Anyone just see Stargate SG1 tonight?

TMC

Well, it was stated that the gate had first opened when SG1 went through.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw AKs... At least use something obscure that casual fans wouldn't notice... like Pancor Jackhammers or HK G11s. AK47s are so goddamn well known...

Yeah but they look real lo-tech and the world was a post industrial (1950's) so it would fit. I do however agree that the AK is a little to well known, they should hve chosen something else. STG 44's would have been good, who'd recognise one of them? or the Beretta AR70?

So did anyone recognise Soren's sidearm?

yeah - the Timecop handgun [modded beretta] is used in just about every sci-fi piece these days.

thats probably the 5th outing i've seen it in other than the original timecop.

obviously a favourite amongst film & tv armourers or prop buyers..

interesting ep tho - i spent the first 4/5ths thinking that jackson was actually being lied to and that they were really sorens men trying to get daniel to reveal something or that the country [drang or whatever it was called] had decided to use soren as a cover story to again get daniel to reveal stuff, get weapons from earth etc..

maybe i read too many conspiracy theories..

interestingly the trailer for next weeks episode of Battlestar Galactica had them brandishing white or silver-painted L85/SA80's, without the susat or iron sights.

which is following on from them using P90's this week and anime MN-23's and Type-0 Raisens in the mini-series..

couldnt identify the hand guns tho ..

interestingly the trailer for next weeks episode of Battlestar Galactica had them brandishing white or silver-painted L85/SA80's, without the susat or iron sights.

which is following on from them using P90's this week and anime MN-23's and Type-0 Raisens in the mini-series..

couldnt identify the hand guns tho ..

Im sure they were TM aswell rather than the blank fireers as the wer all rised out with a mod TaQ would be proud of

Yet more reasons to hate the new Galactica. At least the original series used decent props, instead of painting chuffing SA80s!  :angry:

do guys even kno what a SA80 looks like :angry: , they were not pianted sa80s <_< , more like cheap toys guns :mellow: , leave teh SA80 alone, its a good rifle and i would'nt swap it for the world B)

do guys even kno what a SA80 looks like  :angry: , they were not pianted sa80s  <_< , more like cheap toys guns  :mellow: , leave teh SA80 alone, its a good rifle and i would'nt swap it for the world  B)

I do.

Thats why i posted i'd seen them using it in a trailer for BSG.

And, as i said, without iron sights or a susat, and seemingly painted.

Have you even seen what i was talking about? if not then shut up.

its being used as a sci-fi prop - no-one has said the real gun is being used - unless its been modded in the same way guns are for theatrical purposes - I would say that its most likely an airsoft SA80/L85 - a) looked like A1 style cocking lever as featured on current airsoft versions of pre-A1 L85's, b ) it looked like it had been painted - but the shape, receiver, foregrip, flashhider etc were unmistakably an L85/SA80.

I guess we'll have to see in the next epsiode..

I do.

Thats why i posted i'd seen them using it in a trailer for BSG.

And, as i said, without iron sights or a susat, and seemingly painted.

Have you even seen what i was talking about? if not then shut up.

its being used as a sci-fi prop - no-one has said the real gun is being used - unless its been modded in the same way guns are for theatrical purposes - I would say that its most likely an airsoft SA80/L85 - a) looked like A1 style cocking lever as featured on current airsoft versions of pre-A1 L85's, b ) it looked like it had been painted - but the shape, receiver, foregrip, flashhider etc were unmistakably an L85/SA80.

I guess we'll have to see in the next epsiode..

i do kno what im talking about, i suggest u look closer <_< , i work with the SA80 often so i kno what im on about, <_<

WTF is your problem?

i said i'd seen it used in a trailer for an episode of BSG.

whats the issue with "i know the gun for real, so ner ner" ???

i'm not talking about the real fricken gun being used in the trailer!!

its a movie prop!

i know you know what youre talking about, but its entirely irrelevent.

I also know that I know what I'm talking about, and its certainly not about what youre blathering on about.

get over it.

Archived