Mesh Goggles

jay bee

normal BBs almost never shatters ... and the chance of being hit in the goggles s slim .. so i say its bigger chance to be abducted by aliens ...

lol thats good to hear! I just ordered some mesh goggles on tuesday, and then people on airsoftforum.com were telling me about the dangers with mesh goggles, which I thought slightly strange as surely they wouldnt be produced if they were dangerous to use?

Cheers for ur help

Basically, a bb can shatter if fired at a hard enough surface from close enough range EG three feet onto a tiled floor.

I can see an issue possibly arising if you were using a heavy metal mesh and *suitcasey* bbs, but pretty much any mesh used in a mask is going to have to be tough, light and flexible.

like LJ said, the only thing you have to be wary about is ocassionally the mesh pops out of its retaining groove.

however you or your team mates should notice this before it gets too bad.

oh and something else, my sansei mask actually has dents in the mesh, so even at that speed, the bb didnt shatter.

As i'm finally fed up of steaming up goggles i was considering getting a mesh mask set , but too was concerned about the strength of it when hit by something "powerful"

I know during testing sessions in my workshop that even good quality bb's have shattered, but from what i can see the mesh "should" absorb the initial impact enough to stop this.

What type of mesh masks have been tested/used in skirmishes by you lot? and does anybody just use the mesh goggle bit without the nose/mouth mask? as i want to wear these with a ghillie balaclava without looking like a complete wally.

Hey there

I've heard that mesh goggles can be dangerous because if the BB shatters on impact with the mesh visor, the shards can go into your eyes. Is this true, or just complete bull?

Cheers

:punk:

-Jay bee

Almost right.

It's highly unlikely that a BB will ever smash against the mesh.

The uncertainty is if a BB shatters against a rock and splinters of it might get through the mesh.

Or dust.

Or grit.

Personally, I'm seriously considering fitting a mesh lens into my full-face mask to help with fogging but for ultimate safety mesh will always be 2nd best to a pukka lens.

As i'm finally fed up of steaming up goggles i was considering getting a mesh mask set

I bought the cheap $20 goggles from AirsoftAtlanta, and they have only fogged up on me once, and when it did fog up. it wasn't even that bad because I could still see very well.

It sounds like Mesh may be the way to go!

Although i will miss my yellow tinted view of the world i am way to fed up with misting up to carry on with normal goggles.

I'd tried the anti-mist wipes to no avail. I've even had a pair of goggles on my workbench and adding extra venting (drilled holes!) to allow for better airflow and therefore reduce fogging/misting. Even though this worked 70% of the time as soon as i put a hat on i get my psychedelic foggy view of the world back again :(

Contrary to what bullzebub said, I have been shot several times in the goggles (and only abducted by aliens ONCE). Never had a problem. not even denting. I love my mesh. as for shards from bbs shattering against rocks, I wouldn't worry too much. that is very unlikely to fly into your eye. But hey, do what you're comfortable with. they are not 100% like a regular lense, but I've never had a problem.

aaron

Archived