AK47 to be the next AEG by UTG!

staticzero

First off is the: UTG MP5 Spring gun. Its literally the EXACT same gun as the AEG, but in spring gun! The mechbox is non-electric and uses a spring cocking mechanism. That, along with a lower price (TBA), is the only difference. It takes Marui compatible magazines, parts, etc. I'm not exactly sure if it can be upgraded with Systema parts though. I'll have to find out next time.

Second release... (drum roll).... UTG AK-47 AEG !! Full size, Marui clone AK47 ! Takes same parts, upgrades, mags, etc as the Marui gun. Awesome !!! The first version will be a full stock model. Not sure if they'll have a folding stock one, but who cares?! Its nice to see such a killer gun coming out so soon. ETA and price are not available yet.

I don't know when these will be available for purchase as of yet. I would expect them to be online around, say, November? Maybe, just depends on transit times from China. I was told they would be here for the Christmas holidays.

If my UTG MP5 proves solid, I'm down. I always wanted an AK 'just to have', and for certain game scenarios. Plus, Star makes AK lowcaps! Bonus... :)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. How come there are clones of EVERYTHING I bought for airsoft!!!

My TM M4A1 (SRC M4A1), TM Hi Capa with metal slide (WE Hi Capa), Maruzen CA870 (UTG shotgun), now my TM AK47......

Good thing my AK47 has metal body, hahaha, take that UTG.

I'm guessing so can they. Whatever happened to copyright?

NOOOOOO.

Copyright laws only apply in it's own country, like US copyright laws can only interfere the sales of cloned products within US. That's why US can't tell Marui to stop producing replica with trademarks. US can't only pressure the Japanese government to step in. Same with China, if China doesn't want to comply to US copyright laws, US can't do anything except give them more pressure.

Well, they are making a springer version of the mp5, but the utg mp5 i have is an aeg.

Spring gun that takes aeg magazines...pretty cool. I might get one and just sling it around my back for a backup, price will be low so who cares if i break it :D

I take it the ak won't have a metal upper reciever?

Please read up. AEG = electric (so far they have mp5 and Ak47), springer = spring powered (so far a shotgun and a mp5 clone-of-clone [i think they also have some pistols])

And no it will not be metal, how you think the prices are so low :P ? But Iv heard the plastic is really high quality... pisshhh....

I dont mind plastic though! (I luckly got my mp5 for $80 :blink: , too bad they got mad at airsoft atlanta for lowering the price...)

A lot of people seem to be missing a key detail...

The UTG AK-47 will be an AEG! NOT a springer!

It will be a direct copy of a TM AK, just like UTG's recently released MP5 AEG is a copy of the TM MP5.

Also for further clarity, UTG already makes an MP5 AEG, which as I said is a copy of the TM MP5. Now they're coming out with a springer version that's just like the AEG, but in spring form. Only the internals will be different. Body parts, mags, all will be TM-compatible.

I hope that clears things up! :)

Archived