Using a M9 mag in a M93?

shootist

BEFORE we spend the dough!

For the KSC guns that is.

I`m thinking it would be a nice compromise when holstered.

Anyone else thinking that way.

If so, can you blow a whole mag on auto (26 rounds?)

And how do you like it?

TIA,

Randall

The mags from the KSC m9 will fit the KSC m93r and vice versa.

maby they dont. alledjedly all the M9s are copies of eachother (made better/worse) and all the mags are interchangable

i held my M93r mag next to a M9 mag(unknown company) and they would never work: - NOT EVEN CLOSE

the KSC M9 mag might work but make sure before you buy one.. i was thinking of doing the same thing (short mag for holstering) please keep me informed

frag on, lovly M93r, so much fun :P:bestgun:

I feel so honored to post after my two favorite fellow M93 owners. :D

I remember someone telling me that none would fit, but I guess they weren't talking about if they were the same brand.

KWA/KSC M9/M93 mags should be interchangeable as well, right? I, too, have noticed the long mag getting in the way when holstered, but I guess I'll just have to get over it. (It will be well worth it for pistols only rounds, though. :D)

I feel so honored to post after my two favorite fellow M93 owners.  :D

yay i am someones favorite somthing WOOT

so directorcass, what you are saying is that the KSC M9 mag will fit my KSC M93r

*hopes* has this been tested (i am sure it has, just needs to be more well known)

Thanks everbody, I`m gonna try it!

My gun is starting to be able to shot a full clip in FA, so I think THAT was a break in issue.

But still, need more mags, if M9`s will fit, it will be nice to have a smaller gun.

FWIW, I went down to Gungle Toy yesterday, but all they had was KJW, and those are totally wrong.

Cheers,

Randall

Well, I picked up a KWA M9 mag for my KWA M93R today, and it definately works. The only problem is that I haven't been able to empty a whole clip without running out of gas yet, but that happened with the M93's mag at first, too.

Interesting note: I bought the M9 mag from Airsoft Atlanta's retail store today, and while looking at it closely in the car, I noticed the gas release valve was pressed out. Without really thinking I pushed the button and was startled by a shot of gas against my shirt! Upon taking it home and shooting it, sure enough, it had gas in it, HFC134a to be precise. :D

It hadn't been used before (at least, there were no markings from sliding into a gun), and it was purchased under the assumed title of "new" from Airsoft Atlanta. The kid took a while to get it from the warehouse, so I'm thinking maybe he put some in to make sure it held gas.

I let a big blast out in the car, and a small one when I came home. After both of those, there was still enough gas left to push out a few weak shots - hence my assumption of it being HFC134a.

If you could have seen my face when the gas blasted me unexpectedly in the car, you would have been laughing VERY hard. :D

If you could have seen my face when the gas blasted me unexpectedly in the car, you would have been laughing VERY hard.  :D

i did something similar on the first day i used my M93r... at the end of the day as everyone was packing away i saw someone press the back of his pistol mag and it hissed(more of a short PUFT actually) at this point i was considering going to the game zone to empty a couple of mags to get the gas content down but i pressed the button (i didnt realise it was a button until then) and it emptied the gas.

dose emptying the gas so quickly damage the seels, i wonder....

I had the same sort of thought myself. I picked up an M9 mag for my M93r2, but to my dismay found that the floorplate on the M9 mag was too thick. It goes in, but the floorplate stops it just short of locking.

Maybe it's a version thing. Test fit before you buy, if you can...

Addendum: You lads have inspired me to tinker with my M9 mag again. After some hair raising tapping with a pin punch (and pressing in that little spring loaded pin on the bottom) I managed to tap the floorplate right off. The bottom of the magazine is held in with a drive pin on the bottom corner, it seems, so it holds together just fine without the floorplate at all.

It fits now, to say the least. I lament my lack of gas (shows up in the mail tomorrow) and similar lack of BB's, otherwise I'd test it. I'll take it for a spin when I have ammo and let you guys know if it blows up in my hands or something.

Archived