Guarder P226 Slide & Frame $120!

nikoneko

Guarder's P226 Slide AND Frame is going for $120.00USD(and that's MSRP-HK retailers will be cheaper). But before you get excited, there's a bit of a catch...it's in the raw...meaning you have to "paint" it yourself And you got to do a little bit of "Planish" as they say. So it's cheaper than Prime but you got to do a bit of work...

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_produc...p?idproduct=716

"So it's die-cast? Forget that."

So is the engine block on your car. Not a big deal if the metal quality is there.. Guarder should be good to go.

As far as "instructions on how to fix their *suitcasey* casting job", Prime allready has a kit that's ready to slap on, so that's an option... but the part that's "getting fixed" looks to be the blowback chamber. Just means they kept the tollerance very high, and it needs to be hand fitted.

Personally, I love the chance to hand fit and build/refinish, so I'm ecstatic that there is a kit like this from a reputable manufacturer... especially at this price, and for what is allready a great gun for it's price point also.

not everyones cup of tea... but I'm ecstatic. :)

"So it's die-cast? Forget that."

So is the engine block on your car. Not a big deal if the metal quality is there.. Guarder should be good to go.

As far as "instructions on how to fix their *suitcasey* casting job", Prime allready has a kit that's ready to slap on, so that's an option... but the part that's "getting fixed" looks to be the blowback chamber. Just means they kept the tollerance very high, and it needs to be hand fitted.

Personally, I love the chance to hand fit and build/refinish, so I'm ecstatic that there is a kit like this from a reputable manufacturer... especially at this price, and for what is allready a great gun for it's price point also.

not everyones cup of tea... but I'm ecstatic. :)

exactly. . .also, for $120 for both frame and slide? You just can't beat that coming esp when the Creation slide/barrel cost that much. Definitely will sell more than the Prime kit because Guarder's marketing for the masses. . those who want a CNCed kit (few) will invest into the Prime one.

Having fired a real p226, I can tell you it's not light at all. The frame and slide are both made of steel and it really feels heavy when you compare it to a Glock. FYI, the lightest gun I've ever handled is the FN Five-Seven. It's ridiculously toy like when I lifted it.

Regarding this new Guarder kit. Tis a shame it is Die-cast. Die-cast metal doesn't have as high a tensile strength as machine cut extruded aluminum and the finish is quite porous and rough. It still should be much better than the cheap-*albatross* plastic TM shipped..

allright, just a quick one.

"Die-casting is similar to permanent mold casting except that the metal is injected into the mold under high pressure of 10-210Mpa (1,450-30,500) psi . This results in a more uniform part, generally good surface finish and good dimensional accuracy, as good as 0.2 % of casting dimension. For many parts, post-machining can be totally eliminated, or very light machining may be required to bring dimensions to size. "

PGC's frames and slides, TM's plastic and all the metal, and every part of a WA 1911... die cast, possibly even lost wax.

if a cast part comes out porous of rough, then either the metal or the mold was not up to temperature. Don't confuse die casting with a poured sand cast.

also, I cant seem to find any mention of the casting/forming process used on Guarders website. I may have missed that.

BTW... the 226 has an alloy frame.

deepsix, gooseman: The standard P226 has an aluminum frame but SIG Sauer also make versions with a steel frame.

With high temperature and pressure and good molds the result of a die cast part is definitely not porous. As deepsix said, they make die cast engine blocks on cars nowadays!

I'll rather have a kit that you have to fit a little yourself, than a kit that's all loose and rattles. Considering how easy it is to sand and polish critical surfaces on aluminum, it's really no big deal. The best race guns (real steel) are always hand fitted and tuned.

-Sale

erm... im so confused about all the die cast stuff.

the black kit that guarder just released, that one doens't have to be painted does it?

:huh:

I would buy the black kit at that price, after all the Creation slide is $115. Now if it turns out good, what do do with my Creation slide? Maybe I'll just buy another P226... ;)

Archived