Utg MP5 AEG

So I get home from school today (thinking about my mp5 all day) and then, on my doorstep I see...nothing :angry: . I wait around till about 5:00, then I go to my garage to get a drink. There it is, right in my garage. :D

So I get inside and open it up. Stand around for awhile looking at everything it comes with. Once I realize that I'm just wasting time, I start charging the battery. Now, to fool around with the gun. I'm picking up everything (gun has nice weight, supposed to be .25 pound lighter than marui, but I dont have a marui mp5 so I wouldn't know) The build quality is really nice, doesn't feel like that horrible springer plastic. The grip/lower reciever, and some other parts feel nicer than the plastic on my tm ak47 spetz. The rest of the gun feels about the same.

The rear sight has the 4 adjustable rear sight settings. For anyone who doesnt have an mp5, you probably already know the "ghost ring" (the one thats O shaped). There are two of those,one is bigger or smaller. There two settings that are pretty much like the O shaped ones, but they extend up to the top, there is a skinny one and a not skinny one.

I've hk slapped it a few times (locking the bolt back then hitting it down so it flies foreward) Doesn't seem to do anthing bad, but its not my fault if yours breaks ;) .

The battery is in the foregrip, I'll probably mod it to the back and use the full stock, or get a battery pack and just strap it to the gun/rectractable stock. I personally don't like batteries in the foregrip, simply because I'm bad at changing them <_< .

It's got an ambidextrous (pretty sure thats the word...) selector switch. Let me say that a very light tap will get it from safe to single, and it clicks into that well, but it isnt hard at all to get it on full auto.

I put in the battery and started to shoot it. Wow, Very nice. Hop up is a little switch that sticks out of the foregrip. Easy to access (unlike my ak where you have to hold the bolt back) and easy to adjust. It doesn't sound as good as my spetz, But it sounds really nice. More on the shooting later...

I noticed that the mag release was kinda hard, but it's starting to loosen up after a few minutes of just pushing it over and over again. I really like how this gun looks. I never really cared much for mp5s (didn't hate them , just didn't really like them) besides the k, but this has changed my mind.

I'm having trouble rectracting the stock, didn't understand the directions. Any help?

When I picked up the solid stock, I noticed it was heavy, and there was something in there. I was confused, so i took off the butt plate to see what it was. Something wrapped in tape, it was the shape of those gold bars you see in movies/tv/whatever. I jokingly said to my mom "hey, I guess I win a gold prize for being a special customer", and sure enough, REAL GOLD!!!ONEONEONE+SHIFT, MY PARENTS DONT WIN THE LOTTERY, I DO! Wait, thats not gold...thats....cement? Yes, cement in my stock. Need more weight...get cement blocks? Hmmmmm

Now shooting it...Put the battery in (took me forever cause i'm bad with mp5/m4 foregrip batteries, and probably any other foregrip battery out there) started shooting. The joy of shooting a new aeg...priceless. Very easy to tell when its out, you won't be shootin blanks and not realizing it, unless you couldn't hear it. All of a sudden i hear a noise. It's almost like...shooting with nothing moving inside. Uh-oh...grinded gears already? So i put the battery back in and it turns out it was just dead. I couldnt wait long enough to shoot more than 5 minutes :unsure: . Shots don't go through the bottom of a can, but in the side of one it will either go through one end and dent the other, or bounce off the side, but still put a hole in it.

Well, I'm gonna go take some pics...turns out i am going to florida, so i'll take the pics then upload them on my grandparents computer and finish the rest of the review. Sorry I couldn't get pics on here yet...Lots of big pictures to come tommarow, and more about the gun. If you have any questions just ask and I will answer them tommarow. I'm gonna bring my mp5 to florida (my new travel aeg :D ) so i'll be able to take more pics and stuff like that. Thats all for now...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking some pictures right now, they'll be up as soon as I get them uploaded. Shao, yeah the battery was dead, I only charged it for about 5 minutes that time... And like zhang said, they are the mp5k dual clamped mags (well, it's one mag) and the hold 150. It comes with two, and like the TM one they load from either mag.

Here is some pic of the can I shot from a few inches away:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/Jordan74/100_0318.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/Jordan74/100_0326.jpg

Open up the box...

100_0327.jpg

What you get:

Mp5 with rectractable stock installed

Full stock

(2) Mp5k "dual" 150 rd hicap mag (I've heard you can put around 230 rounds in them, but I can't verify that)

Dual rail claw mount (one rail on top, one on the side...looks like the one on the side is removable)

Sling (on the gun in the picture)

8.4 1100mah (iirc) Battery (not shown in pic, it's in the gun)

Battery charger (trickle)

Tools for removing scews

Loading/Unjamming rod

Extra screw for the mount

If you order from ShortyUSA you get a Star 30rd full size mp5 locap

Note: Loading tool in top of pic is NOT included

Pics with rectractable stock, all 3 positions, included hicap and a lowcap shown:

100_0335.jpg

100_0329.jpg

100_0336.jpg

100_0331.jpg

100_0333.jpg

(Above Reddot sight and Laser sight NOT included)

Well, I'm off to put the full stock on and take more pics, i'll post them tonight!

While looking at the manual i realized theres some errors. First, it always says "with a flathead screwdriver..." and the pics show a flathead screw. However, on mine at least, all the screws are phillips. No big deal though. Also, instead of "fig 4.10" it says "fag 4.10"

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/Jordan74/100_0342.jpg

Full stock:

100_0344.jpg

100_0345.jpg

100_0349.jpg

100_0348.jpg

Yeah, only the orange flashhider is included. Its not glued on though, if that matters to anyone. You could take it off and paint it (a different shade of orange of coure.... ;) ) or just buy another one. Metal parts are sliding stock supports, cocking handle seems too be metal, trigger, selecter switch seems metal, and the whole mag system (release, catch, etc) is metal.

The rear sight may be metal, the front sight is definatly plastic, but you can buy ca/tm/ics parts if you want, and with the metal ca cocking tube (pretty sure the mp5 one comes with a front sight) it's still cheaper than a marui. Mags are plastic, but the clamp part of them is metal.

All these parts i'm not sure about are either metal (different metal from the parts i'm sure, but still great quality) or really good plastic. As I said before, the lower reciever is VERY nice quality. The only plastic part that doesn't feel really good (the rest is obviously plastic, but it's nothing to be upset about) is the front sight. It feels kinda like springer plastic, just not as bad. It's pretty sturdy though, I don't think it would break off unless you really tried to break it. You won't be touching that anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

My little brother is kinda getting into airsoft. He's got a spring pistol, spring revolver, and ebb. We were at walmart and he wanted to get one of those cybergun spas 12s, but I told him we would just order a utg shotty cause it's only like $3 more expensive and WAY better quality. When that gets in ill compare the material on that to my mp5.

The scope mount came with the gun, It's a dual railed claw mount

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/hurri...5_mount_jpg.jpg

looks like that, but with a rail on the side too. The TM one looks like it wouldn't block the sights either

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/tm_hk...w_mount_jpg.jpg

I'll take that cocking tube+front sight off your hands for you :D

To me it sounds kinda like a marui, just alot louder. I didn't realize how loud it was until I fired it right after my spetz before I left. I'll see how the accuracy is when I get home, only place too shoot here is a 10m range, but you can only use lead pellet guns :(