FAMAS SV Grenade Launcher - XM-PB4

Minty_Fresh

Hi This is my first post here so no :flamed::)

I have purchased my new FAMAS SV :D and i was wondering about a grenade launcher

for the handguard

I was wondering which launchers fire the grenades from MadBull as i have heard they are great :P and also do they fit the FAMAS SV handguard, or an adaptor maybe? thanks :)

note: I have'nt done my avie or my sig yet so be patient:)

Hi This is my first post here so no  :flamed:  :)

I have purchased my new FAMAS SV  :D and i was wondering about a grenade launcher

for the handguard

I was wondering which launchers fire the grenades from MadBull as i have heard they are great :P and also do they fit the FAMAS SV handguard, or an adaptor maybe? thanks :)

note: I have'nt done my avie or my sig yet so be patient:)

Well IIRC correctly another member called Boba fett done this, mounted a grenade launcher under a F1, ive managed to mount a long barreld sun project M203 grenade launcher .. the key rule is to spread the weight of it out as grenade launchers are quite a heavy piece of kit.

What i used was a set of G36 rails, mounted one on the foregrip (not handguard) by putting a simple nut, washer then bolt as the washer spreads the weight of it, another thing to ask yourself here is are you going to use it, while they look nice are they suitable for your style of play.

What version of the mad bull grenade launcher are you mounting long barrel or short barrel?

Good luck with it :)

I have added RIS on my Famas foregrip too, but i wouldnt mount any big grenade launcher on it (M203 for example), as the weight of those may damage the foregrip in the long term, i think the Mosquito Mini launcher and the Madbull XM203 (Short) may be the only 2 that is safe to mount on the Famas.......if that help matey... :):):):)

Well i managed to mount a sun project gas grenade launcher on my one, .. i just spread the weight so that it didnt break.

The short barreld grenade launcher is pretty effective but doesnt have the range of it, .. long barrel, goes further shorter, less further thats how it works, .. oh btw i have used the GB-TECH rubber slugs in mine .. they go like a dream

Thanks for all your replys

im a bit of a newbie when it comes to airsoft :)

how would you go about mounting the XM203-Long to the FAMS-SV and offsetting the weight? :huh:

thanks

Ok to offset the weight, you need to thread onto the bolt something like a washer, ... this spreads it out over a area, .. might not be much to look but it certainly offsets the weight, and also dont forget once you hold the rifle, you'll be holding the grenade launcher as well so that takes some weight off it. :)

Well, okay... mine is directly mounted to the handguard

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...pe=post&id=9166

I used a little bit of hot-melt adhesive and added three M5 screws with nuts and washer to spread the weight.

But don´t be to afraid about the weight cause mounting a launcher also changes the position of your front hand ;)

Easiest way is a RIS panel screwed to the handguard.

yup, that's what I'm doing right now . . . here's an early picture (still tidying stuff up). Bear in mind that the SV has a big thingy sticking down in the front which you'll need to cut down a bit with a hacksaw to get a big launcher like the m203 to fit flush :)

pwnage.jpg

• 4 months later...
He wants to use madbull granates, not their launcher.

Meh dunno how that would work :blink:

Gaffa Tape maybe? and a tiny gnome hammer :)

(That would be soo cool! you could just go *Tink* and it would be away, minimal installation :P )

yup, that's what I'm doing right now . . . here's an early picture (still tidying stuff up). Bear in mind that the SV has a big thingy sticking down in the front which you'll need to cut down a bit with a hacksaw to get a big launcher like the m203 to fit flush :)

*Image* Robot 2000's FAMAS with M203 *Image*

As I said nice work

You could also mark out where the hand guard sticks "Down" (Right Wording? :rolleyes: )

and just round file the mark out bit away because the sun project M203 has that bit of extra metal at the top, don't know about the XM203 (Madbull) anyone got one?

Minty

• 4 weeks later...

Regretting the purchase of a FAMAS, you must not

There is not much difference between the two as you probably know

wouldn't it be easyer to mount an M203/XM203 to a F1 because of the more space between end of handguard and beggining of trigger guard?

also if you find the trigger guard to small I've seen someone who has cut it off before.

Good choise with the FAMAS brand (Insert Chessy Smile Here)

Archived