then unite with a Bible-believing church without delay. "Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord (2 Timothy 1:8).

"Whosoever therefore shall confess [testifiy of] Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 10:32). Ford Porter

GOD'S SIMPLE PLAN OF SALVATION

A Matter of Life or Death

Carefully embodies 1933 original and 1956 revised editions.

All Scripture texts are from the KJV, with Deity pronouns capitalized.

COPYRIGHT: Robert Ford Porter, 1991, Printed in U.S.A

Archived