CAW M24 or tanaka M24 SWS

cadetrichards

hey guys, I recently sold a few items and im now able to buy a good sniper rifle. I want a M24 so I am stuck between the top two. I want to use the rifle in skirmishes so it must be legal. I have been told that the CAW shoots 328 fps out of the box, but the tanaka shoots 4** fps out of the box. Is there anyway of reucing the tanaka's fps?

if anyone could help me with my decision, the pros and cons of both rifles and where to find some reviews on both, would be much appreciated :)

cheers

if you can fit a regulator to the Tanaka then go with the Tanaka as from my experience it is the better rifle, if there is no way to reduce it's velocity however, then go with the CAw, which is still a good rifle.

if you can fit a regulator to the Tanaka then go with the Tanaka as from my experience it is the better rifle, if there is no way to reduce it's velocity however, then go with the CAw, which is still a good rifle.

how much would it cost to install a regulator? and would wolfarmouries do it?

if there is such a part available, if not then i'm sure with a bit of DIY and some help you could easily purchase one from a hardware store for a small amount and install it.

i'm sure a reputable airsoft company (not Wolf, use airsoft scotland) would fit the adapter for you with your permission and a little bit of cash.

To be honest the age of the sniper ended after the 1J limit was enforced in the U.K

All rifles now are the same, so really performance at long range is no longer that necessary.

You probably have considered the CA M24 and left it out because of some reason. But it's rifle stock is supposed to be better than the Tanaka and CAW (CAW and tanaka stocks are the same as they developed the guns together)

The problem with CA is the QC, but it's definitely fixable with money. So if you have the money to buy after market parts I would actually suggest the CA above these two...

Tht's just my opinion...

You must remember that at some airsofting sites power for sniper rifles is more than the UK limit for an automatic weapon. Go and check around your local sites for info and what is best. You never know, someone there may have one for you to try!

edit: sorry mods if this mention of power is against forum rules!

yes, but apparntly, the tanaka M700 has the same internals as the tanaka M24 , but the M700 has a power control systemand costs less. Would they power control system go down to 328 fps?

You got it backwards. The M24 has the power control system.

Using the control system and HFC134A gas might get you down to 1j.

The CAW is basicly a spring copy of the Tanaka M24. The magazine is in the right place and everything, unlike most other sniper rifles. Just I dont think there are any upgrades for it.

m700.jpg

From the realistic aspect of the gun, CAW is more realistic than the Tanaka's.

Caw's receiver is 'long-action' type receiver which in real-gun m24 has longer receiver than M700s to use 7.62mm NATO rounds. Tanaka in otherhand uses the shorter type which was used in other m700 variants that they also make (theres a marking on the receiver "Tanaka Works M700").

CAW also has the adaptor stuff(Im not really sure what its called) on the right of the receiver which,I believe, is for the iron sight.

CAW m24 ver.2

As you can see from the above website, CAW did engraving service where you can send them the receiver and they'll engrave serial numbers and remington logo. Its supposely call ver.2 but Im not really sure. Also I don't know if they still do the engravings, and I don't know if new batch of their m24 comes pre-engraved.

Peace.

m700.jpg

From the realistic aspect of the gun, CAW is more realistic than the Tanaka's.

Caw's receiver is 'long-action' type receiver which in real-gun m24 has longer receiver than M700s to use 7.62mm NATO rounds.  Tanaka in otherhand uses the shorter type which was used in other m700 variants that they also make (theres a marking on the receiver "Tanaka Works M700"). 

Actually, the long action is there for the use of .308Mag and the short action is designed for 7.62 Nato only. Long action was chosen for the M24 as it can cater for both .308Mag and 7.62 (with different barrel and bolt). However they hardly ever use .308Mag in the US army which made them think they should have used teh short action since it takes less time to cycle.

Let's clarify this Tanaka M24 some more.

M24 is a Remington 700 model. An M24 has a marking on its receiver "Remington M700". I think an M24 is just a specific model of an M700 used by the military.

The Tanaka M24 SWS (Sniper Weapon System) has the PCS (Power Control). This allows you to open up or tighten the tube where the gas flows just between the nozzle and the magazine.

Some Tanaka M24 doesn't have this PCS.

Let's clarify this Tanaka M24 some more.

M24 is a Remington 700 model. An M24 has a marking on its receiver "Remington M700". I think an M24 is just a specific model of an M700 used by the military.

The Tanaka M24 SWS (Sniper Weapon System) has the PCS (Power Control). This allows you to open up or tighten the tube where the gas flows just between the nozzle and the magazine.

Some Tanaka M24 doesn't have this PCS.

Are you sure about the power control, because on WGC's website it says the newer version of M700 has the PCS and the Tanaka M24 says nothing . But I spouse you know your stuff. Are you sure though?

The PCS was introduced with the M24. I am pretty sure on this. They then came out with the Kar 98k "G-Version" which also has the PCS, and a part for the older Kar 98k that turns it into a "G-Version" by giving it the PCS. Ironicly, it is cheaper to buy the old version and the conversion part than to buy the new Kar 98k "GVersion".

Archived