FAQ For KWA/KSC Glock 18c / G26c

McMadkat

Ok I wrote this for a chap who PMed me about his G18c, so I though I would share it with you all.

FAQ, Usual things are,

#1 How to remove top slide

# 2 What to lube

#3 What gas

#4 How do you adjust the hopup

#5 How do I stop it dumping all the gas after two shots, whoooosh!

Well,

#1 Remove the magazine and cock the gun. Put the selector switch to the middle horizontal poistion. Pull down on the two tabs above the trigger. Remove the top slide forwards. To replace the top slide, pull back in one swift movement. Make sure that the recoil spring is in the middle and not out of alignment or you will be left with a jammed gun.

#2 What to lube. I use a silcon lube in a spray can and lube the guns after each use. Pull the slide back the lube the outer barrel, slide guide rails and recoil spring. Then turn the gun over and still holding the slide back lube the mech which appears at the back of the slide. Also do a quick spray to the mag in both the filler valve and the delivery hole at the top. Wipe down all metal surfaces with a cloth with some silcon on it.

#3 What gas. If you have a metal top slide then use Green gas/propane (I warn you propane stinks!) If it is a plastic slide then use Green gas /propane for temps under 20ºC and HFC 134a (Freon 134a) for temps over 20ºC. That way you wont over stress your gun.

#4 The hop-up is adjusted by pulling back the slide and inserting the key that came with the gun into the front of the breach with the teeth facing forwards. Then lock the teeth into the toothe ring ands turn to adjust. It may take a few turns to get it right.

#5 How do I stop it dumping all the gas after two shots, whoooosh!

That happens because as the gun is fired the gas expands and pushes the BB down the barrel. When a gas expands it need heat energy to do that and it take the heat from the gun causing it to get cold. If the magazine gets too cold the pressure of the gas inside will get too low to work the gun properly and it will jams and let out all the gas in one whoosh. Who to stop it, easy after filling let the magazine warm up to room temp, it may take 5-10 mins to do this. Then when firing dont fire off the whole magazine in one go, fire a couple of shots then leave a few seconds berak before the next one. On full auto use short bursts for best perfprmance.

Hope that helps, if you any other questions just ask!

McM

Archived