New SIIS Walther P99

BigAl

Very nice news. I´m glad they have chosen to manufacture a somewhat off-mainstream GBB, rather than generic Beretta M92 or Glock. Who knows what other GBBs they will replicate in the future (fingers crossed for more off-mainstream GBBs, like i.e. their version of Browning HiPower... ;) )?!

It´s also encouraging that this is their second GBB release in relatively short period. Maybe we´ll see more interesting products from them in near future.

Really. And since this is a japanese company, quality might be good.

I just wonder what kind of durability and reliability we're talking about here.. in any case, there probably won't be many spare/aftermarket parts available for these babies.

KWC bodied?

Isn't the SIIS DE supposed to be a KWC bodied gun with WA internals?

My SIIS DE has a nicer finish than the TM one, but it's not as substantial (The TM has lots of metal UNDER that plastic exterior), although it's no featherweight.

KWC's springers are pretty well made, imo, but whether they are simply using existing springer mouldings with GBB internals remains to be seen (and seems a BIT unlikely)

Still, if they're going to release GBB version of the other springers, I'll FINALLY get my full size S&W auto (two weeks after they introduce the VCR Bill, no doubt :( )

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

So wait....I'm ASSUMING the frame will be springer ABS or "polymer" and the slide will be metal? Please say the slide will be metal.... don't need another plastic Maruzen destroying itself on green gas.

Any idea when this would hit the states, if at all?

Yeah, why are you expecting/hoping for metal?

I would expect it to be ABS, but something more substantial than TM's ABS, as the Desert Eagle feels and looks like it's closer to the KSC/WA heavyweight plastic than TM's shiney plastic.

As for hitting the States, has the Desert Eagle arrived yet? If not, don't expect the P990 in a hurry. I've not seen the SIIS guns for sale other than on HK sites.

Oh, and if it's matters to you, the SIIS website doesn't show any Walther trades on the gun, unlike the lovely Maruzen.

Cheers.

Yeah, why are you expecting/hoping for metal?

I would expect it to be ABS, but something more substantial than TM's ABS, as the Desert Eagle feels and looks like it's closer to the KSC/WA heavyweight plastic than TM's shiney plastic.

As for hitting the States, has the Desert Eagle arrived yet? If not, don't expect the P990 in a hurry. I've not seen the SIIS guns for sale other than on HK sites.

Oh, and if it's matters to you, the SIIS website doesn't show any Walther trades on the gun, unlike the lovely Maruzen.

Cheers.

Not a chairsofter just yet, but getting there, thanks. So trademarks don't matter TOO much to me :)

I am hoping for metal so....we can use green gas without cringing after every trigger pull? :)

Off topic but my Maruzen P99 seems to work OK on green. Must admit, it doesn't get used that often (cos the mags are incapable of feeding BBs one at a time for more than half a dozen shots at a time) but it seems to be holding up OK.

There's quite a bit of jiggery pokery goes into the functional decocker and indicator.

I can't really imagine a chinese company bothering to invent those features for themselves so, unless it's a copy of the maruzen one, I doubt it'll have them.

Course, that's pure speculation.

Archived