Micro review on the WE Hi Capa

OK - Had a go with Hissing Sid’s WE Hi Capa.

2capa.jpg

Nice finish, generally, although the 'chrome' chamber and barrel (it's matt) seems to pick up marks from the gun - At first I thought it was scratched, but the marks seem to rub off.

The paint looks very like the stuff used on the HFC Beretta M9 190 (no surprise). Where the Armotech gun has that rather toyish logo on grip, there is NOTHING on this gun, just two indentations!

There's play in the slide to frame interface. It sounds quite bad, but isn't a lot worse than the TM version in terms of actual movement.

The top end and the magazine are interchangeable WE to TM and vice versa and both worked swap around.

Accuracy is good at 5m, 30mm grouping best 5 of 6.

Power is around 280 on abbey ultra with .2g BBs, but it seems to tail off quite quickly.

1 286.8

2 286.2

3 281.9

4 281.7

5 284.0

6 279.9

7 277.2

8 275.3

9 274.2

10 268.7

Weight is 1130g with a 350g mag. The top end (slide and barrel) weighs 500g, giving the gun a strong kick.

nice, now just need to wait for UK retailers to get some in, i still cant get pass myself gettign a GBB from oversea, i want warranty on it >.<

for average 280ish is very impressive, hows the blowback compared to the TM one? like speed and hardness ? :)

Inconclusive - It's too bloody hot!

However, I did notice that the grip safety doesnt actually work on the Armotech/WE/HFC - Is this normal on the metal gun or is this one faulty?

Anyone else got one? cock the hammer then pull the trigger, without gripping the grip safety - The one I have fires every time...

Cheers.

Yeah don't I know it. :D

Haha really? Have you tested the grip safety on the TM Hi-Capa? You will most likely find that it doesn't work - and if it does, it certainly won't for long. Funny that this little flaw carried over to the WE version - must truly be a direct copy, then. :P

Woooo, full metal, hard kick, integrated rail, compatible with TM mags and no bloody grip safety!!! I'm buying one (maybe two) ;)

WGC, here I come :)

Ooooh, while I'm here, can you do me a favor Snowman? Can you see if the slide-latch from the TM gun fits in the WE gun, and if the WE gun still functions correctly with the other gun's latch? I am looking to get the extended slide-latches with these guns, but have no idea if the ones intended for the TM model will fit.

Cheers :)

Cheers.

Right, well I have one of these guns on order now along with an extended slide-latch for easy reach.

I also have a spare hammer & recoil spring set ordered for it. It was only a few dollars so thought it would be worth it for the experiement. I'll post up and let you all know how it goes ;)

Thanks for the help Snowman. :)

i was thinking about one of these, but i got the tm one as i wanted the nineball strike kit on it ( it looks soo sweet).Is the grip part metal? the upper part of the frame on the tm one is metal but the actual grip part with the trigger guard is plastic

i was reading your site snowman, this part i dont quite get

''although it would be trivial to fit a piece of rail to the underneath of the Armotech's dustcover''

what is a dustcover? can you hightlight it in the pic please :)

i was reading your site snowman, this part i dont quite get

''although it would be trivial to fit a piece of rail to the underneath of the Armotech's dustcover''

what is a dustcover? can you hightlight it in the pic please :)

The dustcover is the front piece of the frame.

Cheers.

Okay, my one of these arrived yesterday so last night I went out for a spot of range work to test it out.

Firstly, I have to say I have only put about 500 shots through the gun so far so these are only "first-impression" sort of comments. I may do a proper review after 3,000 > 4,000 shots have gone through it.

---------------------------------------------------

The first thing I noticed on firing this gun is that the blowback seems REALLY sluggish. It is so slow that you can easily see the hammer hit the back of the frame before the slide even starts to move. This is not a good thing as it removes a lot of the "Bang" you get with the TM Hi-Capa.

The recoil is average to good, but again the TM one is better.

The sound that the gun makes when you pull back and release the slide though is excellent - VERY nice.

The gun has a great weight and feel, and the integrated rail is a bonus for anyone with a laser or tac-lite that they want to fit.

Gas efficiency is terrible though. Even on a full fill of Green Gas, more than half of the magazines I fired saw the slide unable to generate enough blowback to lock back after the last shot. As a related effect, cooldown is very noticable on this gun.

Accuracy seems pretty good and shots are consistant. I didn't shoot any targets seriously, but BBs did seem to go exactly where I wanted them to go.

Construction quality seems to be great and I am conviced this gun will last ages if kept properly lubricated. It could make a good skirmishing sidearm too as long as you don't plan to rapid fire an entire mag at once (cool-down will kick in if you do).

Overall, I like it - not as much as the TM version though. However, it is hard not to like it as the costs break down like so...

WE Metal Hi-Capa = approx £55 (from WGC)

or

TM Hi-Capa = approx £85 (from Airsoft Armoury)

Metal Slide = approx £55 (from WGC)

Metal Barrel = Unavailable (unless you go for the entire shooters design kit)

So, total cost for the WE Metal Hi-Capa = £55

Total cost for the TM plus upgrades to same materials as WE version = £140 (and you still wouldn't have a metal barrel).

For this reason I would recommend the WE to anyone who wants a Hi-Capa on a budget. The TM one still performs better. but considering the extra price, it may not be worth it for everyone. ;)

It is so slow that you can easily see the hammer hit the back of the frame before the slide even starts to move. This is not a good thing as it removes a lot of the "Bang" you get with the TM Hi-Capa.

I'm a bit confused by this observation.

Where do you see the hammer hit before the slide starts to move? Do you mean the firing pin area or the grip safety spur area? Either way, I'm not quite sure what you mean...

Cheers

Sorry, I mean that when you pull the trigger the hammer snaps forward on to the back of the slide (where the firing pin would be on a real-steel). This fires the gun, the slide moves back and resets the hammer.

On the TM Hi-Capa this happens so fast you never even see the hammer move - the gun just goes off. On the WE version, you see the hammer fall easily before the slide starts to move back.