How to take down TM MP5 by Sid.

Arnie,

Here's a topic I would like you to make sticky. I've seen it asked 5 times in a week and generally wasted a lot of Sid's time pasting and stuff. I could never find this with searching myself so I can't blame noobs not searching. Here's Sid's steps. Thanks a lot.

> Remove rear receiver pin.

> Remove stock. - Disconnect wires into stock if applicable.

> Remove foregrip pin, foregrip and battery (if applicable).

> Loosen grub-screw under right-hand fire selector. Remove fire selector levers.

> Remove O-ring from Hop-up lever. Remove hop-up lever.

> Remove rear sight.

> Remove 2 screws from pistol grip heel plate.

> Remote heel plate and collect motor shim from underneath it.

> Disconnect wires from motor. Remove motor - Note orientation of motor (sticker to left or right side).

> Look inside pistol grip. Remove 2 screws inside.

> Remove front receiver pin.

> Pull down and back on trigger group (lower receiver) and it should come free.

> Undo screw in front of receiver - the one through the collar over the inner barrel.

> Pull cocking tube forward and remove. Inner barrel will stay attached to receiver.

> Remove allen screw from rear of magwell and from rear of receiver.

> Receiver halves will not come apart.

> Remove 2 screws from hop-up. Hop up and inner barrel will now come free.

>

> Job done.

Added to the Thread FAQ here ( http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...indpost&p=90469 )

I have presently linked it to this thread, but if you can send me the original thread this information was held in, I will add that link instead ;)

I will soon be reorganizing the essential thread index anyway to make it easier to find. ;)

Arnie,

Here's a topic I would like you to make sticky.  I've seen it asked 5 times in a week and generally wasted a lot of Sid's time pasting and stuff.

Ooooh.

I'm flattered.

Just to let you know, though. There's no copying and pasting going on. It's all up here you know (tapping forehead). ;)

Seriously, maybe there should be an official "How to pull a gun apart" thread?

I'd suggest starting off by stickying a thread asking for susmissions - Idiot-proof bullet-pointed guides to how to pull a gun apart.

Once you've got a bunch of them add them to another stickied-and-locked post in the tech forum which contains all the guides so far AND tells readers how to add more (by PMing them to a mod).

Ooooh.

I'm flattered.

Just to let you know, though. There's no copying and pasting going on. It's all up here you know (tapping forehead). ;)

Seriously, maybe there should be an official "How to pull a gun apart" thread?

I'd suggest starting off by stickying a thread asking for susmissions - Idiot-proof bullet-pointed guides to how to pull a gun apart.

Once you've got a bunch of them add them to another stickied-and-locked post in the tech forum which contains all the guides so far AND tells readers how to add more (by PMing them to a mod).

That's a great suggestion. There aren't a lot of guides out there, and being able to submit takedowns of different models would definitely be very helpful.

• 1 year later...