is there anything wrong with the ksc glock 17?

No. Nothing wrong at all. I have one. It's never failed me. Get the metal slide, and when you get the gun (metal slide or not), put a drop of super glue on the front sight (from inside the slide) as they are notorious for falling off.

Aaron

No.  Nothing wrong at all.  I have one.  It's never failed me.  Get the metal slide, and when you get the gun (metal slide or not), put a drop of super glue on the front sight (from inside the slide) as they are notorious for falling off.

Aaron

it comes with a metal slide

Nothing wrong with it, but personally, I'd get the KWA glock 19 from AA.

Cheaper, metal slide and barrel, all round nicer gun.

i was thinking about getting the g19 from wolf (was going to try them both out, but i prefer the g17) none of the glocks on AAs website have metal slides, G_R have you got a link? and i was going to try them both out at wolf.

glock 19 £69

glock 17 £89

both metal slided, don't really mind about the £20 difference, i do prefer the glock 17.

do the mags leek? hows the blowback?

it comes with a metal slide

i was thinking about getting the g19 from wolf (was going to try them both out, but i prefer the g17) none of the glocks on AAs website have metal slides, G_R have you got a link? and i was going to try them both out at wolf.

glock 19 £69

glock 17 £89

both metal slided, don't really mind about the £20 difference, i do prefer the glock 17.

do the mags leek? hows the blowback?

I got tthe G19 due to it having the heavy weight body frame, it gets skirmished every weekend for 10 hours solid...either as primary for pistol games or secondary for Mil-Sim. The only problem i had was when i droped a mag head first onto concrete and it bent the guiding lugs out of place.

Apart from that its a solid gun which works very well.

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=1313

Not hard to find mate......

£64.99 for metal slided goodness. I have two, they are my dual gunning pistols and they are lovely. Never had any issuse with them at all for they are built like tanks.

The only minor niggle is you really need to run them on green otherwise the the slide action is a bit sluggish. On green, the recoil is excellent, crisp and clean.

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=1313

Not hard to find mate......

£64.99 for metal slided goodness. I have two, they are my dual gunning pistols and they are lovely. Never had any issuse with them at all for they are built like tanks.

The only minor niggle is you really need to run them on green otherwise the the slide action is a bit sluggish. On green, the recoil is excellent, crisp and clean.

i didnt think that had a metal slide, i thought it was only the ksc ones (out of ksc and kwa) that had metal slides.

I got tthe G19 due to it having the heavy weight body frame, it gets skirmished every weekend for 10 hours solid...either as primary for pistol games or secondary for Mil-Sim. The only problem i had was when i droped a mag head first onto concrete and it bent the guiding lugs out of place.

Apart from that its a solid gun which works very well.

hmmm do you think the g17 will be much different?

and to both of you, how much shorter is the 19 to the 17?

and can you give me some links to the summer and winter green gas that you use.

I don't think it's even an inch longer. But maybe. anyways, No, no gas leaks. Yes, the blowback is good. Actually some of the best blowback I've seen. It does NOT jam. ever. I've owned the 18c for about 4 years now, and the 17 for 1 year. no problems with either. and that's a long time for the 18c to live.

Aaron

so its ksc that don't have metal slides.

but the one i linked to has a metal slide and its ksc, so whats up with that.

and can you use that gas in summer and winter? and its green right?

so its ksc that don't have metal slides.

but the one i linked to has a metal slide and its ksc, so whats up with that.

and can you use that gas in summer and winter? and its green right?

As far as I can see, the one you linked to does not have a metal slide. Nothing in the description says it does, and any of wolf's metal slided glocks specifically state it.

That's green gas, in plastic slided pistols using it in the summer could lead to damaging the slide.

Put it this way, in today's blazing heat I used green in mine and had no problems.

damn, i didnt actually notice that, i just assumed it did, because it looked like it had one :( . does anyone in the uk sell g17s with metal slides? if so where and how much? is fimo green gas good? at AAs showroom, can you test fire the guns, like at wolf?

if noone sells a g17 w/ metal slide, for a good price, then i'll probably buy the g19.

edit: i found this metal slide do you think thats an ok price? is it a good slide? and how much would it cost for wolf to fit it?

A more significant size difference between the G19 and 17 is the grip length.

Barrel length makes a little difference to accuracy and fps, but the KSC/KWA Glocks are pretty ordinary in the former and good in the latter anyway.

I found the 19 too short in the grip to be comfortable, personally, prefering the longer 17/18/34 grip.

If I ever buy another Glock (unlikely, I think), it'll be a metal slided 34.

Cheers.

The only problem I can see is it's ugly. If you can get past that then i've heard nothing but good things (except the quality of the finish, the one I held was a bit patchy on the edges).

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

glocks are not ugly :angry:

and does anyone know if that slide kit that i showed ealier is good and how much it will cost for wolf to fit it?

Other glocks arnt, but the 17 is a monster, barrel too long and too squared for my liking. I liek the 26 18 19 23 but not the 17.

Anyway, if you like it, people have recommended it so go for it. If your still not sure even after people have said it's good, then trust ur gut thats it's not for you.

