MP5K On green

Krazy L

are they really that bad of guns?

Honestly, I love shattering myths about stuff and telling people their opinions are wrong (in case you hadn't noticed ;)) but the Maruzen MP5K is as bad as every rumour or anecdote you've ever heard.

The gun is fiddly and unreliable and, to make things worse, the mags are just as bad.

I know 2 people who own them (both constantly in shops for repair or "adjustment") and I know 2 other guys who use them at skirmish. Well, when I say "use" them I mean they bring them, try to shoot them and then put them back in the car.

I dunno. If you absolutely gotta have a gas MP5 then buy one but be prepared to be infuriated by it.

If you just want a gas SMG then an M11 is (pretty much) the only way to go.

Like I've said before...It IS possible

Green puts stress on a few parts of the gun:

-- The loading muzzle

This peice slips off of its detent when used with higher pressure gases.

To remedy this, get the Guarder Enhanced Loading Muzzle

--The recoil spring....theres is a simple fix that involves installing a washer at the end of the recoil rod so that the spring recoiling under green gas does not damage the back of the gun.

BOTH of these^^ are available at the link below

|

|

|

V

For the complete list of accessories that can turn ur MP5K from a crappy HFC134A run POS to a HFC22/Green Gas monster:

Go to www.dentrinityshop.com

and click search keyword....type in "Maruzen MP5K" and click search...2 pages full of internal and external upgrades. Almost all are in stock.

Unfortunately, yes. The internals simply aren't durable enough to live on without fault. Unless you do that metal internal conversion that R22 (I believe) did. The guy sure deserves kudos; I simply don't have the resources and time to do such an operation, though I'm sure his success was with much reward.

e.-spelling

And all of the upgrades on the dentrinity links posted above do not remove the strain placed on the gun - they just move it to other places on the gun.

The maruzen MP5K's owned by R22 have had those upgrades, and guess what? They've self destructed.

MP5K's cannot be made to be reliable on green gas. They are nice guns when used on 134a for plinking, but they are pretty much impossible to make skirmish worthy.

Sorry dude.

Man i have been tell you for a month that they cant run green.

eat my bum ;)

Besides, R22 is about to step in.....

any1 with a green gas capable upgraded Maruzen MP5K!

I will trade a TM MP5 with a 350 fps upgrade, 9.6V 1500 mAh custom battery(fits in the foregrip) and 7 mags for it!

Man Ghost Rider...what a provocative side you are standing on...i mean c'mon, a negative rep point?? what an <SNIP>

EDIT by R22: Insulting other forum members, and deliberately mis-spelling profanities to get past the language filter, are BOTH practices that are against forum rules. Please read the forum rules before posting again.

But I know 2 ppl who have upgraded with JUST the guarder enhanced loading muzzle and can run the damned thing on RED gas.....

Every user with an gas k that I have ever encountered has bemoaned it's reliability. Not to be harsh, but I'm not entirely convinced of the veracity of your statement.

any1 with a green gas capable upgraded Maruzen MP5K![/b]

I will trade a TM MP5 with a 350 fps upgrade, 9.6V 1500 mAh custom battery(fits in the foregrip) and 7 mags for it!

You'll be waiting a long time. And that gun is firing above forum limits for trade :waggle:

Man Ghost Rider...what a provocative side you are standing on...i mean c'mon, a negative rep point?? what an *$$hole man....not cool at all.

I neg-repped you for insulting another user. You post inaccurate advice, and then can't back it up when someone calls you on it. Not cool at all. ;)

If you can't have a mature discussion without resorting to insults, that is your problem, not mine. Expect some warn points for trying to circumvent the word filter too. :rules:

hmm not a very good post there ahlbdiboo. I think flameing shall come of this. and Kudoos for proveing a point people. Maruzen MP5k's cant run green. He said the folks were here on arnies. i would personally love for them to post. hey we all could be wrong here. maybe some one made a solid titanium internal set for there mp5k

eat my bum  ;)

Yeah, kinda detracts from your comments thus far eh? :)

The facts are (from me, who has 3 GBB Maruzen MP5k SMGs)....

They are NOT Green Gas Suitable. Red Gas (being even more powerful than Green) is just stupid.

Yes, the Guarder enhanced loading muzzle helps solve one weakness. Yes, adding rubber rings to the end of the recoil spring guides can help slow the shock effects of green gas.

However, there is still one fatal flaw. The metal bolt. This has no replacements, no modifications, and no improvements that make it green gas worthy. The last of the 3 MP5k GBBs I bought was about a month ago and I just finished sending an email to WGC (who I bought it from) detailing failures in this very component.

Allow me to clarify....

I sent the following images of my 26 day old metal bolt after normal use...

missingrunner.jpg

crack1.jpg

crack2.jpg

And this is my THIRD MP5k. The other two are FAR more badly damaged (shattered bolts, broken blowback chambers, etc...). This Third one is WGCs "Green Gas Compatible" version too! :o

This sort of damage is normal when running this gun on green gas. The gun is NOT designed for this gas and WILL suffer damage if used in this way.

And this does not even start to address details such as the weak mag-latch that allows magazines to drop from the gun when using green gas, and other failures relating to its design.

See my review for more info. ;)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/....php/product/19

Hope this helps set the record straight.

He's right....I just so badly want to have a GBB MP5....and the YE MP5 is so damned expensive, and externally powered.

I wanted a Green Gas run MP5K so bad i beleived anyone who said it would work...but still, what DID allow that person to use Red gas? and WHY did he even try it...

AND furthermore....whats the gun like run on HFC134A?

Echos Ghost's points above. The gun is just a weak girly toy on 134a, but on Green Gas, it's a plastic-spitting beast.

The problem is that it just doesn't last that long on Green :(

Shame cos this could be the best Airsoft gun ever made if it only worked reliably on Green Gas.

I gotta ask...

Why did you buy the 2nd and 3rd one?

:P

Because using Green Gas it is just the best Airsoft gun ever made! The first two are now in Airsoft heaven as they are FUBAR, but I had to get a third to relive the glory days and test out WGC's TOP-Gas-Compatible version. :)

But I know 2 ppl who have upgraded with JUST the guarder enhanced loading muzzle and can run the damned thing on RED gas.....check out my last topic on this. in general discussion "GAS SMG or RIFLE"

I wanted a Green Gas run MP5K so bad i beleived anyone who said it would work...but still, what DID allow that person to use Red gas? and WHY did he even try it.

I'm confused.

You either know 2 people who have upgraded their Maruzen MP5Ks to run on green or you don't.

You don't simply change your POV cos R22 says something different.

Maybe R22 is a drooling vegetable who couldn't weild a screwdriver to save his life and maybe your mates are GBB whizzes who could teach us all a thing or two?

Or, maybe you're telling fibs?

Which is it?

*finger poises over -ve rep button*

is there ANY way to replicate the metal bolt???

Believe me, I have tried. I have even manufactured a full-steel bolt, but with the absance of a suitable rubber seal, it just didn't work.

Photos...

mk5k-newinternals-1-lrg.jpg

mk5k-newinternals-2-lrg.jpg

mk5k-newinternals-3-lrg.jpg

mk5k-newinternals-4-lrg.jpg

It's heart breaking really. When they are working on green, they are without doubt the single most grinworthy gun ever.

It's almost as if they compress the fun you have of a normal gas blowback into a huge concentrated dose, with the side affect of hugely concentrating the run time as well.

Such a shame.....

Archived