G18C AEP Metal slide?

DarkLite

It'll make the gun weigh more? Meh, I seem to be the only guy who can't understand why SOCOM NBB owners want a metal slide, so I'm not able to help on this either.

:zorro:

nope, i don't get it either :unsure:

Ah, I forgot. Metal on a gun:

- Makes it more powerful

- Makes your penis bigger

- Makes ladies tear off their clothes and dance in front of you

- Makes you a sexual tyrannosaurus. Like me.

I feel foolish for forgetting all that.

Really, hmm :unsure: i wonder

*goes to look at metal slide*

It'll make the gun weigh more? Meh, I seem to be the only guy who can't understand why SOCOM NBB owners want a metal slide, so I'm not able to help on this either.

I love it when people come over all common-sensible about metal slides on NBBs. :D

Since when has anybody given a f**k about practicality in airsoft?

Remind me, again, why we need metal receivers on P90s, M4s and MP5s?

I'll be honest, I DO want a metal slide for my Marui Mk23. I reckon it'd make it feel a LOT better in your hand and that's a good enough reason for me.

Same thing goes for the Marui AEP. A metal slide is pointless but it'll make the gun look and feel a bit nicer. What's the problem?

Um, I don't give a monkey's about metal receivers on P90s, M4s or MP5s, either. :unsure:

But, given that companies like CA, G&P and G&G are making a living out of knocking off Marui designs and flogging the same part in metal, you'd agree that there ARE lots of people who DO give a monkey's?

[edit]

TBH, I've fitted metal slides to every gun I own and I've never once thought to myself "I'm doing this so it'll run more reliably on green gas and so that it'll last longer."

I fit them cos they look and feel good.

Brilliant. It solves the problem of the slide not locking back owing to the notch on the plastic slide wearing down. Pretty practical, methinks. :)

Right.

And that'd be the reason you bought it?

Or, alternatively, I could go back to the thread where you say the Marui HiCapa is more reliable than the HFC one and prove you wrong in that instead.

Take your pick. :P

That's the reason I bought it. The gun still worked reliably, it just didn't lock back. Prior to buying the slide, I researched and found that I seem to have been unlucky in this regard, with no other Hi Capa users reporting this problem. The TM gun is CLEARLY superior to the full metal knockoffs on everything I've seen thus far.

Bring it on. ;)

That's the reason I bought it. The gun still worked reliably, it just didn't lock back. Prior to buying the slide, I researched and found that I seem to have been unlucky in this regard, with no other Hi Capa users reporting this problem. The TM gun is CLEARLY superior to the full metal knockoffs on everything I've seen thus far.

Bring it on. ;)

Out of interest, what slide did you but and how much was it?

Just curious.

I still maintain that a whole industry exists to supply metal parts and guns to people who just want fancier looking stuff so there is a valid reason for it.

Must admit, I think everybody feels the same way you do to some extent. Personally I get the hump big-time when I see 1001 different bloody WA slides and not a single damned one for the Marui Mk23. Would it kill Zeke to make a Mk23 slide instead of a 6" Kimber slide with milled sides and vertical grip plates as opposed to the 6" Kimber slide with milled sides and diagonal grip plates which is below it on the WGC site? :angry:

Damn straight. How come there's about three thousand metal slides and frames for WA guns, but when I want one for my KSC M945 (because it's a little too light, and there's lingering concerns about running it on green) there's one bloody metal body kit? Surely if they made slides for more guns, more people would buy them and the cost would come down? Oh, wait. This is airsoft. Silly me.

Anyhoo, the slide was $100 from WGC here. Got it becasue I wanted a black one without the grip bit at the front of the slide as well as the back, and this was the only one. Plus, there's a pretty picture of an Eagle on it. :D

It's very simple. It looks and feels better.

You guys just don't think that matters  :P

I concur! Its all about the realism and fun in airsofting, not practicality!

Metal rules! (unless in real steal the gun is not metal e.g. UMP,G36 e.t.c)

Hehe. I'd like to thank all of you that are buying metal slides for your ebbs, I mean AEPs (oops, sorry to let that one slip). You have thoroughly amused me.

So "it's all about the realism" huh? it's an AEP! No realism intended. I'd rather get a KSC G18C for LESS MONEY, and it will already be more realistic. The clip (that's right, I said clip) will be the right size and the slide will move. You want the gun to feel realistic? Then don't get an AEP! I mean seriously! I understand putting a metal slide on a NBB, but an AEP? That's just silly. It's a glorified squirt gun!

Oh well, it's your money.

*goes in garage to forge a metal reciever for Super Soaker 50*

Aaron

<_<

Archived