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

Other glocks arnt, but the 17 is a monster, barrel too long and too squared for my liking. I liek the 26 18 19 23 but not the 17.

Anyway, if you like it, people have recommended it so go for it. If your still not sure even after people have said it's good, then trust ur gut thats it's not for you.

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

oh btw the 18c is just a glock 17 with automatic and a firing selector on the slide.

I think that the glock sounds great, but now i dont know wether to get the g17 and that metal slide or to get a g19, but it sounds quite alot smaller.

and does anyone know if that slide kit that i showed ealier is good and how much it will cost for wolf to fit it?

That slide will be decent quality. I just bought the same one for my G17 and it's fine. Didn't need any work to make it fit.

As for the price, well, it would appear to be a typical rip-off-britain price. Have a look at this: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...ame%20For%20KSC

As for fitting, well, you need to undo one screw, remove the GBB chamber and swap it acoss to the new slide.

You then need to press out the rear sight and fit it to place on the new slide.

You then need to use a pair of needle-pint pliers to dislodge the front sight, swap it across to the new slide and glue it in place.

You'll also have to push the pin out of the guide rod, fit the new spring and rebuild the guide rod.

All in all, it takes about 5 minutes to do. Expect to pay about £30. <_<

Erm...

So you're saying the G17 is too big and long for you but the G18 is ok?

Right... :unsure:

That slide will be decent quality. I just bought the same one for my G17 and it's fine. Didn't need any work to make it fit.

As for the price, well, it would appear to be a typical rip-off-britain price. Have a look at this: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...ame%20For%20KSC

As for fitting, well, you need to undo one screw, remove the GBB chamber and swap it acoss to the new slide.

You then need to press out the rear sight and fit it to place on the new slide.

You then need to use a pair of needle-pint pliers to dislodge the front sight, swap it across to the new slide and glue it in place.

You'll also have to push the pin out of the guide rod, fit the new spring and rebuild the guide rod.

All in all, it takes about 5 minutes to do. Expect to pay about £30.  <_<

Erm...

So you're saying the G17 is too big and long for you but the G18 is ok?

Right...  :unsure:

did you order yours from wgc? if so, how much did it cost to buy it and get it over here? has it got full trades? and so it would cost me £30 for wolf to fit it on top of the £... that it cost? i have had no experience with gbbs or the likes, so is it hard to do? should i do it myself or get them to do it?

Not too big, I have very harge hands so that wouldnt matter.

The fact is, the 18c has a sexy vented barrel. The g17 is too plain, the G18 is chunkier and heavier anyway, from what i've held. Unless i was holding a non KWC/A version which is different. (I have an very expensive surplus store near me which sells this stuff. They want 100 quid for the metal slided G19 :|)

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

did you order yours from wgc? if so, how much did it cost to buy it and get it over here? has it got full trades? and so it would cost me £30 for wolf to fit it on top of the £... that it cost? i have had no experience with gbbs or the likes, so is it hard to do? should i do it myself or get them to do it?

I ordered the slide as part of a much bigger order so the postage wasn't an issue. If you were to order it alone then it probably wouldn't be worthwhile.

The hardest part of the job is removing the front sight from the old frame carefully, so it doesn't break.

Really, it's a VERY easy job, though. I'd suggest you buy it, try to fit it and then, as long as you don't break anything, send it all to Wolf if you can't manage it.

The G17 slide has full trademarks, as does the metal outer barrel if you get that as well. See pic for more details.

I ordered the slide as part of a much bigger order so the postage wasn't an issue. If you were to order it alone then it probably wouldn't be worthwhile.

The hardest part of the job is removing the front sight from the old frame carefully, so it doesn't break.

Really, it's a VERY easy job, though. I'd suggest you buy it, try to fit it and then, as long as you don't break anything, send it all to Wolf if you can't manage it.

The G17 slide has full trademarks, as does the metal outer barrel if you get that as well. See pic for more details.

well i think it comes with a metal barrel (in the metal slide + barrel set) well i was going there to get my aps2 fixed anyway, so i think i'll buy it, try it and then if i cant do it, give it to them when i collect my aps2. But the only thing is, is that i don't want to break my first gbb trying to upgrade it, because i don't really have the money to do get it fixed as-well. Would it be easy for a fist timer though. I've never taken a gun apart (not airsoft anyway) is it simply just taking the original slide off, swapping something and then putting the new slide on and then swappig the sights?

Edit: thanks for all the help so far on the slide hissing_sid

Not that much, and trust me that link shows you the metal slide. Its KSC that don't have the metal slides as standard.

Read the review of that gun and you'll see.

The G17 is about an inch longer, IIRC.

I use this gas, all the time http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=1157

roughly how logn does that gas last you, how many mags?

because i was going to get from AA...

1xkwa glock 17

2x3000 round goldfire bottle

2xglock 17 mags

1xhfc green gas 1l

do you think i'll need to buy two cans of gas or one?

and does this one have a metal slide? kwa glock 17

and why do you think it has the barrel poking out the end? i've never seen that on a glock, well not on one that didnt have a threaded barrel.

Archived